Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default GOP Senator more concerned about unions...

than terrorists.

Sen Demint (R-Nutcase) continues to delay appointment of TSA chief over his concern that TSA employees will be allowed to join unions.

Link
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    than terrorists.

Sen Demint (R-Nutcase) continues to delay appointment of TSA chief over his concern that TSA employees will be allowed to join unions.

Link
    Well TSA shouldn't be unionized in my opinion. So your point is without merit. However if they want to unionize then let them. Their union won't do a hell of a lot for them beyond taking money from them, so let them throw away their money.

Love the hypocricy about you choosing to use Fox News to support your argument - but if a conservative person on these boards using a link to Fox you belittle, chastise, and insult us. So fun to watch you act in a blind fashion due to your ideology. So easy to predict you doing it as well.

I also love how you choose to insult a person (Senator DeMint) instead of just posting it. Quite pathetic for an intelligent man as yourself to devolve into a teenage girl.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

MembersZone Subscriber

than terrorists.

Link

That is not the primary reason his nomination is being held up.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...010604499.html

Accessing computerized criminal records for an unauthorized purpose in NJ is a felony. I would be surprised if it wasn't also a federal crime. And lying to Congress is a crime that some people are in jail for right now.

Despite the liberals attempt to make this a divisive union issue, this is simply a matter of a guy with questionable integrity being nominated to arguably one of the most highly classified positions in government. More bad judgment by the President. The smartest thing he could do is withdraw the nomination and find someone truly qualified to do the job.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    Well TSA shouldn't be unionized in my opinion. So your point is without merit. However if they want to unionize then let them. Their union won't do a hell of a lot for them beyond taking money from them, so let them throw away their money.
    I believe they should be allowed to unionize like any other work force. So my point does have merit.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    That is not the primary reason his nomination is being held up.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...010604499.html

Accessing computerized criminal records for an unauthorized purpose in NJ is a felony. I would be surprised if it wasn't also a federal crime. And lying to Congress is a crime that some people are in jail for right now.

Despite the liberals attempt to make this a divisive union issue, this is simply a matter of a guy with questionable integrity being nominated to arguably one of the most highly classified positions in government. More bad judgment by the President. The smartest thing he could do is withdraw the nomination and find someone truly qualified to do the job.
    None of which has anything to do with being able to protect the homeland.

I believe they should be allowed to unionize like any other work force. So my point does have merit.
    I never siad your point did not. I just think unions have just about outlived their usefullness.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

Perhaps. But it does go to show a record of abuse of power and priviledge. Didn't we have problems with that in the last Presidential administration?

MembersZone Subscriber

That;s not true. He cannot qualify for a high level security clearance with the record of his actions at the FBI. The TSA Chief would have access to highly sensitive documents. Seems to me it has everything to do with the job.

MembersZone Subscriber

Would preclude qualifing for a Secret clearance as a 2Lt in the US Army. Therefore certainly unfit for DHS position.

Unless he's a leftist wacko dem union agitator. Then he's perfect for the Obama admin.

That;s not true. He cannot qualify for a high level security clearance with the record of his actions at the FBI. The TSA Chief would have access to highly sensitive documents. Seems to me it has everything to do with the job.
    Apparently he went through whatever disciplinary process that occurred and kept his status.

Meaning he qualifies for all those clearances.

MembersZone Subscriber

Apparently he went through whatever disciplinary process that occurred and kept his status.

Meaning he qualifies for all those clearances.
    Not if he is suspected of lying to Congress.

Also, I am not certain that you are correct. If he was censured by the FBI for abusing confidential computer databases, I am fairly certain that he is not going to ever qualify for a clearance.

Not if he is suspected of lying to Congress.

Also, I am not certain that you are correct. If he was censured by the FBI for abusing confidential computer databases, I am fairly certain that he is not going to ever qualify for a clearance.
    You may be correct. However, DeMint initially expressed his concern over Southers desire to allow TSA employees to unionize. If what you say is true, all of it would come out during the confirmation hearings. Which haven't been allowed to take place because DeMint's objection.

MembersZone Subscriber

You may be correct. However, DeMint initially expressed his concern over Southers desire to allow TSA employees to unionize. If what you say is true, all of it would come out during the confirmation hearings. Which haven't been allowed to take place because DeMint's objection.
    Why waste the time? It would be a fruitless exercise that would waste time and money. I honestly don't blame them.

Also, as far as I know, he is not the only one holding it up.

Why waste the time? It would be a fruitless exercise that would waste time and money. I honestly don't blame them.

Also, as far as I know, he is not the only one holding it up.
    Because that is the process that is in place.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    I just think unions have just about outlived their usefullness.
    You've obviously never spent much time working for a municipal government if you believe this.

Since scfire doesn't really read or care about the complete picture, only the small bits that satisfy his agenda, I will post a slightly bigger picture for him to read without having click elsewhere.

Southers's nomination had been held up by Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) because of concerns he would support the unionization of TSA workers. On Wednesday, DeMint and six other Republican senators -- including John McCain (Ariz.), Charles E. Grassley (Iowa) and Tom Coburn (Okla.) -- demanded that the White House provide information about why Southers initially gave Congress an incorrect account about the searches two decades ago, incidents that led to his censure by the FBI.

"We believe that Mr. Southers submitted erroneous, and possibly misleading information regarding ethical violations during his service with the Federal Bureau of Investigation," the senators wrote in a letter to Nancy D. Hogan, special assistant to the president and director of presidential personnel.

Also on Wednesday, Coburn placed a hold on the nomination, pending the White House response to the senators' questions.

The letter and Coburn's hold follow a report in The Washington Post last week that detailed how Southers provided differing accounts to the Senate about incidents in 1987 and 1988 in which he inappropriately accessed a federal database, possibly in violation of privacy laws, in a search for records about his estranged wife's boyfriend.
    So, much to the dismay of scfire, the holdup is not simply some anti-union conspiracy. It is on hold BECAUSE THE WHITE HOUSE PUT IT ON HOLD pending multiple issues, the least of which is the union thing.

Coming up next, que scfire86 posting some meaningless insult in response to facts....
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    Since scfire doesn't really read or care about the complete picture, only the small bits that satisfy his agenda, I will post a slightly bigger picture for him to read without having click elsewhere.
    Not really. DeMint has expressed his concerns over Southers willingness to allow unionization. Clearly it is an issue he believes is worth holding up the appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    So, much to the dismay of scfire, the holdup is not simply some anti-union conspiracy. It is on hold BECAUSE THE WHITE HOUSE PUT IT ON HOLD pending multiple issues, the least of which is the union thing.

Coming up next, que scfire86 posting some meaningless insult in response to facts....
    As I pointed out to George. All of that would be revealed during the confirmation process where the appointee will be allowed to address those concerns. Something that is not being allowed because of these GOP senators.

Obviously they're more concerned with allegations of an Obama appointee than terrorists.

And in your reply, you completely ignore the fact that the white house has put the appointment on hold pending the investigation of other issues completely unrelated to the unionization thing. As usual, you continue to ignore everything but the parts that sound good to your agenda.

It doesn't really matter whether you think they should look into it now or later. The WHITE HOUSE decided to look into it now. And that is why it is on hold. Not because of a unionization debate. But you don't care about that because it doesn't help your agenda.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Banned

Not really. DeMint has expressed his concerns over Southers willingness to allow unionization. Clearly it is an issue he believes is worth holding up the appointment.
    So the man has a laundry list of concerns and you pick one. Intelligent to say the least

As I pointed out to George. All of that would be revealed during the confirmation process where the appointee will be allowed to address those concerns. Something that is not being allowed because of these GOP senators.

Obviously they're more concerned with allegations of an Obama appointee than terrorists.
    And obviously, Obama is concerned as well. He put it on hold. And by the way, he has been through hearings and apparently lied then, so given a second chance he won't lie again.

MembersZone Subscriber

And as I pointed out, if the nominee will be unable to obtain the security clearance needed to performt he fundamental aspects of the job, why waste everyone's time? The security clearance issue and the confirmation process have nothing to do with one another.

Thread Information