+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
  1. #26
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    These urgent changes you are referring to... why haven't they already been made by this congress?
    It's in the process of being done. 27 Dems and all of the GOP caucus voted NO.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  2. #27
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    And Fox News is the most partisan network on cable, right?

    http://washingtontimes.com/weblogs/w...brown-winning/
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

  3. #28
    Back In Black
    ChiefKN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The Nice Part of New Jersey
    Posts
    6,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    It's in the process of being done. 27 Dems and all of the GOP caucus voted NO.
    Sure it is...
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

    "The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

    "When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

  4. #29
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    I KNEW IT!

    It's all Pres. Bush's fault!

    http://hotlineoncall.nationaljournal..._obama_ral.php

    Note to libs: If this is all you have, you don't have much.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

  5. #30
    Forum Member
    DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    It's in the process of being done. 27 Dems and all of the GOP caucus voted NO.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm. The Dems have been in "control" for 3 years in Congress, the nation has been in a financial tailspin for 2 of those years. Yet we get healthcare rammed down our throat, and COngress has done nothing but p!$$ away billions of dollars.

    Perhaps the bills sucks. Funny how ALL the Dems stick together but you only criticize the Republicans for doing it.

    One thing that Democrats/liberals/progressives can never seem to wrap their minds around is that these sort of bills that will make banks and financial services companies pay for their oversight and corrections is that the companies and institutions that pay for it only pass the cost on to the consumer.

    It will be the same when the Dems try to ram through the nonsensical blather that is Cap & Trade. It is the same with Healthcare "Reform."
    Last edited by DaSharkie; 01-18-2010 at 09:09 AM.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

  6. #31
    Forum Member
    DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
    The irony is that Scott Brown didn't have the support of the State or national RNC when he won the primary...
    That's the funny thing here Gonzo. The Republicans have ignored the race until about 10 days ago. No money, no contributions, no support.

    Scott Brown got here all by himself with the help of his supporters making small contributions. He traveled around this state on his own talking to voters. He held and coordinated his own rallies with a staff of 12. That's 12 people in a state of 8.5 million people. He closed a 30+ point gap a month ago and every poll of substance shows a statistical dead heat here now. Pretty freaking remarkable for a man few have heard of until 2 months ago, in a state where Democrats are registered 3 to 1 vs. Republicans. He did old fashioned politicking, and it still works. The unions are scared. The health care lobby is scared. The Kennedy clan is scared.

    Now the Republicans come in within the past week making it seem like this is the best thing in the world, after they wrote him off.

    The Dems are all trying to keep their heads from spinning off. In 36 hours, if you listen closely, you have a pretty good chance of hearing a collective thud of thousands of liberals keeling over across this nation. I hope the Psychotherapists have enough open appointments in the next week.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

  7. #32
    Forum Member
    DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    The conservative notion that deregulation and "free" markets will lead to prosperity.

    Deregulation started in the 80's and brought us the S & L meltdown. Phil "nation of whiners" Gramm's little piece of legislation (signed by Pres Clinton) can directly be traced as the impetus behind the current financial meltdown. That being coupled with an SEC Commissioner who admits he was unwilling to enforce regulations because of his "free" market beliefs. All of which are conservative mantras.
    Wow. You actually tried to substantiate an argument here. And you actually give a bit of blame to the President that signed it (who is a Democrat.) Mark this date down ladies and gentlemen. History has been made.

    You blame one person, and one piece of legislation for an entire economic meltdown that was long in coming? You totally ignore the individual person's increasing debt. Have to have the latest model of BMW. Have to have a 3,000 square foot home in the right zip code, for a small family. Kids have to have the latest Nikes. Banks giving out stupidly risky loans to people that had no reason to qualify for a mortgage of that size.

    Perhaps you have forgotten all the ridiculous lending practices these large banks practiced. Perhaps you have forgotten Fannie and Freddie knowingly approving loans for questionable qualifiers.

    Hell, in the past 10 years I saw the real estate market in Massachusetts go from expensive (but affordable) to stupidly out of reach of the "average Joe." Houses with real estate value increasing 30% in a few years causing larger loans that were "interest only" or "no income verification required" being given to people that had no means of paying for them. It was only a matter of time before the walls came tumbling down - and you want to blame it all going back to one bill and one former Senator?

    We deserve exactly what we got. We got ourselves into this mess, and we have no one to blame but the guy looking back at us in the mirror every morning.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

  8. #33
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    Wow. You actually tried to substantiate an argument here. And you actually give a bit of blame to the President that signed it (who is a Democrat.) Mark this date down ladies and gentlemen. History has been made.

    You blame one person, and one piece of legislation for an entire economic meltdown that was long in coming? You totally ignore the individual person's increasing debt. Have to have the latest model of BMW. Have to have a 3,000 square foot home in the right zip code, for a small family. Kids have to have the latest Nikes. Banks giving out stupidly risky loans to people that had no reason to qualify for a mortgage of that size.

    Perhaps you have forgotten all the ridiculous lending practices these large banks practiced. Perhaps you have forgotten Fannie and Freddie knowingly approving loans for questionable qualifiers.

    Hell, in the past 10 years I saw the real estate market in Massachusetts go from expensive (but affordable) to stupidly out of reach of the "average Joe." Houses with real estate value increasing 30% in a few years causing larger loans that were "interest only" or "no income verification required" being given to people that had no means of paying for them. It was only a matter of time before the walls came tumbling down - and you want to blame it all going back to one bill and one former Senator?

    We deserve exactly what we got. We got ourselves into this mess, and we have no one to blame but the guy looking back at us in the mirror every morning.
    I wrote this before, so I'll say it again. FM/FM were a reason, but not the only reason.

    America emerged from the Great Depression with a tightly regulated banking system. The regulations worked: the nation was spared major financial crises for almost four decades after World War II. But as the memory of the Depression faded, bankers began to chafe at the restrictions they faced. And politicians, increasingly under the influence of free-market ideology, showed a growing willingness to give bankers what they wanted.

    The first big wave of deregulation took place under Ronald Reagan — and quickly led to disaster, in the form of the savings-and-loan crisis of the 1980s. Taxpayers ended up paying more than 2 percent of G.D.P., the equivalent of around $300 billion today, to clean up the mess.

    Proponents of deregulation were undaunted, and in the decade leading up to the current crisis politicians in both parties bought into the notion that New Deal-era restrictions on bankers were nothing but pointless red tape. In a memorable 2003 incident, top bank regulators staged a photo-op in which they used garden shears and a chainsaw to cut up stacks of paper representing regulations.

    Bankers had been freed both by legislation that removed traditional restrictions and by the hands-off attitude of regulators who didn’t believe in regulation — responded by dramatically loosening lending standards. The result was a credit boom and a monstrous real estate bubble, followed by the worst economic slump since the Great Depression. Ironically, the effort to contain the crisis required government intervention on a much larger scale than would have been needed to prevent the crisis in the first place: government rescues of troubled institutions, large-scale lending by the Federal Reserve to the private sector, etc.

    Talk to conservatives about the financial crisis and you enter an alternative, bizarro universe in which government bureaucrats, not greedy bankers, caused the meltdown. It’s a universe in which government-sponsored lending agencies triggered the crisis, even though private lenders actually made the vast majority of subprime loans. It’s a universe in which regulators coerced bankers into making loans to unqualified borrowers, even though only one of the top 25 subprime lenders was subject to the regulations in question.

    Conservatives simply ignore the catastrophe in commercial real estate: in their universe the only bad loans were those made to poor people and members of minority groups, because bad loans to developers of shopping malls and office towers don’t fit the narrative.

    Even more remarkable is your glee that Dems are in trouble. Like the gentleman from NY who claims to understand everything but really understands nothing, you never post anything critical of GOP politicos. And you want us to believe your non-partisan? Thanks for the early morning chuckle.
    Last edited by scfire86; 01-18-2010 at 09:17 AM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  9. #34
    Forum Member
    DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    I KNEW IT!

    It's all Pres. Bush's fault!

    http://hotlineoncall.nationaljournal..._obama_ral.php

    Note to libs: If this is all you have, you don't have much.
    George, you make a point. Blame all you want. Blame who you want.

    Eventually you are going to have to let go of the past and take responsibility for what YOU have done to change things.

    The Democrats have had "control" of Congress for 3 years now. Every budget they have passed since then has ADDED $1,000,000,000,000+ of deficit spending per year. That is the same deficit spending that they said they would stop when elected to office - but have done none of. And now we see budgetary projections of the same for the next decade.

    Mr. Bush and the Republicans screwed a lot of things up, we all know that. But you have had "control" for 3 years and have done nothing to correct what you see as wrong. And your ability to do so is going to be greatly hampered in less than a year.

    The best defense of the Democrat's continued deficit spending (unchanged from that of Mr. Bush) and continued inaction on our nation's financial condition is that it took a long time to get us here and it will take at least that long to get us out.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

  10. #35
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    One thing that Democrats/liberals/progressives can never seem to wrap their minds around is that these sort of bills that will make banks and financial services companies pay for their oversight and corrections is that the companies and institutions that pay for it only pass the cost on to the consumer.
    If they price themselves too high, they will lose business.

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    It will be the same when the Dems try to ram through the nonsensical blather that is Cap & Trade. It is the same with Healthcare "Reform."
    Both this statement and the one before it are your typical hypotheticals.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  11. #36
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    The best defense of the Democrat's continued deficit spending (unchanged from that of Mr. Bush) and continued inaction on our nation's financial condition is that it took a long time to get us here and it will take at least that long to get us out.
    Which is true.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  12. #37
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    I KNEW IT!

    It's all Pres. Bush's fault!

    http://hotlineoncall.nationaljournal..._obama_ral.php

    Note to libs: If this is all you have, you don't have much.
    And it is. In case you forgot, conservatives blamed (and continue to blame things) on Bill Clinton. It worked for them for years despite it being inaccurate.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  13. #38
    Forum Member
    DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I wrote this before, so I'll say it again. FM/FM were a reason, but not the only reason.
    However, in the post that I quoted it was the ONLY reason you stated. And the Democrats blocked several attempts to reform their lending practices. Funny how it is all Mr. Bush's fault though, and you rarely - if ever - place any blame at the foot of the Democrats.

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    America emerged from the Great Depression with a tightly regulated banking system. The regulations worked: the nation was spared major financial crises for almost four decades after World War II. But as the memory of the Depression faded, bankers began to chafe at the restrictions they faced. And politicians, increasingly under the influence of free-market ideology, showed a growing willingness to give bankers what they wanted.

    The first big wave of deregulation took place under Ronald Reagan ó and quickly led to disaster, in the form of the savings-and-loan crisis of the 1980s. Taxpayers ended up paying more than 2 percent of G.D.P., the equivalent of around $300 billion today, to clean up the mess.

    Proponents of deregulation were undaunted, and in the decade leading up to the current crisis politicians in both parties bought into the notion that New Deal-era restrictions on bankers were nothing but pointless red tape. In a memorable 2003 incident, top bank regulators staged a photo-op in which they used garden shears and a chainsaw to cut up stacks of paper representing regulations.

    Bankers had been freed both by legislation that removed traditional restrictions and by the hands-off attitude of regulators who didnít believe in regulation ó responded by dramatically loosening lending standards. The result was a credit boom and a monstrous real estate bubble, followed by the worst economic slump since the Great Depression. Ironically, the effort to contain the crisis required government intervention on a much larger scale than would have been needed to prevent the crisis in the first place: government rescues of troubled institutions, large-scale lending by the Federal Reserve to the private sector, etc.

    Talk to conservatives about the financial crisis and you enter an alternative, bizarro universe in which government bureaucrats, not greedy bankers, caused the meltdown. Itís a universe in which government-sponsored lending agencies triggered the crisis, even though private lenders actually made the vast majority of subprime loans. Itís a universe in which regulators coerced bankers into making loans to unqualified borrowers, even though only one of the top 25 subprime lenders was subject to the regulations in question.

    Conservatives simply ignore the catastrophe in commercial real estate: in their universe the only bad loans were those made to poor people and members of minority groups, because bad loans to developers of shopping malls and office towers donít fit the narrative.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Even more remarkable is your glee that Dems are in trouble.
    They are. I may not be happy that the Republicans will benefit from it - however the Democrats are in trouble for doing NOTHING to correct our situation beyond adding more to our nation's debt and deficit, pushing laws that people find grossly unpopular, and proving themselves to be just as hypocritical as the Republicans are.

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    you never post anything critical of GOP politicos.
    You obviously don't pay attention to what I write. I blame both sides of the aisle, unlike you who only takes time to blame conservatives and Republicans for every ill that ever befalls us.

    [QUOTE=scfire86;1135794]And you want us to believe your non-partisan?

    I have never claimed to be non-partisan. I may not be a member or any political party, but that does not make me non-partisan.

    Since today is a historical day where you actually substantiated ONE of your arguments, perhaps you can find a post where I claimed to be so and provide a link to it.

    I have never claimed to be non-partisan. How could I be non-partisan and be a conservative? I would have to be one or the other.

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Thanks for the early morning chuckle.
    You laughing at yourself for being wrong? Like I said, I have never claimed to be non-partisan. Both parties suck. Neither party cares about the average guy that actually works for a living only to see 30% of their paycheck gone immediately to the federal government, a failing system called Social Security, and a going broke system called Medicare/Medicaid.

    Keep laughing.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

  14. #39
    Forum Member
    DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    If they price themselves too high, they will lose business.
    "If" Mighty big word for only two letters as the old cliche goes.

    You show a lack of understanding the premise of which you speak here. The large mega-banks have a ridiculously high number of rates and fees that the consumer gladly pays. ATM fees, account fees, annual credit card fees. Hell, some banks actually charge you to use a freaking human bank teller.

    And yet the consumer still stays with them. How do you think Wells Fargo, Bank of America, and others got so freaking big?

    This is why I don't belong to a traditional bank. My only bank accounts are with an online bank that pays 3 or more times what a tradition brick and mortar bank pay in interest on my savings. My daily savings, checking, and credit card accounts are with 2 credit unions. I get better service, better rates, and no fees for them to care for my money.

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Both this statement and the one before it are your typical hypotheticals.
    As is your above response. When you put the word "if" into a statement it is immediately a hypothetical. Yet you have said you don't like to operate in the world of hypoteticals.

    Cap & Trade WILL increase the cost of energy production, distribution, and manufacturing. A company can and will only absorb so much of that cost as "operating expenses" before it gets passed on to the consumer.

    When you consider that most municipalities only have the choice of one provider then you don't have a choice for who you pay. And that cost will be passed on to the consumer. There is no if. That is how business works.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

  15. #40
    Forum Member
    DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Which is true.
    It is true. But in the past 3 years they have done NOTHING to help our nation out of its position.

    A stimulus bill that is coming out as having little if any benefit for our nation while adding $897,000,000,000 to our debt, while bringing jobs to fictitious Congressional districts and zip codes.

    Cars for Clunkers added an additional $2,000,000,000 to our deficit.

    Unemployment at 10.1% when the Democrats said it would not go above 8% with the same stimulus mentioned above.

    The Republicans screwed the pooch with the help of Democrats in Congress, and the condition we are in was a long time in coming.

    It may take time, but CONTINUING to add more than a trillion dollars a year to our deficit and debt is not helping the situation. Especially since a trillion dollars of our annual budget is already allocated to servicing our nation's debt.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

  16. #41
    Forum Member
    DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    And it is. In case you forgot, conservatives blamed (and continue to blame things) on Bill Clinton. It worked for them for years despite it being inaccurate.
    I never said that was right either. Every administration did things wrong.

    And for conservatives/Republicans to blame only Mr. Clinton is disingenuous since 6 years of his administration were under Republican "control" of congress.

    Just as for all you Democrats/liberals/progressives to blame only Bush is equally disingenuous given the Democrats' action the last 2 years of his Presidency.

    Eventually you have to take blame for being part of the problem - especially if you are offering no solutions, and not following through with your own promises.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

  17. #42
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,301

    Default

    So if Coakley wins tomorrow, will that be a mandate? Especially if she wins by more than 2.5%. That was the margin of victory for Bush during the 2004 election and conservatives across the country were claiming that as a mandate of the people.

    I'm kind of enjoying watching the effort you put into these posts. It's clearly obvious this means much more to you.

    Carry on.
    Last edited by scfire86; 01-18-2010 at 01:44 PM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  18. #43
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    They are. I may not be happy that the Republicans will benefit from it - however the Democrats are in trouble for doing NOTHING to correct our situation beyond adding more to our nation's debt and deficit, pushing laws that people find grossly unpopular, and proving themselves to be just as hypocritical as the Republicans are.
    The Dems are in trouble with their base because they haven't been more liberal. The base wants things like an exit out of Iraq yesterday, legalized gay marriage, and health care reform that includes a public option.

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    You obviously don't pay attention to what I write. I blame both sides of the aisle, unlike you who only takes time to blame conservatives and Republicans for every ill that ever befalls us.
    You only blame one side. Once again, please post links to the threads you started that are critical of conservatives.

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    And you want us to believe your non-partisan?

    I have never claimed to be non-partisan. I may not be a member or any political party, but that does not make me non-partisan.
    Glad you admit that. Your bias is obvious.

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    Since today is a historical day where you actually substantiated ONE of your arguments, perhaps you can find a post where I claimed to be so and provide a link to it.
    Your posts speak for themselves.

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    Keep laughing.
    Will do. Your posts are great for that purpose.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  19. #44
    Forum Member
    DeputyChiefGonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Somewhere between genius and insanity!
    Posts
    13,584

    Default

    It means more to DaSharkie and I because we live here... I have been inundated with phone calls in the last week from both the Brown and Coakley camps. Coakley's callers were negative towards Brown. The Brown callers merely asked for my vote.

    I am neither a Democrat or Republican, nor a liberal (although I have been accused of being by sone of the extreme right posters here) or a conservative (although I have been accused of being by some of the extreme left posters here).

    Coakley fired the first salvo in the negative ad war that she approved of.

    Brown answered with an ad saying that the only way that Martha could bring him down was to go negative. That made an impact on a lot of people.

    Martha making statements like "Curt Shilling is a Yankee Fan", "there are no Taliban in Afghanistan" and "what do they expect me to do.. campaign at Fenway Park".. make her look clueless.

    She thought she could waltz into the Senate with a large margin of victory.. the RNC on the state and national level just about conceded the seat.

    Surprise! Brown busted his hump and worked hard for where he is today.

    Tomorrow will be very interesting....

    The left and right wing PACS have been buying ad time left and right... the radio, television stations and newspapers are making a small fortune selling ads and air time.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

  20. #45
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    So if Coakley wins tomorrow, will that be a mandate? Especially if she wins by more than 2.5%. That was the margin of victory for Bush during the 2004 election and conservatives across the country were claiming that as a mandate of the people.

    I'm kind of enjoying watching the effort you put into these posts. It's clearly obvious this means much more to you.

    Carry on.
    I honestly do not recall ANYONE saying 2004 was a mandate. 2004, if anything, was a repudiation of Kerry.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

  21. #46
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Chief, how would you have liked to have been a fly on Schilling's wall when heard that? He has made it well known that he does not care for the Yankee organization. Her saying that must've been like slapping him in the face.

    Wasn't there talk awhile back about Schilling running for Congress?
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

  22. #47
    Forum Member
    DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    So if Coakley wins tomorrow, will that be a mandate?
    Nope. It will be the result of an election. No mandate. It will scare the shyte of the Democrats though. Otherwise Bill Clinton and Barack Obama would not have graced us with their presence.

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Especially if she wins by more than 2.5%. That was the margin of victory for Bush during the 2004 election and conservatives across the country were claiming that as a mandate of the people.
    No. SOME conservatives were, as were the blathering talking heads who said it was. Although, if 2.5% more people vote for a candidate, then I suppose someone could twist it around and say that the majority of the people that voted wanted it, so it could be a considered a mandate.

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I'm kind of enjoying watching the effort you put into these posts. It's clearly obvious this means much more to you.
    It does mean much more to me. The priviledge to vote is a wonderful thing. If you don't vote, then don't bitch about the political direction that our nation has taken.

    I put effort into my posts, because unlike you a simple little quip is not enough to challenge the statements that I make, and I prefer - unlike you - to try to substantiate the things I say.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

  23. #48
    Forum Member
    DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    The Dems are in trouble with their base because they haven't been more liberal. The base wants things like an exit out of Iraq yesterday, legalized gay marriage, and health care reform that includes a public option.
    It is not the base that they need to be worried about. The majority of the electorate are unenrolled and will swing whichever way they feel a candidate will go.

    The base can be ticked off, but remember that the majority of the public in polls - which is all we can base this off of - do not support gay marriage (this is why it failed EVERY TIME that it has been put before the electorate. The only states that have it, have it because the courts ruled it, or the legislature passed it. I could not care less who you want to marry - I may think it is wrong, but it does not affect me, so marry whoever you want, but if the electorate votes in a majority then you ought to freaking deal with it or bring it up for another vote.

    As for health care "reform" what makes this statement ridiculous is that almost every RECENT poll (not one done 6 months ago like you post) shows a DROPPING support for either of the current versions of "reform" that are before Congress.

    The base does not matter, it is the totality of the electorate and their desires which are being ignored by the party in "control" of Congress.

    Scott Brown is not against health care "reform" he is against the current versions before Congress.

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    You only blame one side.
    Hello pot? This is the kettle. You're Black.

    I blame both sides. I have done so numerous times in numerous posts - even the ones in this thread - you conveniently choose to ignore that.

    You only blame conservatives and Republicans for the ills of our society and government. Funny how I am the only one you say that blames one side. Your ideology blinds you, making you a hypocrate.

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Once again, please post links to the threads you started that are critical of conservatives.
    Once again, starting threads is not a method of measurement. I have stated multiple times my distaste for both parties in general - however that does not mean that both parties do not have decent candidates. Hell, if Rep. Stephen Lynch (D-South Boston) decided to run I'd vote for him in a heartbeat.

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Glad you admit that. Your bias is obvious.
    I never denied it you fool. You bias is as obvious as mine, however I will admit it and you refuse to.

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Your posts speak for themselves.
    Once again you prove your hypocracy and cowardice. You accuse me of something, I deny it and call you on it. You choose to be a coward and lack the intestinal fortitude to substantiate the claims that I never made.

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Will do. Your posts are great for that purpose.
    Very respectful. Your opinion is the only one that matters to you.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

  24. #49
    Forum Member
    DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
    It means more to DaSharkie and I because we live here... I have been inundated with phone calls in the last week from both the Brown and Coakley camps. Coakley's callers were negative towards Brown. The Brown callers merely asked for my vote.

    I am neither a Democrat or Republican, nor a liberal (although I have been accused of being by sone of the extreme right posters here) or a conservative (although I have been accused of being by some of the extreme left posters here).

    Coakley fired the first salvo in the negative ad war that she approved of.

    Brown answered with an ad saying that the only way that Martha could bring him down was to go negative. That made an impact on a lot of people.

    Martha making statements like "Curt Shilling is a Yankee Fan", "there are no Taliban in Afghanistan" and "what do they expect me to do.. campaign at Fenway Park".. make her look clueless.

    She thought she could waltz into the Senate with a large margin of victory.. the RNC on the state and national level just about conceded the seat.

    Surprise! Brown busted his hump and worked hard for where he is today.

    Tomorrow will be very interesting....

    The left and right wing PACS have been buying ad time left and right... the radio, television stations and newspapers are making a small fortune selling ads and air time.
    A most excellent post Deputy. We care because we live here. Our desires as residents in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts are the only ones that matter. We, as individual voters, are responsible - good or bad - for what occurs tomorrow. We are the only ones that matter in this election.

    We cannot watch a freaking show on TV without hearing a ridiculous amount of negative ads. In the last week the DSCC and a host of other groups have come out blasting Scott Brown, casting him in a negative light.

    Martha Coakley fired the first salvo, and her accusations were proven wrong. Her statement that Catholics should not work in an Emergency Department have royally p!$$ed off a lot of people in this state - a largely Catholic state.

    http://www.bostonherald.com/news/pol...icleid=1225965

    She accused Curt Schilling of being a Yankee fan, which is a dangerous statement - it may seem trivial, but a lot of people have shaken her head.

    Her statement that Al Qaeda is no longer in Afghanistan show her gross lack of understanding given the deaths of several CIA employees - including one from a town near me and Gonzo - and the deaths of 3 soldiers in Afghanistan the VERY DAY she made the statement are not endearing a lot of folks. It shows, as I said, a lack of understanding of the matter.

    I have yet to receive one of these "robo-calls" that the good Deputy speaks of, however I know many that have. And Gonzo's statements about the critical and demeaning posture of Martha Coakley's are true from what I hear from friends, family, and co-workers.

    I hope that Scott Brown does keep an independent view, as he has said. Especially given the way the state Republican party and the RNC treated him for most of this election. Tell them to bugger off since they only come riding to the scene after he has done all the heavy lifting on his own.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

  25. #50
    Forum Member
    DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    Chief, how would you have liked to have been a fly on Schilling's wall when heard that? He has made it well known that he does not care for the Yankee organization. Her saying that must've been like slapping him in the face.
    I agree. And I hate professional sports. But on top of a slap to him, it was a slap in the face to every die hard Red Sox fan here in Massachusetts - and you can't swing a dead cat here in Massachusetts without hitting a Red Sox fan.

    Even if it was a joke - it fell quite flat.

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    Wasn't there talk awhile back about Schilling running for Congress?
    There was. He briefly contemplated running the current U. S. Senate vacancy, as a Republican, but opted not to. However he has never concealed his desire to serve as an elected official on the state or national level.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 First 12345 ... Last

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Two Long-Term Dems to Retire
    By DaSharkie in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 12:32 PM
  2. I am scared now
    By JohnVBFD in forum Fireground Tactics
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 05-07-2007, 12:56 AM
  3. Are you scared ???
    By AxeHole in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-17-2005, 05:40 AM
  4. Scared to climb the stick.
    By Engine7 Ladder1 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 08-29-2002, 12:39 PM
  5. ANYONE SCARED OF DIEING IN A FIRE!!
    By DFD132 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 04-02-2001, 03:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register