Eagle Mountain home damaged by fire
StoryDiscussionPosted: Tuesday, January 5, 2010 12:15 am

FIRE -- An Eagle Mountain home was severely damaged Sunday after a slow cooker caught fire. Fire chief Rand Andrus said a woman put a fresh turkey in the slow cooker at about 3 p.m. before the family left the home near 2500 Crest Drive in the Ranches. When they returned at 7 p.m., the house was filled with smoke. Andrus said it appears the turkey cooked dry and the appliance caught fire, burning cabinets in the kitchen and burning through to an upstairs bathroom. Damage is estimated at $100,000 and the home has been declared uninhabitable until burned joists can be repaired.