1. #1
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    portland, OR
    Posts
    188

    Thumbs down FDNY EMS accountability

    Haven't seen this hit the forums: http://www.nypost.com/iphone/story.p..._topstories_13

    2 EMT's did not provide first aid to a pregnant woman and she and her baby died. On top of that they lied about their ability to help

  2. #2
    Forum Member
    Jonnee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ogomez View Post
    Haven't seen this hit the forums: http://www.nypost.com/iphone/story.p..._topstories_13

    2 EMT's did not provide first aid to a pregnant woman and she and her baby died. On top of that they lied about their ability to help


    AND your point is???? Stirring the old pot??

    Were you there?

    Reading the NY Post sure is convincing.

  3. #3
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canuck Expat May be anywhere
    Posts
    2,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnee View Post
    AND your point is???? Stirring the old pot??

    Were you there?

    Reading the NY Post sure is convincing.
    Considering some of the controversy surrounding FDNY and EMS this certainly has relevance on this forum. Exactly who appointed you moderator and arbiter of who posts what on this forum?

  4. #4
    Forum Member
    Jonnee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanLoader View Post
    Considering some of the controversy surrounding FDNY and EMS this certainly has relevance on this forum. Exactly who appointed you moderator and arbiter of who posts what on this forum?
    No did my friend, but before I would post a thread like he did I would HAVE all the frigging facts on the story. Beside how dare you to blast me, you don't know me and know anything about me.



    As I said the NY POST doesn't print everything about everything.

    It is like the other papers in this country, namely the Washington Post, a lot of print but can you believe it all??

    I am sure firefighters screw the pooch up in your beloved country as well!!!!!!

  5. #5
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canuck Expat May be anywhere
    Posts
    2,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnee View Post
    No did my friend, but before I would post a thread like he did I would HAVE all the frigging facts on the story. Beside how dare you to blast me, you don't know me and know anything about me.



    As I said the NY POST doesn't print everything about everything.

    It is like the other papers in this country, namely the Washington Post, a lot of print but can you believe it all??

    I am sure firefighters screw the pooch up in your beloved country as well!!!!!!
    Of course they do and they can and are criticized for it in the media including FH. It would be great if all the information was in place before anyone commented, but unfortunately, that's not the way the world works. On here, there have been instances where the person or the dept screwed up, namely Boston FD and Houston, when the facts actually came out, everyone just ignored things.

  6. #6
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnee View Post
    AND your point is???? Stirring the old pot??

    Were you there?

    Reading the NY Post sure is convincing.
    OK
    Try these Cold-hearted EMTs showed no remorse after pregnant woman Eutisha Rennix's death, say co-workers or this NYC EMS Blogspot

    The point is there is a total dereliction of duty here and both should be fired and lose their certifications.

  7. #7
    Forum Member
    FHJ718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanLoader View Post
    Of course they do and they can and are criticized for it in the media including FH. It would be great if all the information was in place before anyone commented, but unfortunately, that's not the way the world works. On here, there have been instances where the person or the dept screwed up, namely Boston FD and Houston, when the facts actually came out, everyone just ignored things.
    Now Now don't go there.

  8. #8
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canuck Expat May be anywhere
    Posts
    2,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    OK
    Try these Cold-hearted EMTs showed no remorse after pregnant woman Eutisha Rennix's death, say co-workers or this NYC EMS Blogspot

    The point is there is a total dereliction of duty here and both should be fired and lose their certifications.
    Nope definitely cannot agree here until a lot more facts are in. As near as I can ascertain, they were dispatchers on a lunch break, therefore no crash bag, no barriers, basically nothing but their unprotected hands and their knowledge. I don't know the medical condition or circumstances of the casualty, but the only criticism I can offer at this point would be that they did not stay with here until EMS arrived. As a former paramedic, there is not a lot they could do in this situation given the info we have.

  9. #9
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnee View Post
    No did my friend, but before I would post a thread like he did I would HAVE all the frigging facts on the story. Beside how dare you to blast me, you don't know me and know anything about me.



    As I said the NY POST doesn't print everything about everything.

    It is like the other papers in this country, namely the Washington Post, a lot of print but can you believe it all??

    I am sure firefighters screw the pooch up in your beloved country as well!!!!!!
    Seriously, your statement make no sense...Obviously you must know these worthless EMT's since your so sprited to stand up for their complete lack of usefulness and a complete waste of space...You dont really need to know the entire story, the bits and pieces pretty much tell the story...They are certified EMT's, they didnt do their job and some people died....They will get what is just one way or another, either by being fired or having to live with the stigma of being "those emt's that let those people die".....

  10. #10
    Early Adopter
    cozmosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1999
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnee View Post
    No did my friend, but before I would post a thread like he did I would HAVE all the frigging facts on the story.
    If we waited until we had all of the facts before making posts on this board... there would be no messages.

  11. #11
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    portland, OR
    Posts
    188

    Default Whoa there johnee

    My point was that I was surprised this hadn't hit the forum yet. As more facts come out it doesn't look good. When their own union rep back pedals?

    As far as their leaving the scene? Even w/o PPE they could have stayed and helped, secured the scene, taken HR/RR. To just shrug it off and leave at best give the FDNY/EMS a bad image. I am not slamming the dept. I know a few personally and know that it is a treat dept With great people. When the few make mistakes we need to hold them accountable. My dept has been there.

    So take it easy there J

  12. #12
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanLoader View Post
    Nope definitely cannot agree here until a lot more facts are in. As near as I can ascertain, they were dispatchers on a lunch break, therefore no crash bag, no barriers, basically nothing but their unprotected hands and their knowledge. I don't know the medical condition or circumstances of the casualty, but the only criticism I can offer at this point would be that they did not stay with here until EMS arrived. As a former paramedic, there is not a lot they could do in this situation given the info we have.
    There is much they could do even without proper PPE and equipment. They can assess the patient and give info to responding units. There may have been other things they could have done. But to sit back and ignore the problem is plain old wrong. In NYS they have a duty to act. If nothing else, get up and see what is going on, public perception means a lot. The public sees this and questions what they are paying for.

  13. #13
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    portland, OR
    Posts
    188

    Default

    J
    my other reason was to get info that would be more acurate than what the media is pitting out. If they are being thrown under the bus let's help them out. But if they are falling short of their duties then they should be held accountable. Why is that such a bad thing?
    Last edited by ogomez; 12-23-2009 at 05:19 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FDNY opinion of FDNY EMS
    By clark918 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 212
    Last Post: 12-03-2009, 09:07 AM
  2. Fire Fighters Oppose Creation of Separate Federal EMS Administration
    By HeavyRescueTech in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-31-2005, 04:02 PM
  3. World Of Fire Report: 03-20-04
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2004, 02:59 PM
  4. MY PRAYERS TO OUR FELLOW EMERGENCY WORKERS IN NEW YORK
    By actionj21 in forum Line of Duty: In Memory Of
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 09-21-2001, 04:20 PM
  5. EMS and the Fire Service: The Impact on the PGFD
    By bostonff in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-21-2001, 09:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register