Thread: Award Date

  1. #1
    Forum Member
    RES81CUE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NW ARKANSAS
    Posts
    342

    Default Award Date

    Are we gonna see any awards this Friday?

  2. #2
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,750

    Default

    It would be nice to see since the AFG has 10 q's returned from departments, but I would suspect that next week probably the earliest. They still need to review the answers, prepare award documents and the fact it has been a slow start from the beginning; I just don't see it happening any quicker.

    We'll know shortly as the Congressman are notified on Wednesday and some folks will be posting phone calls.
    Last edited by onebugle; 01-11-2010 at 05:13 PM.

  3. #3
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long time no Sea
    Posts
    2,253

    Wink slip

    Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    It would be nice to see since the AFG has 10 q's returned from departments, but I would suspect that next week probably the earliest. They still need to review the answers, prepare award documents and the fact it has been a slow start from the beginning; I just don't see it happening any quicker.

    We'll know shortly as the Congressman are notified on Wednesday and some folks will be posting phone calls.
    OK Andy, There you go again. Letting info slip though once more. So Congressmen are being notified this Wednesday are they? Where was that posted at? I suspect you know more. Give over dude. Lay it on us.

  4. #4
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    OK Andy, There you go again. Letting info slip though once more. So Congressmen are being notified this Wednesday are they? Where was that posted at? I suspect you know more. Give over dude. Lay it on us.
    What I should have said that Congressmen are notified on Wednesdays, not necessarily meaning this Wednesday.

  5. #5
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long time no Sea
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    Yeah, that's good spin there. Where you been practicin'? LOL

  6. #6
    Forum Member
    PaladinKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,413

    Default

    Our Congressman (from my earlier dept) usually calls as soon as he gets the info. I visited with him a while back and he was stunned that the grants had not began to be allocated. To say he was a bit upset is an understatement. I can only conclude they don't usually think about it until they get the info. But in this case, he called me to find out what I knew, which was nada.
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

  7. #7
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long time no Sea
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinKnight View Post
    Our Congressman (from my earlier dept) usually calls as soon as he gets the info. I visited with him a while back and he was stunned that the grants had not began to be allocated. To say he was a bit upset is an understatement. I can only conclude they don't usually think about it until they get the info. But in this case, he called me to find out what I knew, which was nada.
    Does he make you put up campaign signs too? Mine does.

  8. #8
    Forum Member
    SLY4420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,974

    Default

    Awards are set to start on 1/22. Congressional officials would get notifications on 1/20.

  9. #9
    Forum Member
    RES81CUE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NW ARKANSAS
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Are we still thinking 1/22 (this Friday)?

  10. #10
    Forum Member
    SLY4420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,974

    Default

    That's the plan.

  11. #11
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long time no Sea
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    Now, before the awards begin, would the 1199's have to have been confirmed and approved before notice of awards were sent out. (I have already sent in the 10 Q's)

    I'm asking because I faxed my updated 1199 to that 202 area code. I'm trying to be a little cautious about (re)-faxing again to that other fax number, but if that will get my applications awarded faster, then I guess I'll go ahead.

    The longer this process takes the greater the chances of pricing increases and the quotes collected for this application are closing in on a year old now and we are being asked to accept reductions. Maybe next years guidelines should reflect the opportunity to secure bids before the actual notifications.

  12. #12
    Forum Member
    SLY4420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,974

    Default

    1199A's don't necessarily have to be accepted prior to award, just prior to payment requests.

  13. #13
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    247

    Default

    SLY, do you think any of your PA companies without the 10Qs will be in Round 1?

    P.S. where do you get all your inside info? Did you use to work for them or something? Just curious.

  14. #14
    Forum Member
    SLY4420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,974

    Default

    The questions generally need to be answered (to confirm acceptance of award) prior to award announcement.

    There were a few over the years that somehow slipped out only because of a human error. 99.9% all need the questions back and favorably reviewed to be announced.

    There's not much inside info -- just fortunate enough to have been around the block a few times with this process.

  15. #15
    Forum Member
    RES81CUE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NW ARKANSAS
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Its a little quiet in the forums today.... Did everyone over indulge last night?

  16. #16
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,081

    Default Will today be the day?

    If past history proves accurate today would be the day that the Congressional mail pipeline starts getting flooded with 09 AFG award announcements for this Friday. Who will be the first to report a call? Inquiring minds want to know?
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

    "Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  17. #17
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    790

    Default

    I will,..... Oh wait, you were meaning who would get a call concerning the AFG grants. Well I did get a call this morning from my Congressmans office but it wasn't about AFG yet.

  18. #18
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Limeforever View Post
    I will,..... Oh wait, you were meaning who would get a call concerning the AFG grants. Well I did get a call this morning from my Congressmans office but it wasn't about AFG yet.
    Patience Luke Sywalker, the force is with you today! I hope!
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

    "Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  19. #19
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long time no Sea
    Posts
    2,253

    Talking what could they be celebrating?

    Too much going on today to call departments with awards. The GOP is celebrating and the Dems are sulking. Proud of you Onebugle!

  20. #20
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    20 minutes North of Cooperstown, NY/ Baseball Hall of Fame
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Why do I get the feeling everyone is holding their breath today!!

  21. #21
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Way South of the Mason Dixon line
    Posts
    515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rjcont View Post
    Why do I get the feeling everyone is holding their breath today!!
    We are just trying to not hyperventilate.

  22. #22
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,081

    Default

    I've been holding my breath for the awards to start now for so long my wife has bought me a new wardrobe to match the blueish hypoxia tinge in my skin color.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

    "Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  23. #23
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    1,419

    Default

    I must be getting "seasoned"--with the 1199a and 10q's in hand, i'm not holding my breath at all. What will come, will come. Just a matter of time now, with a whole lot less wondering.

    Que sera, sera...whatever will be will be...

    earl

  24. #24
    Forum Member
    jmkfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Riley, Kansas
    Posts
    302

    Default

    received an e-mail yesterday from my region rep and she said they expect awards to begin next week.

    "Just remember. No matter where you go. There you are!"

  25. #25
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenacres2 View Post
    I must be getting "seasoned"--with the 1199a and 10q's in hand, i'm not holding my breath at all. What will come, will come. Just a matter of time now, with a whole lot less wondering.

    Que sera, sera...whatever will be will be...

    earl
    OMG visions of Dinah Shore and dog flying into the front seat of a 57 BelAir convertible....I am getting old if I can remember that b/w show on TV when I was growing up.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

    "Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. HOUSTON walked away from this contract
    By Firewalker1 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 12:34 AM
  2. World Of Fire Report: 03-01-03
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2003, 12:08 PM
  3. World Of Fire Report: 02-01-03
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2003, 02:25 PM
  4. World Of Fire Report: 12-31-02
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2003, 01:11 PM
  5. World Of Fire Report: 12-02-02
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-05-2002, 09:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register