Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ex-weapons inspector charged in child-sex sting in PA

Ex-weapons inspector charged in child-sex sting in PA

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

STROUDSBURG, Pa. (AP) — A former U.N. weapons inspector in Iraq is facing child-sex charges.

Scott Ritter, of Delmar, N.Y., is charged in Pennsylvania with unlawful sexual contact with a minor for alleged online exchanges with police posing as a 15-year-old girl. The Pocono Record first reported the case Thursday.

Monroe County authorities say they traced the exchange through his cell phone number. Police say Ritter gave them a video of him masturbating during an Internet chat.

The 48-year-old Ritter has been free on bail since a December court appearance. He has acknowledged facing similar 2001 charges in New York that were dismissed.

Ritter declined to comment Thursday to reporters outside his home.

He resigned in 1998 after seven years as a UN weapons inspector and was a harsh critic of the war in Iraq.
    Wow... what else can you say?

Especially since it wasn't the first time he's been caught preying on children.
    Last edited by ChiefKN; 01-14-2010 at 02:38 PM.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

A guy too un-savvy to realize his phone could be traced is certainly un-savvy enough to miss a few weapons, huh?
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    --General James Mattis, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF View Post
    A guy too un-savvy to realize his phone could be traced is certainly un-savvy enough to miss a few weapons, huh?
    Yea... makes you wonder.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

MembersZone Subscriber

Certainly qualified to work for the UN (as a Clinton stooge).

Makes you wonder doesn't it?

When I was a deputy I was involved in a minor sex sting. It was an investigation that was about a year in the making. I posed as a father who was farming out his 14 year old son for sex. The perps would meet me a root beer stand in town, pay me and I would give him the hotel key. They would go to the hotel and open the door and BUSTED!! Some of the suspects arrested were prominent people of the community like a high school coach, a priest, a gas station owner/business man, and a boy scout leader!!

And that's only the ones you hear about....very creepy indeed.
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    Wow... what else can you say?

Especially since it wasn't the first time he's been caught preying on children.
    No wonder they didn't find any WMDs, they were following the Clinton lead and looking for other things.

Send him to Iran and have him look for WMDs; bet he won't find any.

But he probably won't need to worry about it for long either.

It will save the taxpayers a huge amount of $.
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    No wonder they didn't find any WMDs, they were following the Clinton lead and looking for other things.
    Ohhhh!!!! Shot of the day! We have a winner!
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    --General James Mattis, USMC

Mr. Ritter likes them young. He's been caught doing this three or four times. Heck, I don't know why this even made the news. It's like acting surprised when you get up in the morning and find the sun up.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Well then can you explain why the entire American military, helped by Chile, Tonga and a few other major powers couldn't find them either?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BryanLoader View Post
    Well then can you explain why the entire American military, helped by Chile, Tonga and a few other major powers couldn't find them either?
    Still haven't looked in Syria.

Banned

Yea but the Russians and British said they were there. You just can't believe these government types anymore can you???

Can you explain how they disappeared?

MembersZone Subscriber

Easy. Kind of like looking for Unicorns. Figment of someones imagination.

Banned

Easy, tell them for over a year you are coming to look for them. Much easier to hide with a lot of advanced warning

Question

Easy. Kind of like looking for Unicorns. Figment of someones imagination.
    You DO understand that they WERE there...
    They had been used before on their own people and that everyone including the Iraqis knows this....it is just that that after they said the weapons that were there had been destroyed and we asked for proof of the destruction and that they could not prove if they had actually been destroyed, sold, used or were in hiding that it became a issue of "where the WMD's were".

You do understand we are not talking about something like unicorns that were never there but of WMD's that were there but whose location or current state cannot now be verified...yes?
    Change We Can Believe In.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Raughammer1 View Post
    They had been used before on their own people and that everyone including the Iraqis knows this....it is just that that after they said the weapons that were there had been destroyed and we asked for proof of the destruction and that they could not prove if they had actually been destroyed, sold, used or were in hiding that it became a issue of "where the WMD's were".

You do understand we are not talking about something like unicorns that were never there but of WMD's that were there but whose location or current state cannot now be verified...yes?
    I'm well aware that Saddam and his murderous thugs used chemical weapons in Iraq. I was in Kurdistan Iraq 2 months ago and spoke to people who had lived through that. I also know or feel relatively confident that if there had been any WMD other than artillery launched chemical weapons, they would certainly have been found by now or the disposition of them betrayed by any one of a dozen Iraqi and Kurdish factions.

I'm well aware that Saddam and his murderous thugs used chemical weapons in Iraq. I was in Kurdistan Iraq 2 months ago and spoke to people who had lived through that. I also know or feel relatively confident that if there had been any WMD other than artillery launched chemical weapons, they would certainly have been found by now or the disposition of them betrayed by any one of a dozen Iraqi and Kurdish factions.
    1. Iraq had WMD's. (the ones you say you know they had as well)
    2. The world was aware they had the WMD's. (the ones you say you know they had as well)
    3. The world body said Iraq had to account for the WMD's as a consequence of Iraq losing the first Gulf War.
    4. The world body wants to count the WMD's. Later Iraq said it has destroyed the WMD's. The world says: "Prove it". Iraq cannot provide proof of exactly what happend to the WMD's. The WMD inspectors get the run around time and time again. Iraq stalls and stalls and tries to talk around the issue and again and again does not let the inspectors do their job. Finally a ultimatum is given, and when Iraq fails to come clean they get invaded...again. And they lose...again.
    To compare WMDs that everyone knows were there and verified numerous times to unicorns comes across as an obtuse argument at the very least.
    Change We Can Believe In.

Forum Member

I also know or feel relatively confident that if there had been any WMD other than artillery launched chemical weapons, they would certainly have been found by now or the disposition of them betrayed by any one of a dozen Iraqi and Kurdish factions.
    BryanLoader, would you "feel relatively confident" that if Putin had told you, being the President of the United States, that Iraq was planning attacks against your country (inside i believe) that you could ignore it .. and not worry about Iraq or the WMD's ??

Just to make this absolutely 100% clear. If Russia told you that Iraq was planning attacks against your country AND you were told by the CIA that Iraq had WMD's "slamdunk" i believe is the term they used ... would you not attack preemptively to stop it? Just yes or no .. then go ahead and tell me why .. thanks.

PS Ritter is a dirt bag and said there was WMD's until it looked like war and THEN he started back peddling.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Raughammer1 View Post

Don't be so ignorant. That wasn't WMD. It was H1N1.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Thread Information