Thread: Foam the police

Forum Member

Default Foam the police

hmm... thats a lot of foam.

I know a driver who opened a deck gun on a police car one time. She was pretty upset from what I understand.

I'm sure most of you on here will say how negative it looks for the fire service to act like this and blah blah blah. You gotta give it to them though..... they've got balls.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...s-protest.html
    Last edited by led219; 01-22-2010 at 11:28 AM. Reason: forgot link

Forum Member

Now that's a protest with style.

Forum Member

Now that is awesome! I'm sure the kids are having a blast in that stuff!
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

Speechless.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Ya just gots to dig thier cool helmets.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

Wow, who knew a city the size of Brussels has a volunteer fire department. Because, you know, paid firefighters don't do this sort of thing....
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream and I hope you don't find this too crazy is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Forum Member

What sort of thing? Protest for fair work rules? For safety issues that improve the job for all firefighters? For fair pay? I guess they should leave that all up to you, right? Nice job trying to derail a lighthearted story with career vs volunteer vitriol. Brush the chip off your shoulder...

Forum Member

bad, bad, bad, but funny funny funny

Forum Member

I would protest having to wear those silly helmets.

MembersZone Subscriber

Before I post, I would like to say that I am a life member of a union.

Now...I would fire every single one of them. Every one. Unless these FF own private fire apparatus and purchased a stockk of foam, they are misusing city emergency equipment and supplies, causing a hazardous conditions and maliciously damaging property of another.

Seems to me that a professional organization who really wanted to be taken seriously could find a better way to get their point across.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Forum Member

Somehow I'm guessing they're a little more lax about this kind of thing out there. It clearly wouldn't fly here, for exactly the reasons you stated. But since its not, its still funny to look at.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

Just a question about the foam itself though

What kind of application do you think it was that generated that deep dry foam in the streets?

AFFF, some sort of class A, or something else like the old High Expansion Foams?

I've used AFFF and Class A, but I don't think I have seen it that thick

MembersZone Subscriber

That would be called disorderly conduct in this country. Creating a disturbance, using city property for personal use, setting fires (arson), and destroying public property.

Maybe it makes a statement there but illegal here. Hope it works for them to get what they want at least.
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Dickey View Post
    That would be called disorderly conduct in this country. Creating a disturbance, using city property for personal use, setting fires (arson), and destroying public property.

Maybe it makes a statement there but illegal here. Hope it works for them to get what they want at least.
    Public employees misusing public property and damaging public property, as well as rioting, are all felonies.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    Before I post, I would like to say that I am a life member of a union.

Now...I would fire every single one of them. Every one. Unless these FF own private fire apparatus and purchased a stockk of foam, they are misusing city emergency equipment and supplies, causing a hazardous conditions and maliciously damaging property of another.

Seems to me that a professional organization who really wanted to be taken seriously could find a better way to get their point across.
    I would hammer them all for arson as well.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    I would hammer them all for arson as well.
    How about the bums in winter with their barrel to keep warm? Would you "hammer" them with arson too? I love when the overly dramatic "fire 'em all" crowd get all riled up.
    Last edited by Whocares; 01-23-2010 at 10:06 AM.

Back In Black

Wow. They should be ashamed.

In addition, they lit small fires????

WTF
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Whocares View Post
    How about the bums in winter with their barrel to keep warm? Would you "hammer" them with arson too? I love when the overly dramatic "fire 'em all" crowd get all riled up.
    Yes, I would. Because it is exactly the same. ( at whocares typical moronic and childish response).

Back In Black

Yea, burn barrels are illegal here.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Forum Member

There is a drastic difference between lighting a fire in a steel drum to keep warm to survive, and lighting fires during an out-of-control protest in order to make a statement.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Yes, I would. Because it is exactly the same. ( at whocares typical moronic and childish response).
    So, let me get this straight... 10pm, -20, you are out and see 3 or 4 "arsonists" huddled around a barrel keeping warm. You get on your radio and call in an arson in progress, chase the bums as they scatter in in dazed confusion and terror. After they give you the slip (leaving only the whiff of cheap booze and feces in the air) you cordon off the area, call in an investigation team, photograph the evidence, conduct a search of the articles the arsonists left behind - accelerants disguised as "fine apple wine", a bomb conveyance device that looks suspiciously like a shopping cart, and several "molotov ****tail fuses" they tried to diguise as dirty undergarments that are so heavily stained as to be of an unknown color. You are begining to build a picture of this "arson cell". You get the word out on the street about a new criminal gang in the area, shake down your informants. Word on the street is this might be a new crime wave. It seems that arsons of this type have been on the rise since mid October, steadily rising until they leveled off and held steady around mid November. Every night you hear rumors from the seedier parts of town that the arsonists have struck again. Strange, why would groups of arsonists choose to commit their heinous crimes only on cold nights in the ghetto? And even more worrisome is that as the peices come together, you realize that some of these crimes are happening - at the same time! There is more than one cell! You bring in suspects every night, all fitting the description - male, scruffy, reeking of urine, feces, vomit, booze and shelter spaghetti. You work 'em over good, but nothing. Well almost nothing - you got three confessions to the Zodiac killings, four for the Manson murders, one for the Adolf Coors kidnapping, one confessed to being an alien, and you got 14 copies of the Watchtower. But not a thing on these arsons. You stare at your files, night after night trying to piece it all together. Maybe it's not the fire but the barrels that should be the focus! Where do they get all those barrels? And why do these arsonists use them? They have to know that the fire will be contained by the steel drum...what the hell kind of arsonists are these, anyway?!?
    Last edited by Whocares; 01-23-2010 at 10:50 PM.

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Post Not Here.........

Problem here is that they can't afford Steel Drums....... About 8-10 years ago, Cold, windy night, we get a Local for a Brush Fire..... Engine gets there and finds a 20-25 foot circle burning in a wooded area, next to a Major Intersection. A guy such as the ones described by Whocares (Above) was hanging close to the Fire. Couple of guys off the Engine get the Fire with the Bumper Line, and the "Bum" is raising He!! saying that the Fire was to keep him warm. Short ending is that, at our request, the PD gave him a ride to a Shelter................ Never know what you'll end up finding out there.....
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

So, let me get this straight... 10pm, -20, you are out and see 3 or 4 "arsonists" huddled around a barrel keeping warm. You get on your radio and call in an arson in progress, chase the bums as they scatter in in dazed confusion and terror. After they give you the slip (leaving only the whiff of cheap booze and feces in the air) you cordon off the area, call in an investigation team, photograph the evidence, conduct a search of the articles the arsonists left behind - accelerants disguised as "fine apple wine", a bomb conveyance device that looks suspiciously like a shopping cart, and several "molotov ****tail fuses" they tried to diguise as dirty undergarments that are so heavily stained as to be of an unknown color. You are begining to build a picture of this "arson cell". You get the word out on the street about a new criminal gang in the area, shake down your informants. Word on the street is this might be a new crime wave. It seems that arsons of this type have been on the rise since mid October, steadily rising until they leveled off and held steady around mid November. Every night you hear rumors from the seedier parts of town that the arsonists have struck again. Strange, why would groups of arsonists choose to commit their heinous crimes only on cold nights in the ghetto? And even more worrisome is that as the peices come together, you realize that some of these crimes are happening - at the same time! There is more than one cell! You bring in suspects every night, all fitting the description - male, scruffy, reeking of urine, feces, vomit, booze and shelter spaghetti. You work 'em over good, but nothing. Well almost nothing - you got three confessions to the Zodiac killings, four for the Manson murders, one for the Adolf Coors kidnapping, one confessed to being an alien, and you got 14 copies of the Watchtower. But not a thing on these arsons. You stare at your files, night after night trying to piece it all together. Maybe it's not the fire but the barrels that should be the focus! Where do they get all those barrels? And why do these arsonists use them? They have to know that the fire will be contained by the steel drum...what the hell kind of arsonists are these, anyway?!?
    Thanks... just sprayed Diet Coke all over my desk and monitor again... at least it is job security for the IT guys and gals...
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

You are an idiot. Too bad you can't put your creative energy to some good use.

Forum Member

You are an idiot. Too bad you can't put your creative energy to some good use.
    Not putting his creative energy to good use would be to not post that....it was creative, and good. You have to agree though, or did it strike a nerve because you're going over those "arson reports" right now?

Thread Information