Forum Member

Default Fulltime Fire Jobs

Does anyone know of any departments that are/will be testing for fulltime firefighters in the near future I am a FF2 EMT-B I have a CPAT Card and Just Turned 21 2 months ago. I am planing on taking Medic soon. I am looking any where in the state at this time.

Forum Member

Deerfield - Bannockburn Fire Protection District , Wauconda Fire Department, Alsip Fire Department, Bloomington Fire Department, and Chicago Ridge FD are all accepting applications due sometime between Jan 11th and Jan 31st I believe. Most require FFII, CPAT, and either EMT-B or Paramedic depending.

I'm looking for a fulltime job anywhere in the state too. I have FFII, EMT-P, CPAT, and HAZMAT Awareness, taking my HAZMAT Ops test in late Feb, so I'm looking for any other departments anyone knows about.

http://www.publicsafetyrecruitment.com/ is a good site to look at. It costs $7.95/month, but has a lot of IL fire departments that are hiring, plus many other states. It's not a great site all the time (some apps were posted 2 or 3 years ago), but most of the Chicago suburbs departments are accurate. Many up there test at the College of DuPage Consortium test that is usually every spring and fall. To test there you must be a member of Public Safety Recruitment and you fill out your app through that site. Each app costs between $15 and $30 per department.

MembersZone Subscriber

Collinsville FD in the metro area of St. Louis will be testing this late winter early spring. Paramedic is required. There is one opening now with the list exhausted. Check out the city web site for more info.

Forum Member

Edwardsville may be testing soon also. They will hire you without medic...but you have to become a medic to get off probation.

http://www.cityofedwardsville.com/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC={68B9141D-ADE9-4AFF-8B3D-4D1149E9E3E7}

Forum Member

Anyone know much about Chatham Fire Dept just south of Springfield, other than whats on their website? Seems like a good dept.

Forum Member

Godfrey FPD will be testing in the Spring. Godfrey is about 30 minutes north of St. Louis, MO.

www.godfreyfire.com

We don't do ALS and ambulances are provided through the local hospital and private service.

No budget problems here either.

Forum Member

Still have to be a FF2 to apply at Godfrey? Possibly hiring?

Forum Member

FF2 to test and EMT within a year of hire, FF3 to get off probation.

This will be a good list to get on. Probably at least a couple positions available.

Forum Member

Good deal, got FF2 and EMT already. I picked up an app last time they were testing but my FF2 didn't come in til about a month after it was to be turned in.

Thread Information