Default Tampa Fl is hiring

Pay scale is wrong. they start at $43K and top out at $69 K

http://www.tampagov.net/appl_personn...osting_id=2386

Forum Member

Is that for FF/PM or FF/emt that 43K?

Forum Member

FF/PM. Pay Scale is correct for FF/EMT, PM is a promoted from within position.

Forum Member

do you know how many they will hire this time?

Forum Member

Is it hard to transfer licenses from other states? Any guys from TBFD on here?

Forum Member

Default Pat

I found a list of Tampa FD PAT tasks but was wondering if anyone knew how they run it. Are each of the stations run congruently for time or individually pass/fail or some combination thereof?

Thanks

Forum Member

Combo....timed individually and all times are added together at the end.

Forum Member

Thanks Lucky2. I'm in the group that will be testing sometime during the 3rd or 4th week of February and am from out of state. HR said they would be sending out letters soon with the specifics. Thanks again

Forum Member

Casper did you already have FL certs or did you apply to transfer yours? If so, how was it?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by shznyt View Post
    Casper did you already have FL certs or did you apply to transfer yours? If so, how was it?
    Don't waste your time bro, its virtually impossible to get ur certs to transfer down here man...If you want, go ahead and call the Florida headquarters in Ocala, FL, but I can almost promise you that you will not have a chance at getting your certs to transfer. You could be a fire/medic everywhere other than FL, and you'd be lucky to get your EMT license out of all that to transfer down here. The best thing you can do if you want to move to FL and work (which, is impossible right now, as there are NO jobs, by far one of the worst places in the country) is to move down here, and go through the academy here again. and yes, EVERYWHERE practically in FL, you have to be FL certified FF 2 with EMT as well. Scratch that, you better be a medic here as well haha...

Forum Member

shznyt, VESmedic is right, Florida will not accept out-of-state certs. You can however challenge both the Florida FF2 and EMT (or paramedic) tests. Unfortunately, the firefighter test is only done a handful of times a year in Ocala. I took it back in September. I would strongly recommend the three-day refresher course that you can take just prior to the written/practical test. There is absolutely no way I would have passed it without the course because there was the way I knew how to do things and then there's the "Florida way". And the "Florida way" is what they test on. Anyway, it's a little bit of a pain having to fill out all the paperwork, but in the end you end up with your Florida FF cert after a few days of hard work. As far as the EMS test goes, it's just a written test only and can be taken anywhere in the country as the Florida Health Department has contracted with a national testing agency to administer the test. I took mine 30 minutes from my home in Indianapolis. I took the paramedic test which was 150 questions, multiple choice, and had immediate feedback at the end of the test on whether I passed or not. Anyway, hopefully this helps and good luck!

Forum Member

any news on the hiring of Tampa Fire

Forum Member

i got a letter for the physical test on march 3rd

Forum Member

when did you apply?

Forum Member

back in the fall i put in an app.

Forum Member

Default Pat

VESmedic, have you already done a Physical Abilities Test w/ Tampa? I'm from out of state and trying to get a better understanding of how the test is run. I got the information that says there's like 8 or so 'tasks' to be completed, but my question is are they done in succession with each other? Meaning, do you start at task #1, complete it, then go immediately to task #2, and so on? Thanks for any guidance.

Forum Member

Hey casper search it out for pat test in tampa ... i about spelled it all out word for word here somewhere.

here is a quick line about what is involved http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...09#post1068209
    Last edited by owenscott; 02-21-2010 at 03:21 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by casper3725 View Post
    VESmedic, have you already done a Physical Abilities Test w/ Tampa? I'm from out of state and trying to get a better understanding of how the test is run. I got the information that says there's like 8 or so 'tasks' to be completed, but my question is are they done in succession with each other? Meaning, do you start at task #1, complete it, then go immediately to task #2, and so on? Thanks for any guidance.
    They give you some time to get situated and when youre ready, theyll walk you to the first station, give a brief description, and its "ready? go." The stopwatch starts and runs until the event is done. Then its walk to the next one, and the whole things repeated 7 more times.

Each event is individually timed, and failing any will cause you to fail the test.
    To Persist is to Conquer.

Forum Member

Thanks OwenScott and SkylinePCG..... That helps alot and makes much more sense now. Are there benchmark times that you must meet in order to pass each station or do they just time everybody and take the best times?

Thanks again

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by casper3725 View Post
    Thanks OwenScott and SkylinePCG..... That helps alot and makes much more sense now. Are there benchmark times that you must meet in order to pass each station or do they just time everybody and take the best times?

Thanks again
    Dude, I'm not really sure what else we can tell you besides videotaping it for you. All the info is here. No disrespect but come on, it's not a hard test, just go off the information sent out. Skyline said it about as Layman as you can get it. Only true advice is remember how to put up a 24' ladder, and remember how to tie the halyard, in case it's been a while. Everything else is pretty self explanatory.

Forum Member

Each event has its own time limit. I remember them sending out a letter with a list of events and the time limits each had. Some amounted to active-recovery periods, while others were balls out.
    To Persist is to Conquer.

Forum Member

Thanks Syline... You've been a big help. After setting up and conducting PAT's in two different states, I've learned it's the preparation that usually separates those who pass and those who do not. Thanks again

Forum Member

Was wondering if there was any news. I know they had a phsyical on March 3 wondering how everyone did?

Forum Member

Good luck to everyone interviewing this week, keep us updated on your status

Forum Member

I took the PAT 1st week of march and passed but didnt hear anything since...lol guess i got passed up

Thread Information