Forum Member

Default Giuliani claims no domestic terrorist attacks during the Bush Administration.

Link

Apparently he forgot about 9/11. The deadliest domestic terrorist attack in US history. Especially odd given the role he played that day. Worse yet, the moron Stephanopoulos doesn't correct him.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Link

Apparently he forgot about 9/11. The deadliest domestic terrorist attack in US history. Especially odd given the role he played that day. Worse yet, the moron Stephanopoulos doesn't correct him.
    How do you figure that an attack orchestrated by al Queda is domestic terrorism? It is international terrorism. I think you may have misunderstood his terminology. I am pretty sure he has not forgotten about 9/11.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Forum Member

The attacks on 9/11 were acts of international terrorism. Making incorrect claims in order to make someone else look stupid only makes you look even stupider. Congratulations.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    Making incorrect claims in order to make someone else look stupid only makes you look even stupider. Congratulations.
    LOL.....stupider??

Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    How do you figure that an attack orchestrated by al Queda is domestic terrorism? It is international terrorism. I think you may have misunderstood his terminology. I am pretty sure he has not forgotten about 9/11.
    Mea Culpa on the grammar. I meant to write the deadliest terrorist attack on domestic US soil.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dickey View Post
    LOL.....stupider??

Even funnier. Since this proves that nmspark didn't watch the video.

Giuliani states:

We had no domestic attacks under Bush.
    If one believes he meant there were no attacks by domestic terrorists then Giuliani has forgotten about the anthrax attacks (amongst others) that occurred during the same time frame.

Either way, it shows his (and many of his kind) of their desire to ignore reality.

Banned

Perhaps he was talking about the time since the war on terror started. Regardless of the one little snippet, the rest of the interview makes total sense.

And do you really think the Mayor of NYC forgot about 9-11-2001?

This is right up there with impeach Obama.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dickey View Post
    LOL.....stupider??
    I'm not sure what you find so funny about this? I hate to burst your bubble but it is in fact a word. Nice try.
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Stupider
    http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/stupider

Mea Culpa on the grammar. I meant to write the deadliest terrorist attack on domestic US soil.
    That isn't a grammatical error. That is a complete rewording of your entire statement that totally changes the entire meaning of it. And yes, that makes you stupider.

You're right. I didn't watch the video and I still haven't watched it yet. I responded to your statement. Your statement was wrong and my response to your statement is correct.

Next.

Forum Member

I think terrorism is terrorism. There are many different areas of terrorism. What about eco-terrosim? That is mostly domestic. Besides for offical "domestic" (meaning committed by Americans on American soil) then no "officially" there has not been, because we live in a country where it is innocent until proven guilty. I do not recall any American being prosecuted for the Anthrax attacks. Suspected/blamed yes but not prosecuted At least I will say that no attacks were successful. I would almost guarntee there were attempts that were stopped before being implemented. But I ask the question, is it terrosism if the act was stopped before the implementation. My opinion is yes it is. What about the V Tech shooting in 2007? Was that domestic terrorism?

Forum Member

You're right. I didn't watch the video and I still haven't watched it yet. I responded to your statement. Your statement was wrong and my response to your statement is correct.

Next.
    There you have it. You just made sure all of us know you wrote about something in complete ignorance.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Perhaps he was talking about the time since the war on terror started. Regardless of the one little snippet, the rest of the interview makes total sense.
    Regardless of what he meant, it isn't what he said. Even if one believes that is what he meant it is still an incorrect statement. Anthrax attacks and the shoe bomber both occurred after 9/11.

And do you really think the Mayor of NYC forgot about 9-11-2001?
    Why don't you ask him? I can only go on what he said.

This is right up there with impeach Obama.
    Other than idiots from Hooterville (like you), who is calling for that?
    Last edited by scfire86; 01-08-2010 at 08:25 PM.

Forum Member

There you have it. You just made sure all of us know you wrote about something in complete ignorance.
    I'm sure that makes sense somewhere in your little mind. Though I think anyone else would read your response as completely dodging everything I pointed out, and resorting once again to insults in order to cloud the issue.

Next.

Forum Member

I'm sure that makes sense somewhere in your little mind. Though I think anyone else would read your response as completely dodging everything I pointed out, and resorting once again to insults in order to cloud the issue.

Next.
    Not really. You're the one who admitted you commented on the video without watching it.

Forum Member

Not really. You're the one who admitted you commented on the video without watching it.
    Actually I did no such thing. Once again, your making things up that fit your agenda despite fact. Allow me to refresh your memory about what I said, since you didn't read it.

Next.

Forum Member

Actually I did no such thing. Once again, your making things up that fit your agenda despite fact. Allow me to refresh your memory about what I said, since you didn't read it.

Next.
    You quote that you didn't watch the video.

Regardless. Giuliani is incorrect in his assertion that no terrorist attacks took place on US soil during the Bush Administration.

Forum Member

You quote that you didn't watch the video.
    Yea, and that isn't what you said. You can't reword your incompetent statements in mid debate and then pretend you never said it. What you said was:

Once again, what I said was:
    I have not watched the video therefore I have not made comment on the video, nor have I claimed to have done either. I'm not sure what you're trying to prove but it isn't working.

Next.

Banned

[QUOTE=scfire86;1132366]Regardless of what he meant, it isn't what he said. Even if one believes that is what he meant it is still an incorrect statement. Anthrax attacks and the shoe bomber both occurred after 9/11.[quote]

And you have never misspoke?

Why don't you ask him? I can only go on what he said.

Other than idiots from Hooterville (like you), who is calling for that?
    Not doing your work for you. Go find out yourself.

Forum Member

And you have never misspoke?
    Have I ever asked people to elect me President? Bush had more terrorist attacks and more Americans killed both domestically and abroad than Clinton. So Giuliani loses on all counts.

Not doing your work for you. Go find out yourself.
    My question answered itself. Only idiots from Hooterville (such as yourself) are demanding Obama be impeached.
    Last edited by scfire86; 01-09-2010 at 12:34 PM.

Forum Member

I have not watched the video therefore I have not made comment on the video, nor have I claimed to have done either. I'm not sure what you're trying to prove but it isn't working.

Next.
    I started this thread based upon the comments of Giuliani in the video link I posted. You continue to make remarks in complete ignorance. Best part is that you admit to it.

Banned

Have I ever asked people to elect me President?
    Good thing, that would be painful for you.

Bush had more terrorist attacks and more Americans killed both domestically and abroad than Clinton. So Giuliani loses on all counts.
    Bush had one. Clinton had many attacks. Under Bush there was the attacks of 9/11. Clinton had the first WTC, Oklohoma City, The Olympic Park, and the USS Cole.

My question answered itself. Only idiots from Hooterville (such as yourself) are demanding Obama be impeached.
    Apparently you aren't familiar with satire.

Forum Member

Good thing, that would be painful for you.
    Then Rudy and I would have something in common.

Bush had one. Clinton had many attacks. Under Bush there was the attacks of 9/11. Clinton had the first WTC, Oklohoma City, The Olympic Park, and the USS Cole.
    Clearly you need a refresher course on recent history.

June 14, 2002 Karachi, Pakistan: bomb explodes outside American consulate in Karachi, Pakistan, killing 12. Linked to al-Qaeda.

July 4, 2002 Los Angeles, CA Egyptian immigrant opens fire at El Al's LAX terminal killing two people.

May 12, 2003 Riyadh, Saudi Arabia: suicide bombers kill 34, including 8 Americans, at housing compounds for Westerners. Al-Qaeda suspected.

May 29–31, 2003 Riyadh, Saudi Arabia: terrorists attack the offices of a Saudi oil company in Khobar, Saudi Arabia, take foreign oil workers hostage in a nearby residential compound, leaving 22 people dead including one American.

June 11–19, 2003 Riyadh, Saudi Arabia: terrorists kidnap and execute Paul Johnson Jr., an American, in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. 2 other Americans and BBC cameraman killed by gun attacks.

Dec. 6, 2003 Jeddah, Saudi Arabia: terrorists storm the U.S. consulate, killing 5 consulate employees. 4 terrorists were killed by Saudi security.

Nov. 9, 2003 Amman, Jordan: suicide bombers hit 3 American hotels, Radisson, Grand Hyatt, and Days Inn, in Amman, Jordan, killing 57. Al-Qaeda claimed responsibility.

Sept. 13, 2006 Damascus, Syria: an attack by four gunman on the American embassy is foiled.

Jan. 12, 2007 Athens, Greece: the U.S. embassy is fired on by an anti-tank missile causing damage but no injuries.

Dec. 11, 2007 Algeria: more than 60 people are killed, including 11 United Nations staff members, when Al Qaeda terrorists detonate two car bombs near Algeria's Constitutional Council and the United Nations offices.

Sept. 16, 2008 Yemen: a car bomb and a rocket strike the U.S. embassy in Yemen as staff arrived to work, killing 16 people, including 4 civilians. At least 25 suspected al-Qaeda militants are arrested for the attack.

Nov. 26, 2008 India: in a series of attacks on several of Mumbai's landmarks and commercial hubs that are popular with Americans and other foreign tourists, including at least two five-star hotels, a hospital, a train station, and a cinema. About 300 people are wounded and nearly 190 people die, including at least 5 Americans.

I didn't include Richard Reid (shoe bomber), the anthrax attacks, or the Beltway Snipers (who were tried and convicted using terrorist charges).

And of course there is the deadliest terrorist act on US soil executed on September 11, 2001. All during the Bush Administration.

Apparently you aren't familiar with satire.
    No, but thanks to you, I'm familiar with idiots.
    Last edited by scfire86; 01-09-2010 at 03:37 PM.

Forum Member

I started this thread based upon the comments of Giuliani in the video link I posted. You continue to make remarks in complete ignorance. Best part is that you admit to it.
    I admitted to not watching the video. I also haven't said anything about the video which I haven't watched. I'm talking about you and your BS lies. You putting words in my mouth, lying, and pretending only means something in your little mind. Nobody else would interpret it that way or lie to make it sound bad.

Forum Member

I admitted to not watching the video.
    Just stop right there. Nothing else required.

Thanks.

None of which changes the error in hizzoner's remarks.
    Last edited by scfire86; 01-09-2010 at 08:28 PM.

Back In Black

Giuliani was referring to islamic attacks on american soil.

He wasn't referring to the airliner/xmas attack, he was referring to Ft. Hood.

I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    Giuliani was referring to islamic attacks on american soil.

He wasn't referring to the airliner/xmas attack, he was referring to Ft. Hood.

Looking at the incidents I detailed, he's still wrong.

Thread Information