Forum Member

Hey LAiDioT, If you were somewhere out of state on vacation or whatever and someone had a medical emergency at a restaurant or something, would you help them? Or are you too afraid of liability, disease, bad breath, dandruff, and breaking a sweat?

So where exactly did I say I wouldn't help with a medical emergency?

Please quote it.

Forum Member

By the way, I am volunteer. My department is 100% volunteer. We recieve no pay for what we do. When I respond to a call it's my own gas. When I clean the fire station, I do it on my own time. When I am on the scene of an emergency I am opertating 100% FOR FREE. And let me tell you, I LOVE what I do. There are some things in life that are more important than money like......SOMEONES LIFE.

Tell that to the widow and children of a firefighter who is killed operating out of his jurisdiction as they lose the car and the house.

We don't live in a vacum. Maybe you don;'t think about your family, but I know on the job or as a volunteer in my district, they will be taken care of between federal/state LODD benefits and FD benefits. If I get killed out of my district that's not the case.

They are my priority.

We all live with our choices.

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by KevinFFVFD View Post
    LA, I want you to think about this hard. One day you’re going to grow old. Imagine you are home and your house catches on fire and nobody does anything to save you. Imagine you get into a car accident and you are burning alive and nobody does anything to save you. Imagine you’re having a heart attack and nobody does anything to help you.
    Kevin,

He already said he would let his own family burn to death if the conditions were what he deemed too dangerous for him to enter. He further said he would stop firefighters from entering if he felt it was too dangerous.

If he is willing to so easily write off his family there is no reasoning with him on this issue. He will reason it away by calculating imaginary risks or saying if they are off duy they have no duty to respond to his emergency.

It is pointless to try and use this type of scenario with a guy that is this blinded by his own meglomaniacal agenda.
    Last edited by FyredUp; 01-20-2010 at 09:48 AM.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    So where exactly did I say I wouldn't help with a medical emergency?

Please quote it.
    I didn't, I'm asking you if you would. Since you don't do much else, I'm wondering what your stance is on acting in your capacity as EMS professional outside your town/city/state.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

He already said he would let his own family burn to death if the conditions were what he deemed to dangerous for him to enter. He further said he would stop firefighters from entering if he felt it was too dangerous.

Incorrect Sir.

I never stated that I would allow my own family to burn to death if conditions were too dangerous. I would do anything to save my family. They are my family and are my responsibility.

However, I did say that I would stop firefighters from entering the structure. I also did say that I would hold absolutly no ill will towards firefighters that decided to not make entry on a structure in which memebers of my family were.

I would be able to live with my family dying in a fire. It happens. I would have a very tough tough time living with myself if (a) firefighter(s) were killed rescueing or attempting to rescue my family. They are not thier responsibility.

Forum Member

He already said he would let his own family burn to death if the conditions were what he deemed to dangerous for him to enter. He further said he would stop firefighters from entering if he felt it was too dangerous.

Incorrect Sir.

I never stated that I would allow my own family to burn to death if conditions were too dangerous. I would do anything to save my family. They are my family and are my responsibility.

However, I did say that I would stop firefighters from entering the structure. I also did say that I would hold absolutly no ill will towards firefighters that decided to not make entry on a structure in which memebers of my family were.

I would be able to live with my family dying in a fire. It happens. I would have a very tough tough time living with myself if (a) firefighter(s) were killed rescueing or attempting to rescue my family. They are not thier responsibility.
    I disagree. As soon as you call for help, it becomes the responsibilty of the fire department to put out the fire, and rescue victims. You called for help. Meaning you can't handle it on your own. So it becomes the responsibilty of someone trained to complete the task at hand.

Forum Member

I would be able to live with my family dying in a fire. It happens.
    Did anyone else just throw up on their keyboard?
    Last edited by nmfire; 01-20-2010 at 10:21 AM.

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Incorrect Sir.

If I cared enough I could go back and find where you said it. It doesn't matter all that much. We all know you wouldn't enter anyways.

Yeah, yeah, we have heard it all before. Blah, blah, blah.

Frankly, if you did that I would hope the fire chief would have you arrested for obstruction and if I was the police chief I would demand a criminal investigation into the cause of the fire and EXACTLY how your family died. Because to me your actions would seem incredibly suspicious and unusual.

You would be able to live with your family dieing in a fire? Because it happens? But you couldn't live with yourself if a firefighter was killed in the attempt to save them? Seriously, I am beginning to question your mental stability. Does your wife know you are this unfeeling about them dieing in a fire? Do your children know? I would bet they wouldn't be too happy with you if they did know how unfeeling you seem to be about them.
    You are such a phony and a hypocrite that ANYTHING and EVERYTHING you say is suspect and not to be taken seriously by anyone.

Nice job making yourself even more irrelevant than you previously were.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TruckSixFF View Post
    I think the damage I would do to him would look a lot worse then if he fell over some hose...
    But our witness statement would be the SAME! T.C.

Forum Member

By the way, I am volunteer. My department is 100% volunteer. We recieve no pay for what we do. When I respond to a call it's my own gas. When I clean the fire station, I do it on my own time. When I am on the scene of an emergency I am opertating 100% FOR FREE. And let me tell you, I LOVE what I do. There are some things in life that are more important than money like......SOMEONES LIFE.

Tell that to the widow and children of a firefighter who is killed operating out of his jurisdiction as they lose the car and the house.

We don't live in a vacum. Maybe you don;'t think about your family, but I know on the job or as a volunteer in my district, they will be taken care of between federal/state LODD benefits and FD benefits. If I get killed out of my district that's not the case.

They are my priority.

APPARENTLY SOME of US(YOU) DO! And it isn't me NOR the rest of my BROTHERS? How's Burger King looking to you? T.C.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    Did anyone else just throw up on their keyboard?
    Nope,got a trash can right next to mine,T.C.

Forum Member

Incorrect Sir.

I'd put money on you being the only person in the history of forever saying this. Do you even have family? Do give a **** about them?
    I would be able to live with my family dying in a fire. It happens. I would have a very tough tough time living with myself if (a) firefighter(s) were killed rescueing or attempting to rescue my family.
    where the **** are your priorities man? You've got to be kidding me. You seriously disgust me to no end. I hope your wife knows how little you car about your familys well being.

They are not thier responsibility.
    And I already covered this last point. I think you need to reevaluate your priorities. Firefighter lives are very important, but you better believe that the lives of my family come before anyone elses, including my own.

Forum Member

They are my priority.

So what you're saying is that you haven't bothered to purchase sufficient life insurance to take care of your family in case you were killed in some sort of accident either?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireEMT712 View Post
    lol why would anyone tank on these guys? Great job to them and thanks for sharing this!
    Apparently son, you're new 'round these parts...
    No good deed goes unpunished

Forum Member

I didn't, I'm asking you if you would. Since you don't do much else, I'm wondering what your stance is on acting in your capacity as EMS professional outside your town/city/state.
    Still waiting.

makes good girls go bad

This man was prepared to give his life for his comrades.
    L/Cpl Matthew Croucher, 24, was described by the head of the military Sir Jock Stirrup as the "exceptional among the exceptional" for the actions which saw him receive the highest gallantry award.

His mother Margaret and father Richard, said their son's modesty meant they had only found out about the grenade incident after it appeared in the newspapers a few weeks after the incident in February.

"My reaction was 'That's simply Matthew'," his mother said. "There have been so many incidents in private life where he has always put people first."

During a covert pre-dawn patrol to investigate a Taliban bomb factory the Marine walked through a tripwire that sent a grenade rolling to the ground.

Realising it would have covered his three other comrades "head to toe" in shrapnel the Marine jumped chest down onto the bomb.

But a split second later he realised his injuires would be less if he took the blast in his back and rolled over.

After the announcement of the award L/Cpl Croucher recounted the seconds he spent lying on the bomb waiting for it to detonate.

"I had that horrible feeling in my stomach like when you were younger and in loads of trouble. It was a feeling of horror, lying there waiting for it go 'bang'".

"It took only four or five seconds to go off but it felt like an eternity. I thought that was the end."

He added: "If I had my time again I would probably do the same thing.

The action required "extraordinary clarity of thought and remarkable composure" his citation read.

The commando decided not to seek "protection for himself but to attempt to shield the other members of his team from the impending explosion".

Showing a "complete disregard for his own safety" the commando was "quite prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice for his fellow Marines".

Miraculously the Marine's Osprey body armour and contents of his backpack saved him from the lethal shards.

The section commander, Cpl Adam Lesley, who was standing up, suffered a shrapnel wound to his nose and L/Cpl Croucher received a bleeding nose but refused medical evacuation.

L/Cpl Croucher said the incident was one of about a dozen in which he had come close to death after serving in Afghanistan and in Iraq three times.

He had been in roadside bomb that did not properly detonate, a rocket propelled grenade attack and had a bullet hit the butt of his rifle during a firefight. The Birmingham-based serviceman, who runs a risk management business while also serving in the Royal Marine Reserves, has been in more than 100 contacts with the enemy and accounted for at least a dozen Taliban during his tour of Afghanistan last year.

The George Cross ranks alongside the Victoria Cross as the highest decoration for acts of gallantry.

The only difference is that the GC is awarded for acts not in the presence of the enemy, but the level of heroism required for the two honours is the same.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

makes good girls go bad

So did this man.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacklyn_H._Lucas

This man gave his life, SO OTHERS MIGHT LIVE!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_R._Caddy

The 343 FDNY Members gave their lives evacuating the towers, before they fell. Saved 10s of thousands.

Putting our lives on the line is a part of the job. Deal with it, or go wait tables, pansy ***.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Forum Member

LA read this http://www.fireacademy.org/Wall-of-H...hane-Kelly.pdf

this guy had B!^^s as big as church bells. it sucks that he died but in turn we got the Gov to sign a law that gave us automatic state wide mutual aid ANY time we are functuining in an emergency capacity. Iam sure most states have someting like this.

Also do the people in your department know what you spew on here? Does you chief suppport you i.e is he a p*##y too? How do you keep the public from knowing wjat kind of danger you retsrds are putting them in? Mabey this stems from there being no "Standards" as you say in your state? How do you still have a job? Mabey we need a press release or someting.

Forum Member

I'm hoping he is the only one in his department like him. I can't imagine its possible to breed more than one of him every 100 years. Although we do have BirdBrain57, but he's a different kind of stupid.

Still waiting.

Forum Member

This man was prepared to give his life for his comrades.

Military/combat enviroment has nothing to dow ith this discussion.

this guy had B!^^s as big as church bells. it sucks that he died but in turn we got the Gov to sign a law that gave us automatic state wide mutual aid ANY time we are functuining in an emergency capacity. Iam sure most states have someting like this

Nothing like that in LA. It would be nice though.

So what you're saying is that you haven't bothered to purchase sufficient life insurance to take care of your family in case you were killed in some sort of accident either?

My life insurance coverage is adequate. Probably could be uped a little bit though.

Also do the people in your department know what you spew on here? Does you chief suppport you i.e is he a p*##y too? How do you keep the public from knowing wjat kind of danger you retsrds are putting them in? Mabey this stems from there being no "Standards" as you say in your state? How do you still have a job? Mabey we need a press release or someting.

Doubt my Chief would give a damn if I would make a rescue or even lift a finger off-duty and out of the district.

I have absolutly no markings, stickers or lights on my POV and rarely wear any FD shirts.

He cares about what I do on the job, which is my job. He has no problems with how I perform, eiother on the firground or in my admin capicity. He understands that I am more conservative and less aggressive than the majority of our personnel. I make no bones about that around here. Again, he respects that.

Forum Member

nm ..

As I have stated before, I have and would assist at a medical emergency wherever I am as long as the scene was safe.

Forum Member

The 343 FDNY Members gave their lives evacuating the towers, before they fell. Saved 10s of thousands.

On the job. How many of those 343 were volunteers acting out of district with no protection for thier famalies?

We are discussing an off the clock situation.

Forum Member

nm ..

As I have stated before, I have and would assist at a medical emergency wherever I am as long as the scene was safe.
    Really? You know you might break a sweat, catch a cold, and could be sued and ruin your family forever, right?

Forum Member

On the job. How many of those 343 were volunteers acting out of district with no protection for thier famalies?

We are discussing an off the clock situation.
    Seem to remember a story about an FDNY Resuce that was being picked up or something
    at FDIC. The boys were rolling thru Indy and started chasing smoke. Went onscene and went to work. So, Iam gunna say you're wrong on that one.

Forum Member

jmac..

What does that have to do with 9/11?

Some facts would be nice if you want to discuss it.

Thread Information