Forum Member

Question AFG - Vehicles/apparatus

Has anybody noticed any movement on awards for vehicles or apparatus so far? Applied for a tender, haven't received a DJ or an 1199.... Im beginning to get antsy...

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by fatman22 View Post
    Has anybody noticed any movement on awards for vehicles or apparatus so far? Applied for a tender, haven't received a DJ or an 1199.... Im beginning to get antsy...
    There have been no awards to date with AFG. 1199A's have been coming out, but to date no q's have been sent out. It's early in the process; just have to sit tight. DJ's will not start until after a few rounds of awards have been made.

One thing you can check is the budget section of the application to see if there has been a reduction in the amount applied for. This was the first thing to appear on grants during the delay on the release of 1199A's. If there is a reduction a good indicator that things are moving forward.

Forum Member

Sorry, I should have clarified what I was really saying. I mean to ask if anyone had noticed *any* action on their app for vehicles. I haven't noticed anything, no reductions, or 1199. I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fatman22 View Post
    Sorry, I should have clarified what I was really saying. I mean to ask if anyone had noticed *any* action on their app for vehicles. I haven't noticed anything, no reductions, or 1199. I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.
    yes there have been many

FH Mag/.com Contributor

I wouldn't say many, but there has been vehicle movement, last sign was the 16th since that's when we found an ambulance for a 1st time applicant. They're running mostly Ops since they're more straightforward and also more of them to get the funding train moving.

Forum Member

We are still waiting on our end, went for a tender/tanker. Hope to hear somthing soon I can't sit still in my seat Checking that fema site everyday

Forum Member

Wink Little Christmas is Jan 6

I'm glad you mentioned this...
    I noticed a conspicuous lack of anyone posting anything about vehicle apps getting movement over the last couple of weeks too... but was afraid it was just my tunnel vision.

It seems like the first little spurt of 1199s were vehicles, then those slowed, and ops have been flowing.

I'm waiting to hear on a Tanker app as well... no reduction, no 1199, just an empty stocking hung by the chimney with care.. but Santa didn't show..

...so I'm hoping for a visit from the Three Kings, bearing 1199s, 10Qs, and Awards (someone else can have the Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh)

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Andy2802 View Post
    I'm glad you mentioned this...
    I noticed a conspicuous lack of anyone posting anything about vehicle apps getting movement over the last couple of weeks too... but was afraid it was just my tunnel vision.

It seems like the first little spurt of 1199s were vehicles, then those slowed, and ops have been flowing.

I'm waiting to hear on a Tanker app as well... no reduction, no 1199, just an empty stocking hung by the chimney with care.. but Santa didn't show..

...so I'm hoping for a visit from the Three Kings, bearing 1199s, 10Qs, and Awards (someone else can have the Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh)
    Patience Andy, if written well and the need is there, it will come.Take advantage of the weather and "chill out guy". Many rounds to go
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Thread Information