Thread: Reduction Email

Forum Member

Default Reduction Email

I received an email from FEMA today, asking if the reduction to our RIT pack was okay. Hopefully the awards are close!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonMNChief View Post
    I received an email from FEMA today, asking if the reduction to our RIT pack was okay. Hopefully the awards are close!!!
    Have you already recieved the q's?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    Have you already recieved the q's?
    Yes, we received the 10qs on Wednesday last week.

Forum Member

Now, I'm taking for granted that all applications that are going to receive a reduction, already have it showing on their online application in the status portal?

That no one has been asked to take a reduction that is or was not showing on their online application?

Since there has been a variation of procedures from what we have seen in the past, am trying to get the reduction process straight in my head.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonMNChief View Post
    How much are they allowing for the RIT pack?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by neiowa View Post
    How much are they allowing for the RIT pack?
    Ours was reduced from $4500 to $3500

We currently utilize MSA Firehawks and ours do not have the RIT quick connections on them. MSA offers a RIT pack which incorportates both RIT quick connections (which can be adapted to other brands of SCBAs) and also has a regulator assembly and facepiece. This would enable us to utilize it no matter what we encountered on a RIT call. This is what I had budgeted for in my grant application and they run around $4500 however I was reduced to $3500.
    Last edited by ejfeicht; 01-14-2010 at 08:02 PM.

Forum Member

illinois, and finally about to start construction

we got one on 08 and it was msa ours came in well under 4500 can't remember the exact number but it was around 3500

Forum Member

Is everyone that has reductions gonna receive the additional email asking if we will accept the reduction? Or, will they start adding the reduction acceptance question to the 10 question email? Or, do nothing above the reduction on there own? I know a lot of questions just seems like a lot of different stuff going on...

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by RES81CUE View Post
    Is everyone that has reductions gonna receive the additional email asking if we will accept the reduction? Or, will they start adding the reduction acceptance question to the 10 question email? Or, do nothing above the reduction on there own? I know a lot of questions just seems like a lot of different stuff going on...
    Our reduction came as part of the q's.

If this happens and you are going to appeal the reduction; it needs to be done before returning the q's. Once you return the q's; that implies acceptance of the reduction.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ejfeicht View Post

We currently utilize MSA Firehawks and ours do not have the RIT quick connections on them. MSA offers a RIT pack which incorportates both RIT quick connections (which can be adapted to other brands of SCBAs) and also has a regulator assembly and facepiece. This would enable us to utilize it no matter what we encountered on a RIT call. This is what I had budgeted for in my grant application and they run around $4500 however I was reduced to $3500.
    We bought this year a rit pack that consists of; RIT bag, 1 hr composit bottle, spare mask with regulator, buddy breather hoses and the UAC. We paid 2,386 each, we bought 5 of them. They were not MSA. We were budgetted 3,000 each. I hope that this helps out.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by rands1 View Post
    We bought this year a rit pack that consists of; RIT bag, 1 hr composit bottle, spare mask with regulator, buddy breather hoses and the UAC. We paid 2,386 each, we bought 5 of them. They were not MSA. We were budgetted 3,000 each. I hope that this helps out.
    rands1 can you email me the information of what you purchased.

ejfeicht@zoominternet.net

Thanks,

Eric

MembersZone Subscriber

Scott RIT pak is set up same way. High pressure RIC fitting at one end of bag and lowpressure with mask (on quick connect EBSS) at the other end. No problem getting that done for $3500.

Forum Member

rands1 can you email me the information of what you purchased.

ejfeicht@zoominternet.net

Thanks,

Eric
    Hi Eric,
    It is on its way.

Thread Information