Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vol. FF

Forum Member

Default Vol. FF

im new to az (gilbert to be exact). just did 4 years in the air force and moved here from georgia, originally from california. im starting school the end of january, taking my emt, hazmat and conditioning & fittness for FF classes. so im trying to find some volunteer departments in the area, w/in 30 minutes and im finding no luck, found a few but w/ no info on them. does anybody know of any? im willing to travel a lil ways and spend a good amount of time there, but i know most vol. fd require you to live w/in a certain distances. and another question, is their any state requirements for vollies?

sorry this was long. any help would be great, thanks.

MembersZone Subscriber

In theory at least, there is no state training requirement for firefighter. You *could* be hired and work as a firefighter without any formal training but the reality is no true dept will do that. I say true dept because I can name one or two that will hire people without training and put them to work.

If you have your CPAT and can do a 48 shift Florence Fire might be a place to look for part-time work. It’s been a while but I think the requirement was 2 shifts a month. It’s a small town but they get a far number of calls at the Florence station (521), not so much in Anthem (522).

Edit to add that Black Canyon City isn't bad either but than again, its the drive you're not really looking for.

Forum Member

i had a feeling you'd be the one to reply back. thanks for it. i looked at florence last week, but didnt look too much into it, ill be calling them soon. black canyon is a lil far but id be willing to make the drive, id rather head north. thanks for the info.

Thread Information