Forum Member

Default 2010 Winter time PT.

I am just getting the pins pulled out my hand and am so ready To get back to training, any body trying a new route this year that working really good for them?
    Courage, Being Scared to Death and Saddling Up anyways.

Forum Member

Take it easy comin back from an injury. Split my fib the end of 08 season... took it "easy" the first month after bein released back to unrestricted status (also did a ton of phys therapy to get there, though, and used that to my best advantage), then started ramping it back up gradually.
    By the time we brought the temps on, I was smashing all but the youngest studliest dudes on the Engines and even a few of the slower Shots.
    Just don't kill yourself tryin to race back to shape. Ya got what? 3-4 months? You'll just aggravate the problem and demoralize yourself if ya go nuts...
    My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

IACOJ--West Coast PITA

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by the1141man View Post
    Take it easy comin back from an injury. Split my fib the end of 08 season... took it "easy" the first month after bein released back to unrestricted status (also did a ton of phys therapy to get there, though, and used that to my best advantage), then started ramping it back up gradually.
    By the time we brought the temps on, I was smashing all but the youngest studliest dudes on the Engines and even a few of the slower Shots.
    Just don't kill yourself tryin to race back to shape. Ya got what? 3-4 months? You'll just aggravate the problem and demoralize yourself if ya go nuts...
    IF i don' get back to working some thing before long i Will go nuts, i have never had a injury slow me down before ever, this one about killed me. I can still swing, and with a little work i am dam sure i can saw.

Ouch man, a leg injury would be a whole different story. I Am just trying to get my left hand working again.
    Last edited by Bushwhacker; 01-15-2010 at 03:24 AM.
    Courage, Being Scared to Death and Saddling Up anyways.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhacker View Post
    IF i don' get back to working some thing before long i Will go nuts, i have never had a injury slow me down before ever, this one about killed me. I can still swing, and with a little work i am dam sure i can saw.

Ouch man, a leg injury would be a whole different story. I Am just trying to get my left hand working again.
    Well, I'm thinkin you prob don't want to be doing pushups or heavy lifting just yet with the strain that'd put on things.

Medicine ball? I have a 10lber and absolutely love it... it was my life-saver when I was out a year ago... couldn't do pushups or situps because my ankle wouldn't stand even the partial weight of bracing for those exercises... but that medicine ball let me do tons of other things to keep workin my shoulders, arms, and core. Hell, it's a great exercise tool even when you're 100%.

Good luck with the recovery, bro. Just take it slow and steady, like I said... reinjury is the worst thing you can do right now.
    My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

IACOJ--West Coast PITA

Thread Information