MembersZone Subscriber

Talking Looking for Al Gore-illa

Global warming at -13 deg. F. this morning. No squirrels in the feeder and even the dog did her business in 30 seconds flat. Where the H E dbl. hockey sticks is Al. His hot air could solve this problem.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KuhShise View Post
    Global warming at -13 deg. F. this morning. No squirrels in the feeder and even the dog did her business in 30 seconds flat. Where the H E dbl. hockey sticks is Al. His hot air could solve this problem.
    He is too busy making a new documentary on Global Cooling and the effects on the giraffes in Africa. Oh no, when the ice freezes from Antartica to Africa the Polar Bears will eat the giraffes. We have to start planning now and prevent this from happening. More CO2 into the atmosphere quick.

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Yeah............

At least you got the dog to go out..... The resident Kitty here looked up and said "NO" and that was that.

Al Gore has proven himself wrong on so much that his credibility has sunk even lower than my Thermometer.........
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by farmerfire1156 View Post
    He is too busy making a new documentary on Global Cooling and the effects on the giraffes in Africa. Oh no, when the ice freezes from Antartica to Africa the Polar Bears will eat the giraffes . We have to start planning now and prevent this from happening. More CO2 into the atmosphere quick.
    lol...............

Banned

-15 slightly North of there. Froze the darn nuts off the bridge. I laugh about all the concern in the south about freezing crops. Back in the 70s and 80s they did this all the time. I recall seeing orange trees covered in ice from the sprinklers trying to keep them from freezing. That colder Earth isn't such a good idea after all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    At least you got the dog to go out..... The resident Kitty here looked up and said "NO" and that was that.

Al Gore has proven himself wrong on so much that his credibility has sunk even lower than my Thermometer.........
    Wouldn't he have first had to have had some credibility????

Forum Member

Global warming at work!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

Has been below 20 degrees here every night for the past 4.

Lots of broken water lines.

Folks here just don't know how to deal with it. I'd really love just a couple of weeks of global warming please.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Has been below 20 degrees here every night for the past 4.

Lots of broken water lines.

Folks here just don't know how to deal with it. I'd really love just a couple of weeks of global warming please.
    They didn't bury the water lines 18 inches down to keep them below the frost line???

A couple of days ago it was Warmer in Albany, NY than it was in Albany, GA.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    They didn't bury the water lines 18 inches down to keep them below the frost line??? .
    You know people do have water pipes running around their homes too. They aren't just underground. In some buildings, they have things called sinks, toilets, and showers. Some also have these things called sprinklers, which are used to put out this thing called fire.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    You know people do have water pipes running around their homes too. They aren't just underground. In some buildings, they have things called sinks, toilets, and showers. Some also have these things called sprinklers, which are used to put out this thing called fire.
    WAIT!!! They don't have heat in their homes?????

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Bury depth

ScareCrow: Here in the Great Buffalo Swamp of the Seneca (they didn't live here they just named it and decided to stay away) we bury the water lines at 42 inches. Still there have been times in my lifetime when it was necessary to call the welder with electric welder on his truck. You run one cable to the water line in your house and the other one to the neighbors and start putting the juice to the pipes. After about an hour or so the water starts to flow again. Then you need to leave a pencil point stream flow until it gets above zero for a week.

Forum Member

WAIT!!! They don't have heat in their homes?????
    Yea, some people don't. And someone people have basements without heat. For the same reasons we get burst pipes in the north, people get them in the south and far more easily.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KuhShise View Post
    ScareCrow: Here in the Great Buffalo Swamp of the Seneca (they didn't live here they just named it and decided to stay away) we bury the water lines at 42 inches. Still there have been times in my lifetime when it was necessary to call the welder with electric welder on his truck. You run one cable to the water line in your house and the other one to the neighbors and start putting the juice to the pipes. After about an hour or so the water starts to flow again. Then you need to leave a pencil point stream flow until it gets above zero for a week.
    Been there done that as well. I had a water pipe that ran up an outside wall. Seems there was a small pinhole between the stone wall foundation and the bottom of the house. Cold air blew in right on the pipe and froze it.

Banned

Yea, some people don't. And someone people have basements without heat. For the same reasons we get burst pipes in the north, people get them in the south and far more easily.
    OK, time to stop, those are sarcastic remarks. Obviously those folks have gotten used to living in a warmer world, know that Global Warming has reversed they find themselves ill-prepared to deal with a cooling planet.

Forum Member

Scarecrow..

Most homes in these necks of the woods are da mobile type, meaning that most water piping in run under the trailer and exposed.

Even in those that are site built, and exterior water line or a water line buried just 3" or 4" below ground is not uncommon. I don't know of a home in this area that has a basement.

In normal winters, the skirting is generally sufficient enough to protect the pipes, and what feezing temps we have is usually limited to one night a couple of times during the winter.

Things down here are simply not built for temps below 30 degrees.

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Yep...........

La, some folks don't understand that to bury pipes below the Frost Line, You must first HAVE a Frost Line............
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Banned

La, some folks don't understand that to bury pipes below the Frost Line, You must first HAVE a Frost Line............
    Yes, the Frost line is down around Florida somewhere right now......

Forum Member

Yes, the Frost line is down around Florida somewhere right now......
    I'm not sure you understand what a frost line is.

Forum Member

Yup,that's why 95% of them around here are DRY systems,hehe T.C.

Forum Member

Oh,WE HAVE a frost line. And supply lines(mains/pump lines from wells) are set at a MINIMUM of 6' around here. T.C.

Forum Member

Ain't that the truth.

There have been several significant water main breaks in the area last 4 days due to the cold, primarily in the cities. We have been on several water calls.

Luckily a major main hasn't broken yet, but that is a concern.

By Tuesday, the situation is expected to ease.

Banned

I'm not sure you understand what a frost line is.
    Living in the great NorthEast I know exactly what a frost line is. In this area they say it is 18 inches, so I go three feet.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    Oh,WE HAVE a frost line. And supply lines(mains/pump lines from wells) are set at a MINIMUM of 6' around here. T.C.
    Biggest thing to worry about frost lines is that they are a lot deeper if they cross a well traveled road or walkway.

Forum Member

If a water-line did rupture... then it might be that the line wasn't buried below the so called "frost line" for that particular day or event.

I just want to know how come Al didn't predict this artic-weather event?

Could it be that the temperature rise was only a fever and it finally broke?

I find it amazing that there are so many experts on Mother Nature. I can't even figure out what my wife thinks, let alone some other female.
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Thread Information