Forum Member

Exclamation Newton Dumps - schematic

Looking for a schematic for an Electric Newton 10 dump. Specifically how the internal position switch that triggers the door open / closed woks and is it adjustable. Mounting location makes it hard to access and would like to have an idea as to what we are looking at prior to getting into it.
    Thanks
    SBLGFD

checht@newwis.com

MembersZone Subscriber

A.H. Stock makes the Newton dump valves. A call to them would answer your questons. Their web site will have the schematic you need.

A.H. Stock Manufacturing Corp.
    8402 Center Road
    Newton, WI 53063
    Phone: 920.726.4211
    http://www.ahstockmfg.com/newton.asp
    Last edited by rm1524; 01-09-2010 at 04:49 PM.

Forum Member

rm1524, ever installed one? We are purchasing an engine without a dump and we are going to try and install one. Just wondering how hard it is to do.

Forum Member

If you buy one,it comes with templates and complete instructions. Short answer: Not very hard, T.C.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by farmerfire1156 View Post
    We are purchasing an engine without a dump and we are going to try and install one. Just wondering how hard it is to do.
    What is the tank material of the unit you are purchasing? I would suggest that if you have a poly or fiberglass tank in that unit that you have someone from the tank manufacturer do the install of the cutout and mounts for the tank. A steel, stainless, or aluminum tank I think most local shops could handle it in those materials.
    Fyrtrks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrtrks View Post
    What is the tank material of the unit you are purchasing? I would suggest that if you have a poly or fiberglass tank in that unit that you have someone from the tank manufacturer do the install of the cutout and mounts for the tank. A steel, stainless, or aluminum tank I think most local shops could handle it in those materials.
    Aluminum body over poly tank. I looked at the website and did not find a price. Know of the average price of a manual?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by farmerfire1156 View Post
    rm1524, ever installed one? We are purchasing an engine without a dump and we are going to try and install one. Just wondering how hard it is to do.
    I have installed one years ago, it was on a steel tank. They send you a template, hardware and all the instructions. Its not that hard to do. As with anything, just take your time. I can't remember if the bolts was on a strap or if we put them on straps prior to install. If they don't come on a strap, put them on one because it will make it alot easier.

I'm sure if you contact them they can give you all the information you need. I don't know if they would be anything extra you would have to do because it is a poly tank.

Forum Member

I'm gonna call on Monday, check on prices. The truck is at a good price and we are thinking we can do it on our own. Here its better if all engines have the rear dump and serve as pumper/tankers.

Forum Member

Talking

A 10" manual dump is not a lot of money to purchase. We replaced one on our tanker a few years ago, don't remember the exact price.
    Before you get set to cut into the poly tank check with the tank manufacturer to make sure they don't require a reinforcement plate on the rear tank wall. Most Poly tanks come with a lifetime warrantee and you don't want to mess that up by not following their recommendations.
    The newtons have a bolt plate with the studs mounted on them that gets a gasket and then the unit is fastened on with locking nuts and washers.

Forum Member

Good idea on the reinforcement plate. Someone had mentioned that to me a year or so ago and I forgot.

Forum Member

Either way,with a 10" hole the reinforcements are easy to install. T.C.

Thread Information