Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast
    Forum Member

Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Would you provide less than 100% effort on an EMS call if you found the patient was a drug abuser.

Always have and always will.
    You are truly a pu$sy. And a disgrace.
    Addiction is a disease. How about you do a little educating of yourself you fcuking pansy. How dare you! How dare you provide a lesser level of service just because of their socia-economic conditions?!
    What if they are black?
    A hott woman?
    A hott man? (well, we know you wont touch the woman, but clip and strip the man, so that theory is out...)
    I am sure your DOH would LOVE to see, this, as would your Chief, and the citizens of your area.

Whoever found out this MUTTs real ID, PM me.
    Now this has gone too far

So exactly where did I say I would provide a lesser degree of care in this post?

A Great place USA, which means not West Coast...!

Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Yes it is.

It's a personal choice, and nobody should be held accountable if they choose not too.

And I have stated that it's highly unlikely I would intervene in some, if not most, of the situations posted.
    Because you are a coward puss*. Your job title says "Firefighter/EMT-B/EMT-P" for a reason. Why don't you do us all a favor and 1.) leave the forms forever 2.) quit your job so innocent civilians do not die because of your stupid,timid, unorthodox ****e* up tactics. and finally 3.) put a bullet in your head. Thank you and have a nice day!
    FDNY 343 9/11/01 WILL Never Forget!

(W-6)

"We Lucky Few We Band of Brothers." William Shakespeare

"let no man's ghost return to say his training let him down. "

D-P-T

Would you provide less than 100% effort on an EMS call if you found the patient was a drug abuser.

Right there, ******bag.
    Less then 100% is NOT providing the same care!
    You are a disgrace to the uniform and my career.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Forum Member

Naaaaaaaaaa.

Yes it is.

It's a personal choice, and nobody should be held accountable if they choose not too.

And I have stated that it's highly unlikely I would intervene in some, if not most, of the situations posted.
    and you have also called others cowboys, dinosaurs, etc..for doing what you wouldnt. What happened to personal choice?
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Forum Member

Guess I should have read the question.

NO.

Not that it's really any of your business anyway.

Forum Member

and you have also called others cowboys, dinosaurs, etc..for doing what you wouldnt. What happened to personal choice?

It's still thier choice.

And then why is someone who has made the choice, or more than likely would make the choice not to intervene a coward?

Can't have it both ways.

Off-duty personnel have no business engaging in cowboy activities. If one of my firefighters did this they wiould get a dressing down from me. While others on my department would likely consider them a hero see do not see them that way.

What the **** does that say? So now your a coward, a troll, and a LIAR. Wanna try and spin this one in your favor?

How about right there!?!?!?!

Forum Member

Off-duty personnel have no business engaging in cowboy activities. If one of my firefighters did this they wiould get a dressing down from me. While others on my department would likely consider them a hero see do not see them that way.

You are right, I did use the phrase "dressing down".

Probably a bad choice of words. Probably better phrase would be more like a very heated discussion.

In other words, I would express my feelings about the risk he put his family at in no uncertain terms.

If you want to call that back peddling, so be it.

Forum Member

How about right there!?!?!?!

Mis-read the question.

It happens. If you don't beleive it, no big deal.

You are right, I did use the phrase "dressing down".

Probably a bad choice of words. Probably better phrase would be more like a very heated discussion.

In other words, I would express my feelings about the risk he put his family at in no uncertain terms.

If you want to call that back peddling, so be it.
    Yeah, ill call that back peddling, and I'm sure the majority of people would too.

This ought to be in the hands of every supervisor you have, the Chief of the department that you pickup a paycheck from (Notice I did not say member of) and every media outlet in your area.

Maybe it will be.

You are a disgrace.

Forum Member

Honest mistake.

Believe that if you want.

Forum Member

All this crap over one off-duty out of district situation.

Amazing.

Most of you guys really need to get a life.

And how many of the career guys volunteer in their communities off-hours? Don't your communities deserve the use of your skills off-duty in the same as you wanted me to us my skills off-duty in another community?

Can't have it both ways.

MembersZone Subscriber

All this crap over one off-duty out of district situation.

Amazing.

Most of you guys really need to get a life.

And how many of the career guys volunteer in their communities off-hours Don't your communities deserve the use of your skills off-duty in the same as you wanted me to us my skills off-duty in another community?

Can't have it both ways.
    I cannot speak for anyone except myself, but when I jump in "off duty" and handle a fire related or EMS call that does qualify as "volunteering". The part about doing the job without being compensated give it away.
    There are several other areas I volunteer. I gave away 63 computers I receive via donation, to low income high school kids in 2009. I collect bicycles to be fix and given away a Christmas time. There are other think I do but I believe I made my point.

MembersZone Subscriber KevinFFVFD's Avatar

And how many of the career guys volunteer in their communities off-hours? Don't your communities deserve the use of your skills off-duty in the same as you wanted me to us my skills off-duty in another community?

Can't have it both ways.
    My volunteer fire department has a career firefighter who volunteers on his off time, an EMT-B and a Paramedic from the local career department as well who volunteers on their off time. Believe it or not, we also have 3 local police officers who are on our department as well that volunteer in their off time.

Another county volunteer fire department has a member or the local career department on their department as well as 2 local police officers.

Again, yet another county volunteer fire department has a local career firefighter/paramedic and a paramedic on their department that volunteer in their off time.
    2009 Warren County Firefighter of the Year

MembersZone Subscriber

LA, how dare you "dress down" or have a heated discussion with a member of your department about how them making a decision on their day off that saved
    another human beings life be something they should think about harder next time. You are a freaking coward disgrace to the fire service. If you ever said anything like that to me after I saved someones life, I would probably tell you to Fu@k off and punch you square in the face. Coward!

Forum Member

Do they have a legal duty to act in Louisana? Are you required to do SOMETHING?

MembersZone Subscriber

Angry

If I made the decision to act and god forbid, something happened to me, I know that my family and my wife would understand why I did what I did. Stuff happens, and sometimes firefighters die. Thats just the nature of the job, but not to act, is pathetic. If you choose not to act because something bad could happen to you, then you should never leave your house. You might have a wreck. I am sure that you are in tip top shape also since a main killer of firefighters is heart attacks. Stuff happens, always will. But to not act when a human being can be saved is the most cowardly thing you can do. Almost makes me sick. Risk alittle to save alittle, risk a lot to save a lot. Right? Last time I checked, a life that can be saved constitutes a lot. How you can tell someone that saved someone elses life that they might not have made a good decision and should of thought about their family more just dumbfounds me, if that's a word!

Thread Information