MembersZone Subscriber

Default Lockout/Tagout Systems and Scuttlebutt

Okay, not really.

What the frak?!
    Two threads locked down by the webteam and an admonishment to only post on-topic?!
    Yes, there are the TOS. But this is too Orwellian.
    We cannot voice our opinions of what's happening here to each other???

Forum Member

Apparently not...
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

I say we just do whatever we want whenever we want and on whatever thread we want. The webteam is like a woman on the rag- they will come and go and be annoying once a month and we'll just have to deal with it.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Yeah, the Webteam thing is getting pretty rediculous. Has anyone actualy tried contacting the company itself to see what the issue is? Surely someone would be concerned that the majority of the contributing members of the forums are all aggravated with the same issue.

Or maybe that is just wishful thinking as well.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Learning Curve

What makes these forums worthwhile reading is the input from a diverse set of experiences and opinions. In the first 4 posts on this thread, the posters represent a total of 16,498 comments that I would guess contributed mightily to the success of the forums. Everyone makes mistakes, be it mundane comments on a forum, or actions that take peoples lives. If everything goes right you will never know any other way of confronting a problem. Only by errors, are we forced to step back and analyze the results of the “mistake”.
    I would imagine, right about now the “Forum Police” are being forced into rethinking their actions. Perhaps it will be a good learning experience for the King and for “Knecht Rupprecht”.

Kuhshise

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Peltz Nichol

For some of us, December 6th was a day of fear and trepidation. Knech Ruprecht was the companion of Saint Nicholas who visited on the feast day of the Good Saint. Knecht Ruprecht was dressed in rags and bound with chains. He represented the incarnation of the devil, and the chains were the sign of his being in the control of the Good Saint. We had to kneel and say our prayers, and if everything was right, Knecht Ruprecht was driven out and we got some small presents. If things were not right, we recieved a lump of coal or a willow switch from the evil Knecht. Such were the times of Christmas past growing up in a Bavarian Community.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by KuhShise View Post
    For some of us, December 6th was a day of fear and trepidation. Knecht Ruprecht was the companion of Saint Nicholas who visited on the feast day of the Good Saint.
    Good God....is that a good thing or bad thing for my last name??

Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Thread Information