Forum Member

Default Lookin for someone working on a Miami Dade 75' Rosenbauer

I am looking to talk to someone working on one of the new Rosenbauer's that Miami Dade is running, the 75' single axle ladders. I have not had any luck contacting anyone to get some more details about that apparatus, photos, and their opinions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Forum Member

Gee whiz, yet another thread from Robonel on Miami Dade's 75's. How many threads are really necessary on this topic? Try giving the local a call, perhaps they'd be able to put you in contact with some guys who actually work on these companies.

Forum Member

I have not had any luck with any of that, so I just decided to repost to see if I could get some additional info.

Forum Member

Don't think they've had 'em long enough to have much maintenance history. T.C.

Forum Member

Default Rosie's Ladders

My bet is the people are TOO busy working on them to make time to view this page.

Forum Member

WHY do you think that? These units are NEW and I HIGHLY doubt they are falling apart in the first half year of their service span. I'd sooner think there isn't much service history to start graphing on. T.C.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    WHY do you think that? These units are NEW and I HIGHLY doubt they are falling apart in the first half year of their service span. I'd sooner think there isn't much service history to start graphing on. T.C.
    He might be thinking the Brothers in Miami are actually catching some work, not repairs, so they have little time to spend on FH.com? That was how I took it. I'd trade this computer for a few more interesting calls, damn EMS is killing us.

Waxing up the shovels TC?

Forum Member

Don't do much shoveling,a lot of snow diving. I'm NOT the least bit concerned,when I can't move anymore,I'll break out the JD450E Dozer. I'd LOVE to see 3 feet so I can listen to the Town crew whine. Anything over 6" drives them nuts. To Me,that's a good start. T.C.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    Don't do much shoveling,a lot of snow diving. I'm NOT the least bit concerned,when I can't move anymore,I'll break out the JD450E Dozer. I'd LOVE to see 3 feet so I can listen to the Town crew whine. Anything over 6" drives them nuts. To Me,that's a good start. T.C.
    I'll refrain from the obvious about needing more than 6" to get you going! This storm will give the newbies some needed hydrant memorization. Nothing like busing your hump shoveling them to remember where they are for the test. Since we already pay some of the highest hydrant costs i the state I can't understand why we still have to clear them, but even if the Water Co. did them, it likely wouldn't be fast enough and would cost even more. Most of us could use the exercise and OT after Christmas.

Forum Member

Don't think they've had 'em long enough to have much maintenance history
    Wanna bet. Those rigs are two years old and I've seen first hand how they've treated them. Put it this way, we had two Engines delivered at the same time as that big order and there is a big difference between ours and theirs now and we run 2000 calls per rig, per year. They have definitely "tested" them and of course they've held up very well.

Forum Member

Now just 'cause enquiring minds wanna know,HTF does a guy in BC know how Sunny Glades ladders are holding Up? You spending the winter months in a WARM place or you got another "in" I don't know about? We're in agreement on construction. We got a Rosie we pound pretty regularly( NO,it doesn't do 3000 a year)and outside of some screws loosening up,no issues. T.C.

Forum Member

Now I can't go giving away all my secrets.

Thread Information