MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs down FDNY EMS accountability

Haven't seen this hit the forums: http://www.nypost.com/iphone/story.p..._topstories_13

2 EMT's did not provide first aid to a pregnant woman and she and her baby died. On top of that they lied about their ability to help

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ogomez View Post
    Haven't seen this hit the forums: http://www.nypost.com/iphone/story.p..._topstories_13

2 EMT's did not provide first aid to a pregnant woman and she and her baby died. On top of that they lied about their ability to help

AND your point is???? Stirring the old pot??

Were you there?

Reading the NY Post sure is convincing.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnee View Post

Were you there?

Considering some of the controversy surrounding FDNY and EMS this certainly has relevance on this forum. Exactly who appointed you moderator and arbiter of who posts what on this forum?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BryanLoader View Post
    Considering some of the controversy surrounding FDNY and EMS this certainly has relevance on this forum. Exactly who appointed you moderator and arbiter of who posts what on this forum?
    No did my friend, but before I would post a thread like he did I would HAVE all the frigging facts on the story. Beside how dare you to blast me, you don't know me and know anything about me.

As I said the NY POST doesn't print everything about everything.

It is like the other papers in this country, namely the Washington Post, a lot of print but can you believe it all??

I am sure firefighters screw the pooch up in your beloved country as well!!!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

No did my friend, but before I would post a thread like he did I would HAVE all the frigging facts on the story. Beside how dare you to blast me, you don't know me and know anything about me.

It is like the other papers in this country, namely the Washington Post, a lot of print but can you believe it all??

Of course they do and they can and are criticized for it in the media including FH. It would be great if all the information was in place before anyone commented, but unfortunately, that's not the way the world works. On here, there have been instances where the person or the dept screwed up, namely Boston FD and Houston, when the facts actually came out, everyone just ignored things.

Banned

Were you there?

OK
    Try these Cold-hearted EMTs showed no remorse after pregnant woman Eutisha Rennix's death, say co-workers or this NYC EMS Blogspot

The point is there is a total dereliction of duty here and both should be fired and lose their certifications.

Forum Member

Of course they do and they can and are criticized for it in the media including FH. It would be great if all the information was in place before anyone commented, but unfortunately, that's not the way the world works. On here, there have been instances where the person or the dept screwed up, namely Boston FD and Houston, when the facts actually came out, everyone just ignored things.
    Now Now don't go there.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    OK
    Try these Cold-hearted EMTs showed no remorse after pregnant woman Eutisha Rennix's death, say co-workers or this NYC EMS Blogspot

The point is there is a total dereliction of duty here and both should be fired and lose their certifications.
    Nope definitely cannot agree here until a lot more facts are in. As near as I can ascertain, they were dispatchers on a lunch break, therefore no crash bag, no barriers, basically nothing but their unprotected hands and their knowledge. I don't know the medical condition or circumstances of the casualty, but the only criticism I can offer at this point would be that they did not stay with here until EMS arrived. As a former paramedic, there is not a lot they could do in this situation given the info we have.

Forum Member

Seriously, your statement make no sense...Obviously you must know these worthless EMT's since your so sprited to stand up for their complete lack of usefulness and a complete waste of space...You dont really need to know the entire story, the bits and pieces pretty much tell the story...They are certified EMT's, they didnt do their job and some people died....They will get what is just one way or another, either by being fired or having to live with the stigma of being "those emt's that let those people die".....

Early Adopter

No did my friend, but before I would post a thread like he did I would HAVE all the frigging facts on the story.
    If we waited until we had all of the facts before making posts on this board... there would be no messages.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Whoa there johnee

My point was that I was surprised this hadn't hit the forum yet. As more facts come out it doesn't look good. When their own union rep back pedals?

As far as their leaving the scene? Even w/o PPE they could have stayed and helped, secured the scene, taken HR/RR. To just shrug it off and leave at best give the FDNY/EMS a bad image. I am not slamming the dept. I know a few personally and know that it is a treat dept With great people. When the few make mistakes we need to hold them accountable. My dept has been there.

So take it easy there J

Banned

Nope definitely cannot agree here until a lot more facts are in. As near as I can ascertain, they were dispatchers on a lunch break, therefore no crash bag, no barriers, basically nothing but their unprotected hands and their knowledge. I don't know the medical condition or circumstances of the casualty, but the only criticism I can offer at this point would be that they did not stay with here until EMS arrived. As a former paramedic, there is not a lot they could do in this situation given the info we have.
    There is much they could do even without proper PPE and equipment. They can assess the patient and give info to responding units. There may have been other things they could have done. But to sit back and ignore the problem is plain old wrong. In NYS they have a duty to act. If nothing else, get up and see what is going on, public perception means a lot. The public sees this and questions what they are paying for.

MembersZone Subscriber

J
    my other reason was to get info that would be more acurate than what the media is pitting out. If they are being thrown under the bus let's help them out. But if they are falling short of their duties then they should be held accountable. Why is that such a bad thing?
    Last edited by ogomez; 12-23-2009 at 05:19 PM.

Thread Information