Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
    Forum Member

The stupidity out of La never ceases to amaze me. I feel sorry for the residents of Bossier Parish.

Your logic is so flawed that I am left baffled how anyone would be willing to pay you to even take out the trash.

William Thomas Franklin !!!!!!!!!!
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Forum Member

Yup. Caught again by a stalker.

I taught one year before being offered the job by the fire department, and I am probably the only public educator in the state that has a teaching certification and actual classroom time in the school system.

I am actually quite proud of what i bring to the table in terms of pub ed.

Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    I am speechless...simply speechless

Speechless because I hold the public responsible for doing what they should do to escape a fire or because I care enough about the firefighters I work and volunteer with, and that I feel it is only right they return home to their families rather than save mine in an extreme situation, and possibly be seriously injured or killed in the effort?

My brothers deserve to live. They should not do anything beyond the norm to rescue my family. That would be pure selfishness on my part.
    I am speechless because after being here for almost 4 years and over 4K posts.. you still haven't figured out how to use the quote function.

Despite all of ones best efforts in fire education, teaching home escape plans, etc. ... when there is a real fire, people panic and the lessons learned may be forgotten... that's human nature.

99.99% of the firefighters I know would move heaven and earth to save a family member of one of our own.

99.99% of the firefighters I know would move heaven and earth to save a family member of a total stranger.

For someone to write off a family member while watching their house burn... that is insanity.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

I taught one year before being offered the job by the fire department, and I am probably the only public educator in the state that has a teaching certification and actual classroom time in the school system.

Not a stalker, simple goggle search.

However, this is once again another fine example of the old adage ..... Those you can ... do ....... those who can't .. teach.

Forum Member

I am speechless because after being here for almost 4 years and over 4K posts.. you still haven't figured out how to use the quote function.

Sometimes ya just can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Forum Member

I should try that.

I wonder what I'll find?

Hopefully my tryst with Jennifer Lopez won't become public knowledge.

I should try that.

I wonder what I'll find?

Hopefully my tryst with Jennifer Lopez won't become public knowledge.
    You wouldnt have to worry about that......She is hot and unsafe to make entry in your book.
    Buck
    Assistant Chief/EMT-B

Forum Member

Just gonna leave that post alone.

Forum Member

What do you teach in pub ed ? Dont start a fire in your house because i will let you and your family die?

Forum Member

What do you teach in pub ed ? Dont start a fire in your house because i will let you and your family die?

No.

But I do stress that fire can move quickly enough, that if you are unprepared, you and your family can easily be killed before the arrival of the fire department.

Being a primarily rural area, response times can be up to 8-9 minutes for the first engine and another 5-7 for the next due engine. Fact is, more often than not if they haven't escaped by the time we arrive, they are likely dead or no longer viable. I stress that they have to be prepared and do what they need to do to increase their odds due to the fact that they live in a rural area.

In other words, I teach that getting out of the house is your responsibility and you should not rely on the fire department to do that.

Smoke detectors - installing, testing and maintaining. keeping bedroom doors closed. Fire drills in the home. Safe cooking and heating practices. All things I teach and all the things included in teaching America how to be responsible for their own fire safety.

Somehow the fire service has gotten away from teaching that people are responsible for their firesafety.

Forum Member

In other words, I teach that getting out of the house is your responsibility and you should not rely on the fire department to do that.

So what about people who are physically challenged or not able to get out on their own? They are just written off? They are not worth even attempting to rescue? Guess not if you would let your OWN family die. I would rather get hurt trying to make a grab than look at myself in the mirror for the rest of my life and know I was being a pu$$. I know the other brothers on here feel the same.

Forum Member

So what about people who are physically challenged or not able to get out on their own? They are just written off? They are not worth even attempting to rescue? Guess not if you would let your OWN family die. I would rather get hurt trying to make a grab than look at myself in the mirror for the rest of my life and know I was being a pu$$. I know the other brothers on here feel the same.

Grabbing at straws?

Where did I ever say, anywhere, that I would not make a reasonable attempt to perform a rescue?

Find the quote.

I am sure I have been at this a lot longer than you. I know reasonable v. unreasonable risk. I know viable rescue situations v. non-viable.

I do what I do well, but my end goal is always to get myself and my crew back to thier famalies, unhurt.
    WE ALL GO HOME. ALWAYS.

Forum Member

Grabbing at straws?

Where did I ever say, anywhere, that I would not make a reasonable attempt to perform a rescue?

Find the quote.

I am sure I have been at this a lot longer than you. I know reasonable v. unreasonable risk. I know viable rescue situations v. non-viable.

I do what I do well, but my end goal is always to get myself and my crew back to thier famalies, unhurt.
    WE ALL GO HOME. ALWAYS.
    Dude, you may have been doing this longer than i have but i doubt you do it better than I do. I have only 12 yrs experience compared to you 30 (so you say) but i worked on one of the busiest Engines in the country for several years. I know about risk analysis. I have a wife and a kid, Iam not stupid i want to come home in the morning. But sometimes you have to push it. You may have more sheepskind on your wall (actually I dont do to bad in that department either) but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off. You are a MUTT and don't belong here among my brothers who have more pride for the job in their littel finger than you have in your whole body. You cant do the job, you wont do the job. Your years of experience dont mean SCHIT because you are PU##) who does not deserve to put on a uniform. You are a disgrace to OUR brotherhood. GFY!!
    Last edited by JMac73; 01-20-2010 at 10:28 PM.

Find the quote.

The problem is, your definition of reasonable is so far off the norm its ridiculous.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue601 View Post

However, this is once again another fine example of the old adage ..... Those you can ... do ....... those who can't .. teach.
    THE FOLLOWING MOVIE PREVIEW HAS BEEN APPROVED FOR IDIOTIC AUDIENCES...

Are you ready....???

When emergencies happen, seconds count... *flash to scene of crying young kid, pants darkening--an even age-ier, balder, fatter Danny DeVito tryin to carry the kid to the restroom*

When lives are in the balance, training matters... *lil Suzie stands across the room from Danny, holding a play-doh "knife" to her wrist, standing on a bench and crying, threatening to jump 3 feet to her doom, Danny calmly trying to talk her down*

When things go south... *the "cookies" young Mary was baking in the play-doh oven are smoking, a few thin wisps of smoke coming out of the oven door, Danny DeVito's eyes are like saucers* "OH. MY. GOD!!!! It's an IDLH atmosphere and I don't have my SCBA or PPE!!!" *he runs out the door, abandoning the wailing 5 yr olds, and "stages" in front of the school, talking on the radio, telling the incoming units to go defensive* .... he goes running!

ONE coward...
    ONE desire...
    ONE solution...

COMING THIS SUMMER, LAFireImitator IS....
    Kindergarten Firefighter

My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

IACOJ--West Coast PITA

Forum Member

http://www.firehero.org/resources/benefits/la.html

You are covered, no excuse now unless you don't want to get your new dress dirty...

Quote Originally Posted by the1141man View Post
    THE FOLLOWING MOVIE PREVIEW HAS BEEN APPROVED FOR IDIOTIC AUDIENCES...

Are you ready....???

When emergencies happen, seconds count... *flash to scene of crying young kid, pants darkening--an even age-ier, balder, fatter Danny DeVito tryin to carry the kid to the restroom*

When lives are in the balance, training matters... *lil Suzie stands across the room from Danny, holding a play-doh "knife" to her wrist, standing on a bench and crying, threatening to jump 3 feet to her doom, Danny calmly trying to talk her down*

When things go south... *the "cookies" young Mary was baking in the play-doh oven are smoking, a few thin wisps of smoke coming out of the oven door, Danny DeVito's eyes are like saucers* "OH. MY. GOD!!!! It's an IDLH atmosphere and I don't have my SCBA or PPE!!!" *he runs out the door, abandoning the wailing 5 yr olds, and "stages" in front of the school, talking on the radio, telling the incoming units to go defensive* .... he goes running!

ONE coward...
    ONE desire...
    ONE solution...

COMING THIS SUMMER, LAFireImitator IS....
    Kindergarten Firefighter

Ha HA HA, you just made me spit coffee all over my screen and keyboard. Crap, where did I put the paper towels at?
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BULL321 View Post
    Ha HA HA, you just made me spit coffee all over my screen and keyboard. Crap, where did I put the paper towels at?
    You used em all up cleaning up Imitator's bull$#1t, remember?
    My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

IACOJ--West Coast PITA

Thread Information