Forum Member

Exclamation Manatee County application open soon.

http://www.manateefire.org/

Quote:
    The application period for Firefighter EMT will open on January 19, 2010 at 09:00 hours

The Fire Districts in Manatee County Florida are jointly developing hiring lists and are sponsoring a single written examination and agility test. Applicants will only need to complete one application. The application then must be turned in at the time of testing.

If you know anyone who is interested in going through the 2010 Manatee County Hiring Process, here is the info to study and how to obtain a “practice” test.

The website www.ManateeFire.org will go “live” on Jan. 19th and will only allow 100 potential participants to apply before it is deactivated.

The actual testing will be done on Saturday Feb 13th at MTI East.
    ...at this time.

Forum Member

Do you have to be certified in the state of Fla. to be eligible for the test?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Firedogg81 View Post
    Do you have to be certified in the state of Fla. to be eligible for the test?
    Yes.......

MembersZone Subscriber

Does anyone know if any of these departments are ALS and/or are planning to hire firemedics as well?

Forum Member

Just wondering their practice test for EMT says Brady 10th edition is that a typo?, I thought the current one was Brady 9th edition. Just wondering if there is a major difference between the two.

Forum Member

yeah it's now CBA instead of ABC.
    I thought they were on the 11th edition now. I don't think anything has changed beyond marketing tactics.

Forum Member

I'm looking at an 11th edition on my desk now and it already a year old. Hope this is truly a county wide test ... unlike Longwood that tried to have us pay 100 buck for a county wide test that the county and at least 2 other dept weren't even gonna use.

MembersZone Subscriber

Are these departments ALS and/or hiring medics?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by VESmedic View Post
    Does anyone know if any of these departments are ALS and/or are planning to hire firemedics as well?
    Sorry guys. Mail from this site was in my spam box.

A little FYI for those unfamiliar with Manatee County. There are several departments (listed on the website) in the county defined as Fire Districts. There are a couple that I would work for and several that are just disasterous. None are ALS. There is no money for them to be ALS. There is a Chief and admin staff at each district that creates several small tax wasting bureaucracies. The departments are small and the only openings would be created by retirement or firing. Read some of the newspapers from the area.

I took this test several years ago when I was looking for a job. I have posted about it a few times. I took a day off work and drove down early in the morning and made the list. I later discovered after meeting some guys from one of the departments that it was a total waste of time. Each department has part timers and or volunteers that they hire from. Maybe the top couple guys from the list got hired and they were at the top because of a heavily weighted veteran preference. It didn't cost anything but a day of pay and gas. Beware the test for Bradenton also. They test 4 times a year whether there are openings or not.
    ...at this time.

Forum Member

Anyone getting anywhere with their webpage yet? I got a new screen for a few minutes that said "Firefighter EMT Applications Wanted" and now it's back to the one that's been up for a month.

Forum Member

Default Application

Their website, http://www.manateefire.org/, was supposed to go live at 9:00 AM to accept the first 100 registrations. Site crashed by 9:04 AM. I called the tech support number and they said they have no idea when it will be back up.

Forum Member

I called. They said they are having problems. I've been waiting since 6am. They said just to be patient.

Same thing happened to me. I got on at 8:59 and thought I was too late. Did anybody have luck?

Forum Member

LOL This was a great idea. They had no idea what to expect.
    ...at this time.

Forum Member

I can only imagine what their webhost thought when 3000 FF-EMTs tried to log in at 9am this morning. :P

I have applied 50 times without getting through. Has anybody got through yet?

Forum Member

Website finally came to life. I got mine and a friend's app in. Good luck to everyone.

Forum Member

I know i checked their site last night for the hell of it (20th) and it was already closed.

Good luck to those of you that got in! Maybe ill see ya on a Mutual aid brush fire...?!
    "You haven't lived until you've found something worth dying for."

Forum Member

Tomorrows the day see yall there... With the few bad posts about this county ope its turned around since they tried working for them...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Naked View Post
    Tomorrows the day see yall there... With the few bad posts about this county ope its turned around since they tried working for them...
    Wow. There's a post back from the dead. Good luck. It was a hard test years ago.
    ...at this time.

Forum Member

Good luck to all who are testing!

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by utilitycow View Post
    Sorry guys. Mail from this site was in my spam box.

A little FYI for those unfamiliar with Manatee County. There are several departments (listed on the website) in the county defined as Fire Districts. There are a couple that I would work for and several that are just disasterous. None are ALS. There is no money for them to be ALS. There is a Chief and admin staff at each district that creates several small tax wasting bureaucracies. The departments are small and the only openings would be created by retirement or firing. Read some of the newspapers from the area.

I took this test several years ago when I was looking for a job. I have posted about it a few times. I took a day off work and drove down early in the morning and made the list. I later discovered after meeting some guys from one of the departments that it was a total waste of time. Each department has part timers and or volunteers that they hire from. Maybe the top couple guys from the list got hired and they were at the top because of a heavily weighted veteran preference. It didn't cost anything but a day of pay and gas. Beware the test for Bradenton also. They test 4 times a year whether there are openings or not.
    Correction, there are two departments in Manatee County that provide ALS services: Longboat Key (Rescue 91, Rescue 92, and Engine 91) and Myakka City (Engine 1211).
    PROUD FHP Grandson

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Stafford View Post
    Correction, there are two departments in Manatee County that provide ALS services: Longboat Key (Rescue 91, Rescue 92, and Engine 91) and Myakka City (Engine 1211).
    The firefighter paramedic on the Myakka City engine is actually employed by Manatee County EMS. It is not a fire department position, however they perform full firemedic functions.

Longboat is ALS and has two transport rescues and their own medical director. I would first find out if they pay for certification or if only the "lead" paramedic is paid.
    ...at this time.

Thread Information