Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Custom Turnout Gear Question

I am looking to get a set of Globe GX-7 gear...I have been told I have to order a custom set because I cant find anyone that still has them in stock. Does anyone know of a good retail or rep to go through to order the custom set or know of anywhere that may still have GX-7 gear in stock?....I have a set of G-extreme now and want something that fits a little bit more snug. Is it possiable to get g-extreme in a more custom snugger fit? I am in the proper size gear right now, it just fits to baggy....Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stock07 View Post
    I am looking to get a set of Globe GX-7 gear...I have been told I have to order a custom set because I cant find anyone that still has them in stock. Does anyone know of a good retail or rep to go through to order the custom set or know of anywhere that may still have GX-7 gear in stock?....I have a set of G-extreme now and want something that fits a little bit more snug. Is it possiable to get g-extreme in a more custom snugger fit? I am in the proper size gear right now, it just fits to baggy....Thanks
    You will have to get a rep in your area to check on the model gear you are wanting. Go to the Globe website and find the rep that covers your area.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stock07 View Post

While going to Globe's website and finding a local dealer will be your best bet, it never hurts to try other dealers who may have something in stock. It can be the difference of getting the gear you want in a week vs a month or longer.

As for wanting gear that is more snug, be careful with what you are asking for. The somewhat loose fit is something you want. Are you sure your wearing the right size gear? For example, what size waist do you wear in jeans and what size waist are your bunker pants now?

Forum Member

We switched to Globe G-EXCEL, not nearly as baggy as the G-EXTREME. Still has a good fit and you can get whatever options you want, such as the waist belt, if desired.

Forum Member

Capt, what type of gear did you have before the G-EXCEL? We have the GX-treme, and I have to admit I was the one that ordered it. We had GX-7 and had problems with no being able to bend our knee's. So I'm not opposed to change. txs.

Forum Member

We had GX-7, Charlotte NC Spec. Tried some Fire-Dex w/ a similar spec but had durability issues. The G-EXCEL seems to be great fit w/o being baggy.

Forum Member

I wear a 32x30 Jeans...and my gear is 34x28...The fit in the waist and length are good, its just the overall baggyness of the G-xtreme Pants I dont like(as stated before it feels like your wearing a diaper)...We had GX-7 before the the G-xtreme and the fit of the GX-7 pants was great, however I prefered the G-xtreme Jacket(pre rescue starp) better than the GX-7 Jacket...Basically Im not really looking for a "Custom" GX-7 pant, just a GX-7 pant with our city spec's for materials(which are fairly common)...The problem I have found is finding any GX-7 gear in stock anywhere, since the G-xtreme has come out...

Forum Member

Simple solution ... fight more fire and break your gear in. My G-xtreme gear fits the same as my GX7 gear does so I am not sure why you are experiencing issues.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue601 View Post
    Simple solution ... fight more fire and break your gear in. My G-xtreme gear fits the same as my GX7 gear does so I am not sure why you are experiencing issues.
    Thats not the issue, it has seen plenty of work, going on 4 years of use now(G-xtreme)...Its the fit itself...If you cant tell a diffrence in the cut and fit between GX-7 and G-xtreme maybe you dont get to use your gear that much...I dont know anyone who has "actually used" both sets of gear that says the fit is the same....Simple solution, "use" your gear more and you'll know the diffrence...

Thread Information