Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Video: Please do not shoot at the police

Especially if they can reload faster than you can run.

http://videos.kansascity.com/vmix_ho...dia?id=7845537

I feel bad for the big guy in the first patrol car. He almost got it bad. He was not hit, he just fell backwards when the shooting started. Thank god for close by backup... and extra magazines! Anyone want to bet this @ssholes family is accusing the police of needlessly killing their perfect angel child?
    Last edited by nmfire; 12-23-2009 at 02:44 PM.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Shoot Out

I remember reading about an incident that happened in Florida about four years ago. A State Trooper was shot and killed in cold blood on the Florida Turnpike during a routine traffic stop. The Florida law enforcement community responded with a massive manhunt involving over 250 law enforcement officers. Within 24 hours the assailant was cornered in a south Florida county and instead of surrendering, he started firing at police. The assailant was killed and no further law enforcement personnel were injured.

The story goes that a reporter was pressing the local southern sheriff why the assailant had been shot 15 times, implying it was excessive. The sheriff calmly replied, that's because we ran out of bullets!!

My hats off to law enforcement members everywhere and don't F**k with the ones in Florida. They look out for their own.

That was Polk County FL. The suspect shot and killed a sheriff's deputy and his K9 and wounded a second deputy. There were over 500 ****ed off and heavily armed law enforcement officers from all over the state hunting for this dirt bag. One of the SWAT teams stumbled upon him in the woods and the ensuing gun fire left him with a whole lot more than 15 GSW's. I think it was 68 gunshot wounds. All of which he deserved. The gun he used when firing upon the SWAT team that found him in the woods was the sidearm he stole off the deputy he killed.

http://www.policespecial.com/intheli...s/Williams.htm
    Last edited by nmfire; 12-23-2009 at 03:37 PM.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

MembersZone Subscriber

First, I know it is a figure of speech, but there is no such thing as routine patrol or a routine MV stop.

Second, you can see from this video that firing your weapon and shooting a suspect is a traumatic experience for an officer. I thank God all the time that I never had to fire weapon at someone. I wonder how many officers are killed because they hesitate firing at an armed subject out of fear of the consequences.

Third, those of you who joke about cops having an easy job, look at the video again.

I am glad that the officer was not hit. He is extremely fortunate.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

MembersZone Subscriber

A little more on this story. Drugs and Alcohol on board

http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=11655772

Glad the officers made it out ok.

I agree George. Having been involved (on the EMS side of treatment) in officer-involved shootings, an officer is never quite the same after squeezing the trigger in defense of themselves or the public. It is not a decision made lightly. Even though it is often a justified move, taking another human's life is not an easy action to deal with.

And I recall the incident in Florida. Piece of human excrement got exactly what he deserved. One incident I dealth with as a Paramedic was rough, as the office responded to a simple noise complaint and when he pulled up a 15 (yes a FIFTEEN) year old kid turned around quickly, grabbed the officer's sidearm, a struggle ensued, the weapon discharge in the officer's face, causing powder burns to his right cheek it was so close, and the officer was able to discharge 2 more rounds striking the kid at center mass both times. That officer was never the same, but did return to the field.

The dead kid's mother publicly stated on the news coverage that she was ****ed at her son, and forgave and understood the officer. If memory serves right, she met with the officer as well - which helped I am sure, but did not take away the pain of that decision or that action.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...12-slain_N.htm

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20...s-rise-in-2009
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Thread Information