Thread: Coat to Spain

Forum Member

Default Coat??

Let me introduce myself my name is Julio Saez from Spain (Europe) I am a great admirer of the firefighters (especially NY) and they would have some questions

I would like to acquire a coat of NY firefighters could tell me who manufactures them? the manufacturer has a web site?

I can buy one second hand?

It would be an honor to wear one of these coats

carefully

Julio Saez

Sample:

(PD. Sorry my English is really poor)
    Last edited by Harpune; 01-11-2010 at 03:38 AM.

Forum Member

How do we know that you are not a terrorist?
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Julio:

You have to be advised that fire departments do not generally give their stuff away, especially to the public. I agree that it would be great to own a turnout coat that was worn by New York's finest, it is not very likely unless you were to become one of New York's finest. I'm not trying to be mean, but in today's world, we get constant reminders of people impersonating firefighters and policeman only wanting to cause harm or posing as something they are not. Likewise, the manufacturers most likely will not sell one to you.

But if you are lucky enough to get one, I wouldn't tell anyone about it or show it off. Someone might want to take it from you.
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpune View Post
    Let me introduce myself my name is Julio Saez from Spain (Europe) I am a great admirer of the firefighters (especially NY) and they would have some questions

I would like to acquire a coat of NY firefighters could tell me who manufactures them? the manufacturer has a web site?

I can buy one second hand?

It would be an honor to wear one of these coats

carefully

Julio Saez

Sample:

(PD. Sorry my English is really poor)

In no way my friend that you will ever have one unless you get hired by that department and that is so remote it will never happen.

Forum Member

I'll take a stab at being the first one to provide a constructive response.

Yes, it is hard to find an actual FDNY issued bunker coat. However, if you check eBay, there are occasionally some coats from retired members, buffs, things of that nature.

If you can not find a NYC coat specifically, the manufacturer of those coats is a company called Morning Pride. If you have the desire, and the money, you could go through one of their distributors and buy a coat with the exact specifications.

Also, there are a few websites that sell FDNY specification bunker gear. One such site is this:

http://www.readingfireequipment.com/...products_id=16

While it is not FDNY issue, it is possible for it to look exactly the same.

And in regards to PaladinKnight's comment that "the manufacturers most likely will not sell one to you." that's not true at all. I have made multiple purchases of bunker gear for my own personal use...and never once have I had to provide any identification that I was indeed a firefighter. Provide them with the specs, they give you a price, and you buy it. No laws regarding it, either. Anyone can buy bunker gear, it's the use of the bunker gear that makes it legal or not. And simply owning it is not a crime.

Hope this helps.

Forum Member

And in regards to PaladinKnight's comment that "the manufacturers most likely will not sell one to you." that's not true at all.
    It is not my intention to mislead. Since I do not know who is inquiring, I prefer to use caution.

Homeland Security advises Agencies to not make equipment available to the general public. You correctly point out that the improper use of equipment is a crime.
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinKnight View Post
    It is not my intention to mislead. Since I do not know who is inquiring, I prefer to use caution.

Homeland Security advises Agencies to not make equipment available to the general public. You correctly point out that the improper use of equipment is a crime.
    My apologies if I made it sound like I am advocating FDs giving their gear out. I am not, in the slightest. All I was trying to say was that if he's bound and determined to buy a set of gear, Morning Pride wouldn't have any qualms about selling it to him.

MembersZone Subscriber

Just found a new Morning Pride turnout coat "built to FDNY specs" for $1,370. Came out on a Google search.

Wasn't there an FDNY coat on eBay recently that was outside the NFPA age limit and sold for some ridiculous price ($10,000?).

Thread Information