Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inspiration

Forum Member

Default Inspiration

I was looking for some inspiration, But couldn't really find anything that helped.

So, I write this, and I would like you all to tell me what you think.

I am a firefighter
    I am a Firefighter, Not for what I do, But for I am doing.
    For That, I save the lives of the innocent And the houses in which they live.
    For Every tree caught on fire, For every innocent person in that house, For every firemen that has ever lost their life on duty, I, Am a Firefighter, For you, My good Friend.

As you enter the house, screams of fear is all you can hear, that little boy or girl is terrified. But I am not, I am strong, I have the Courage, because I am a Firefighter.

For every life you have saved, or fixing to save, you are making a new friend. A new friend which looks up to you, one that gives you a thank you, one that says “Dad, I want to be a firefighter to!”. For that great impression I give to everyone, That is why, I am a firefighter.

“I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a firefighter The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we who know the work which the firefighter has to do believe that his is a noble calling. There is an adage which says that, "Nothing can be destroyed except by fire." We strive to preserve from destruction the wealth of the world which is the product of the industry of men, necessary for the comfort of both the rich and the poor. We are defenders from fires of the art which has beautified the world, the product of the genius of men and the means of refinement of mankind. (But, above all; our proudest endeavor is to save lives of men-the work of God Himself. Under the impulse of such thoughts, the nobility of the occupation thrills us and stimulates us to deeds of daring, even at the supreme sacrifice. Such considerations may not strike the average mind, but they are sufficient to fill to the limit our ambition in life and to make us serve the general purpose of human society.” -Edward F. Croker, Chief of Department, F.D.N.Y. 1899-1911
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Thread Information