Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Need help with HT-1000

I bought a new HT-1000 16 channel radio and it didnt come with a owners manual or a guide and I need to know how to set it on scan and a couple more things... If you know anything about it please let me know...

Quote Originally Posted by johndeere2929 View Post
    I bought a new HT-1000 16 channel radio and it didnt come with a owners manual or a guide and I need to know how to set it on scan and a couple more things... If you know anything about it please let me know...
    It's all dependent on the programming of the radio, and how it was setup.

Contact your local radio shop.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Uh, and what about programming it with the channels you want to listen to and what each button and switch should do? You realize you can't just buy a random radio and expect it to magically start doing what you want?
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    Uh, and what about programming it with the channels you want to listen to and what each button and switch should do? You realize you can't just buy a random radio and expect it to magically start doing what you want?
    You're late
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Probably that they are old and outdated. Unless the department operates on UHF you might as well use it for a door stop.

Talking

They make better moorings than doorstops.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnee View Post
    Probably that they are old and outdated. Unless the department operates on UHF you might as well use it for a door stop.
    Yea I don't think you know what you're talking about because that makes no sense at all. The HT1000 is a very capable, robust, programmable radio and they're available on a lot more than UHF. They were only discontinued in 2007 and remain of the best modern portable radios Motorola ever made. They are anything but doorstops and moorings.

The OP needs to answer the questions that Res343cue and I asked if he wants accurate help.

Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    Yea I don't think you know what you're talking about because that makes no sense at all. The HT1000 is a very capable, robust, programmable radio and they're available on a lot more than UHF. They were only discontinued in 2007 and remain of the best modern portable radios Motorola ever made. They are anything but doorstops and moorings.

The OP needs to answer the questions that Res343cue and I asked if he wants accurate help.
    We have the HT1000's in the 8000MHz range as our portables on the rigs. The officers and the two new rigs have the XTS 1500's.

The Massachusetts Firefighting Academy uses them in the fireground operations for live fire training. They take a beating in the literal and figurative sense, with constatnt exposure to fire, heat, smoke at water.

During one of the phase 4 recruit burn days, the HT1000 I was carrying fell out of my radio pocket as I was leaning forward and talking to one of the instrcutors from the thirdfloor of the building building, it fell a good 30 feet before hitting concrete. The battery casing cracked, but the radio still transmitted and recieved.

To the OP.. as others have stated.. the radio has to be programmed for the frequencies. It is a matter of hooking it to a technician's computer and setting it up.You can probably get the owner's manual from Motorola by going to their website.
    Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 01-14-2010 at 03:23 PM. Reason: spelling correction!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

go the company website and look for the manual. Or call them. Someone in India will get a manual out to you.
    Logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.

You might be able to find one from Motorola or try this site.

http://www.radioreference.com/

They are still good working radios even if a lot of departments have gone to the 800 trunking system, they still will work in areas and departments that haven't.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

An instruction manual will be of no use. The only thing it will teach is how to screw the antenna on and turn up the volume. ALL functions of all controls are programmed using computer software and a programming interface. The instruction manual can not tell you anything about what the buttons and switches do because it is up to the end user to decide and have it programmed as such.

There is absolutely nothing the OP can do with this radio without someone qualified and equiped hooking it up to a computer to see what it is and make the appropriate changes.

Thread Information