Forum Member

Better question: why do you people continue to have this pointless debate? Get over it and move on already.

Excellent question.

I have no idea why folks are so interested in my intestinal fortitude, or the lack of it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    It's amazing how some folks here think they have the right to judge the actions of others in these situations.
    I cannot believe you just said that.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    I cannot believe you just said that.
    That is EXACTLY what I thought. That's why he is, and always will be, nothing more than a f*ucking pot stirer.

MembersZone Subscriber

When operating on the clock or as a volunteer with my own department, I do have the obligation, both moral and legal, to perform my job and take reasonable risks.
    And I don't feel it's fair to take those risks when not protected. It's simply not fair to my family.
    Just a note, but do you realize with that statement you admit to violating federal labor laws? You are a supervisor/officer with in your department correct? Do you think that puts your family's security in jeopardy? I was just wondering.

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Your an idiot.

Perhaps.

No, absolutely for sure and this post proves it once again.

But each and every actions come with a set of consequences. It's up to each of us to make the decision to act, or not act, based on if we are willing to accept those consequences if things go wrong.

Frankly, how do you ever act at any emergency scene? The very nature of the job of a firefighter puts us in harms way. Obviously we make informed decisions but we still must place ourselves in harms way. It is impossible to do this job properly and not do that.

To simply expect that anyone should act automatically is simply wrong. They simply may not be able to accept the consequences of their actions.

Then they are far too cold or cowardly to call themselves a human being. How do you standby and watch a child burn to death in a car and not make an attempt? How do you standby and watch elderly people die when they are obviously savable and not make an attempt? No one is saying commit suicide, what we are saying is if the possibility for a rescue is there then the attemot must be made. I couldn't live with myself if my only reasons for not trying were I am off duty or it isn't my community. My mind set has always been I am never really off duty and if my services are needed I will do my best.

It's amazing how some folks here think they have the right to judge the actions of others in these situations.

Seriously, how do you face ourself in the mirror? you are such a complete ****ing hypocrite with this comment by you that it is almost unbelievable. You have judged guys for making rescues without gear as wreckless, you have said you would discipline a guy who makes a grab out of a window of an infnt because he didn't have his helmet on, you have REPEATEDLY desecrated the memory of LODD's because you judged their actions wrong by your standards. You have judged so many times that it is ludicrous for you to even make the statement above.
    Just shaking my head at you and your overwhelming hypocrisy
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Forum Member

And again, it's certainly not like a brother to judge one's actions based on what you would do. Or on the expectation of a culture.

Then that affirms everyone's knowledge that you aren't a brother, CONSIDERING YOU DO IT EVERY SINGLE DAY OF YOUR MISERABLE EXISTENCE.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ATFDFF View Post
    Then that affirms everyone's knowledge that you aren't a brother, CONSIDERING YOU DO IT EVERY SINGLE DAY OF YOUR MISERABLE EXISTENCE.
    A-F*UCKING-MEN

And fyred, your third statement in red is EXACTLY what I was trying to get at. You hit it on the head.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by SPFDRum View Post
    My family would. They have understood from day 1 that I would risk laying my life down for another. It comes with learning, knowing, and accepting the job. Now before you chicken s h i t s jump on your high horse and defend your cowardly ways, lets get this straight. I am not talking going off half ****ed in some in some completely obvious lose, lose situation. But using my experience, knowledge, and skill to make a decision with a positive outcome. But in order to gain the experience and skills required, it takes a certain risk. To do anything less is is either being a poser for some sick reason, or worse, a coward.
    EXACTLY! Well said.
    FTM-PTB-RFB
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Remind me to stay of of Bossier Parrish. Do the citizens there know that they are on thier own and no one is coming for them when they need it most? How do you look at yourself in the mirror?
    Last edited by JMac73; 01-19-2010 at 11:29 PM.

Forum Member

This is the same guy who openly admitted that he would leave a kid inside car that was on fire to burn to death because he didn't want to get a burn on his arm that his insurance might not cover. And he says it with a straight face.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member
    A Great place USA, which means not West Coast...!

LA, I hope I never meet you...
    FDNY 343 9/11/01 WILL Never Forget!

(W-6)

"We Lucky Few We Band of Brothers." William Shakespeare

"let no man's ghost return to say his training let him down. "

D-P-T

Forum Member

But each and every actions come with a set of consequences......
    The out come on that is the same as if you went to work(assuming you do Fight Fire). Don't even try to duck that one.

Is there any one else that would not have made that same choice?
    Courage, Being Scared to Death and Saddling Up anyways.

Forum Member

[B]
    When I'm not on the job or not acting as a volunteer in my district, I am a civilian.

I owe nothing to the citizens of a community that does not pay my salary.

You Sir are a Amazing..... That type of thinking is a F*ucking disgusting existence, How can you say that you owe nothing to your fellow man? especially one in need.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TruckSixFF View Post
    LA, I hope I never meet you becuase if I do I am going to kick your ***.
    And 1,000 witnesses from fh.com would give the same statement to the police.... "Yes officer, he tripped over that hose and fell right on his face. Looked like it hurt something fierce. He must not be used to having a hose line deployed on the fireground and wasn't watching his step."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhacker View Post
    You Sir are a Amazing..... That type of thinking is a F*ucking disgusting existence, How can you say that you owe nothing to your fellow man? especially one in need.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    And 1,000 witnesses from fh.com would give the same statement to the police.... "Yes officer, he tripped over that hose and fell right on his face. Looked like it hurt something fierce. He must not be used to having a hose line deployed on the fireground and wasn't watching his step."
    I think the damage I would do to him would look a lot worse then if he fell over some hose...

(W-6)

D-P-T

Forum Member

Well it was very unfortunate that he just happened to land in the staging area for various hand tools such as axes and haligan bars.... which btw is probably the closest he'd ever come to any of them as well.

Forum Member

haha very true.

(W-6)

D-P-T

Forum Member

I thank you Sir, and glad some one else thinks like that.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post
    If they can't accept the consequences of their actions, they should be a plumber. Or a volunteer plumber.

When you start out along this merry path we call firefighting, you should know up front what it entails. If it is not for you, then find another job.
    very good way to sum it up.

MembersZone Subscriber

The way I feel about it is if you are a firefighter or medic or police officer and are either at the scene of an emergency off-duty or come across and emergency off-duty and you do nothing about it you should have criminal charges brought against you. I will admit, when I have gear on with a hose line and I am about to go into a fire, I am scared out of mind. I am physically afraid of what might happen. But at the same time something inside of me gives me the courage to fight through that fear and do what has to be done. I know it sounds cliché, but I am being honest.

So what, you may not be able to make a grab but at least you tried. Perfect example….
    About a month ago there was a house that caught on fire. The first officer on scene was also a volunteer firefighter. When he arrived on scene a neighbor was trying to kick in the front door because he knew an elderly lady lived in the house. They got the door open and could see the lady about 10 feet into the door. There was intense heat and smoke and the officer and the neighbor had every intention to go in and get her. Unfortunately before they could go in the roof began to collapse. It was an old house and went up fast. So they were not able to save her, but at least they tried something. For that he is a hero in my book.

It is totally ridiculous and unacceptable that someone who is a trained emergency responder would refuse care or aid to someone who needs it.

LA, I want you to think about this hard. One day you’re going to grow old. Imagine you are home and your house catches on fire and nobody does anything to save you. Imagine you get into a car accident and you are burning alive and nobody does anything to save you. Imagine you’re having a heart attack and nobody does anything to help you.

You say you have no obligation to anyone if you are off the clock. That statement sickens me. I am sitting at dispatch eating some leftover pasta and when I read that comment I became so mad it almost sickened me. If that is your stand then you are a ****ing disgrace to the entire fire service and I hope God remembers that statement when you pass on. If that is your place then you have no business being in the PROTECTIVE SERVICES.
    Its *******s like you that is dragging the fire service down. I feel sorry for your state, community and department that allow you to call yourself a firefighter. I wonder how the citizens of your community would feel knowing that their local fire service would refuse to help them unless they were “on the clock”.

I’m going to stop now before I say something I don’t need to…..

MembersZone Subscriber

By the way, I am volunteer. My department is 100% volunteer. We recieve no pay for what we do. When I respond to a call it's my own gas. When I clean the fire station, I do it on my own time. When I am on the scene of an emergency I am opertating 100% FOR FREE. And let me tell you, I LOVE what I do. There are some things in life that are more important than money like......SOMEONES LIFE.

Forum Member

Hey LAiDioT, If you were somewhere out of state on vacation or whatever and someone had a medical emergency at a restaurant or something, would you help them? Or are you too afraid of liability, disease, bad breath, dandruff, and breaking a sweat?

Forum Member

...It's amazing how some folks here think they have the right to judge the actions of others in these situations.
    That's a great line for a signature.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Thread Information