Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from US Fire Tech.

Forum Member

Default Hello from Oklahoma..FF hopeful here.

Hey there Im Earley, from the OKC area of the state. Anyways decided that forums have always been a pretty good source of information and personal opinions so I figured I would jump on and see whats up. Anyways, a little about me, Im 25, decided I was going to party and such and coast through life, joined the national guard working on helicopters (always had a technical type job), then got deployed to Iraq for a year. That pretty much sucked and made me decide I wanted to do something with my life that mattered, so here I am. I applied with OKCFD thinking what the he** maybe I could get on first go around, didnt, so now Im enrolled to get a 2 year degree and go from there. Hopes and dreams baby!

Forum Member

Wink

Well, Hey back. Thank you for serving your, my country. later on it will mean so much to you that you did. While attending school, try and join a volunteer department. You will be surprised how much it will help you and them.

Attend the forums here often and share. Good luck with your career choice. You may develop and overwhelming sense of responsibility to the fire service with time.

MembersZone Subscriber

Early if you are dead set on OKCFD you might look into joining the fire acemdemy down at EOC in coctaw. okcfd hires out of this acemdemy. it offer's FFI and FFII emt haz-mat and pretty much every thing eles you need to get hired the also offer the asfab test

Forum Member

Default hello from missouri......

hi there folks i'm from the great state of missouri. I started in the service in 2001 as a jr. i have since then changed depts. and gotin my ff 1&2 and EMT. My dept. is pretty much all rual with very little city operations.

Forum Member

Default Here is why I love Jr. FF's

Quote Originally Posted by missouri redhead View Post
    hi there folks i'm from the great state of missouri. I started in the service in 2001 as a jr. i have since then changed depts. and gotin my ff 1&2 and EMT. My dept. is pretty much all rual with very little city operations.
    This is why I love Jr. FF programs. They often give these young men the real opportunity to become firefighters. The department that has these programs benefits, the Jr. FF , his family, his school and community.

We need to get our insurers to cut a little more slack when including such young men under umbrellas of protection. The long range safety benefit mitigates their age factor when volunteering.

Bravo young man and thank you.

Thread Information