MembersZone Subscriber

Default The waiting room

Ok, with all the talk of 1199a's, 10Q's, etc, who else has not heard a durn thing?

Sitting on a regional for a paging system, a tanker, and turnouts because we got so many new firefighters through our SAFER grant, and I have heard not a word....

Depressing.

Forum Member

Just trying to replace a 20 yr old tanker with a new one. Yes....depressing
    Blandford Fire Department
    93 Main Street
    Blandford, Ma 01008

Forum Member

Wink

Another tanker application here as well.. do I sense a trend ? ;-)

Forum Member

Tanker here also....lucky number 4???

Default me too

We are also trying for a tanker. This would replace a 41 year old truck that really isnt a tanker and not really a pumper. Back in the day, I suppose it was a pumper, however by todays standards, its not. 1200 gallon tank and a 500 gpm pump that wont pass testing, and has numerous other problems. I also have heard nothing.

Forum Member

Your tanker is only 20 years old? Heck, that's still new! Mine is 32 years old! Got the 1199A for hose and appurtenances, biting my nails on the tanker app... Would be nice to get something that can actually make it to the fires (and then stop when it gets there!)

It would be nice to make it past the computer, but would be an excellent present to actually be receiving an award to replace it (before 2017)

Forum Member

my quick attack/brush truck for 137,500 is getting dusty from no activity.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by medic190 View Post
    Your tanker is only 20 years old? Heck, that's still new! Mine is 32 years old! Got the 1199A for hose and appurtenances, biting my nails on the tanker app... Would be nice to get something that can actually make it to the fires (and then stop when it gets there!)

It would be nice to make it past the computer, but would be an excellent present to actually be receiving an award to replace it (before 2017)
    Are you one of the guys I shared my water supply narrative with? I like to keep up with how much help my past grants provide, so I'm curious.

I've got a couple of departments I helped out still waiting, too. Quick attacks, a tanker or two, and a couple engines.

Forum Member

I've heard nothing... trying to replace a 21 year old engine.

MembersZone Subscriber

Now folks, lets not be reachig for the "hemlock" just yet. Its early folks; the first round has not even been released yet, nobody has gotten a set of 10 questions yet.... and yet I see many of the posters here already have an 1199a ref award #'s posted for other OPS appls that they have in.

Good things come to those that wait. Last year there were 30 some rounds of AFG and yes, they are way, way behind right now but, no reason to be crying the blues or booking session with the "shrink" and renewing prescriptions for "anti-depressants" just yet.

The fat lady is far from singing... in fact I don't think she has even begun clearing her throat yet. First round DJ notices probabaly won't be out till 45 days from now or so... live with your weather conditions right now and chill out! LOL!
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

Default tanker....someone say tanker

I dont even have a tanker with a 3 inch main feeding our city!!! I was given an old military duce and a half but no tank and it will only hold 1200 gallons max. Problem is theres hydrants in the city they just suck...hope the computer doesnt see that and kick us out!

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Now folks,
    The fat lady is far from singing... in fact I don't think she has even begun clearing her throat yet. First round DJ notices probabaly won't be out till 45 days from now or so... live with your weather conditions right now and chill out! LOL!
    I saw the fat lady yesterday: She was SOOOOO drunk that she probably won't even wake up for a week or two. She won't be singing anytime soon!
    It would be nice to see some 10 Q's start so we at least know there is some life in DC besides the one or two dedicated folks that have been hand keying 1199's during the holiday week.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by centralfire View Post
    I dont even have a tanker with a 3 inch main feeding our city!!! I was given an old military duce and a half but no tank and it will only hold 1200 gallons max. Problem is theres hydrants in the city they just suck...hope the computer doesnt see that and kick us out!
    Hydrants? What are those?

Fire Captain, LVRS

Waiting on a vehicle replacement of a 15 year old rescue squad with 40,000 runs on it...no activity yet....fingers crossed tightly

Forum Member

Count me in, still waiting for a tanker and if we're really lucky some new SCBAs.
    Ed

Forum Member

Still waiting here also for a tanker for my volunteer dept. and an aerial for my career dept. But can't complain, received 1199's for 72k for rescue equipment for vol. and 56k for wildland gear for career.....so 2 for 4 so far this year

Forum Member

Where o where is my tanker tonight why are you leaving me here all alone ???????????

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post
    Hydrants? What are those?
    I saw one one time...there was a dog attached to it.
    Last edited by mmcneill; 01-02-2010 at 09:57 PM. Reason: spelling

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mmcneill View Post
    I saw one one time...the was a dog attached to it.
    Oh, like a Wagon Queen Family Truckster station wagon?

(National Lampoon's Vacation is on right now)

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post
    Oh, like a Wagon Queen Family Truckster station wagon?

(National Lampoon's Vacation is on right now)
    Hey get that tag # if Christie Brinkley is still in it!Whoa pardner we gotta hang a right for that World's Biggest Ball of Yarn and Wally World LOL!
    Last edited by ktb9780; 01-02-2010 at 06:23 PM.
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Hey get that tag # if Christie Brinkley is still in it!Whoa pardner we gotta hang a right for that World's Biggest Ball of Yarn and Wally World LOL!
    I think the tag is "LUV ME" and only if given the chance!!!

Can't forget the house of mud

MembersZone Subscriber

Kurt,

Gald to hear that DJ letters are far from being out yet, as I have not heard a word. Also thought I would drop you line to say that I am sorry that our dept. did not sign on with your company this year, it just wasnt in the budget for us. I would like to attend a seminar if you have one in the midwest some time. In the mean time I will be paitently waiting and enjoying our extra white and cold midwest winter.
    Cheers,

Jerry
    Moville Fire

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by JSMV72 View Post
    Kurt,

Gald to hear that DJ letters are far from being out yet, as I have not heard a word. Also thought I would drop you line to say that I am sorry that our dept. did not sign on with your company this year, it just wasnt in the budget for us. I would like to attend a seminar if you have one in the midwest some time. In the mean time I will be paitently waiting and enjoying our extra white and cold midwest winter.
    Cheers,

Jerry
    Moville Fire
    Hey your still out there, good to hear from you Jerry. Hang in there guy.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Are the rounds for different things that were requested? Seems like a lot of people are getting grants for PPE, radios, Etc.

Also seeing a lot of apparatus, so I am curious if anyone has any insight to whether or not there is any method to the madness?

We had requested an exhaust removal system and I have not seen anyone else mention applying for one.

Forum Member

Rounds generally go in order of scoring. PPE is the highest priority, thus you'll see more PPE apps in the earlier rounds.

Exhaust Removal was a high priority this year in the modifications area; there have been plenty 1199As issued for them already.

Thread Information