MembersZone Subscriber

Default National Registry Paramedic

Hello all,

Does anyone have any study material for the National Registry Paramedic exam? I'm taking it at the end of the month but I don't have much material for it. Anything anyone could send to me would be great!

Thank,

Ben

Forum Member

Parameducators.com
    FF/Paramedic

Forum Member

I am using this set for my EMT-B right now. I like it so far been really helpful. They also have one set up for the paramedic plan on using it again when I go for that.

http://www.prenhall.com/emtachieve/

Forum Member

It's been a while since I took the Registry Boards for my R.P. card, but what I used as perp before the exam was the review books by Mosby's.
    available here
    I don't know how well this text perpares one for the new computerized exam, as mine was written. But it did help job my memory of some of the finer points we covered in the beggining of class. I hope this helps. But if you're testing at the end of the month, get crack'n brother.
    ~ Doc

- Happy Public Servant working in the Public Safety Field since 1998

“Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst of Evils.” ~ General John Stark

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for the info guys. I've been studying everyday and I also just finished school. I'm just nervous. Wish me luck!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Bcb871810 View Post
    Thanks for the info guys. I've been studying everyday and I also just finished school. I'm just nervous. Wish me luck!
    Relax and don't study too much. If you're not careful, you'll screw yourself. Avoid cramming at all costs. When you cram, you may fill your short-term memory, but that information is displacing things in your long-term memory.

Here's the advice I give students I know that are taking the test in about the same time-frame you are. About 4 weeks out is the point you need to be focusing on those areas you're having problems in and getting secure in them. Take practice tests or whatever you want to measure your knowledge and review, but don't cram information in a hurry.

About two weeks out it's time to just review. Take sample tests and check your answers. The whole time make sure you understand why you missed a question and why the right answer is right.

48 hours from the test relax and put everything away. If you don't know it by now, you're not going to do anything but hurt yourself trying to learn it. A few questions here and there are one thing, but sitting with a book in front of you for hours on end is a no-no.

Last, RELAX!!!! If you go in there nervous as a cat with his tail under a rocking chair you're hose. NR makes the test challenging for a reason. Above average students read too much into questions, below average too little, and average have a mix. It's not meant to be easy. Go in confident and do your best.

Remember, you have three shots at it. After that you take a refresher and another three shots. I know one guy that's as good a medic as most that took the test 12 times before he passed. That's taking paramedic class twice and two refreshers in between. Go in with the attitude you're going to pass, but if you don't, don't get down on yourself.

Use a failure to identify where you need to study more and study that area until you're confident. Use it to your advantage rather than getting down on yourself. There are a LOT of medics that had to retest.

Thread Information