Forum Member

Red face

Congrats to all of you who passed the test and will be moving on to the next step. We are currently 11 firefighters short of what we are budgeted for. We have been told they plan on filling those positions but whether or not they really do will remain to be seen. We only have 3 guys that could retire today if they wanted to and they have not committed to a retirement date. Anyway, good luck in the next steps.

MembersZone Subscriber

Forum Member

Locked Wings do you have anymore info on this situation?

Forum Member

So with 9 firefighters laid off does this process stop? They were that many short to begin with in the first place. I read the article and it says the layoffs are good through at least June 30th. It doesn't sound like they will hire anyone new at all. The 9 being laid off with their contracts will be hired back first. Does anyone know if they will finish the eligibility list? My friend was called by the clerk and they scheduled his oral board for May 17th. I don't know if that will change now. Anyone with any info or connections please post and keep us all informed.

MembersZone Subscriber

The city conducts a testing process to establish a new eligibility list every two years, regardless of circumstance. There is no reason to think the current process will stop because the current list expires this summer. There must be a valid eligibility list at all times. However, having a list doeen't mean they have any intention of actually hiring from it. Either way, losing manpower is a bad thing for the citizens of BC, so I hope they figure out a solution soon!

Forum Member

They have laid off 9 guys effective tomorrow, myself included.
    The list and hiring process will continue, so hopefully we can get this thing ironed out and get some new guys hired shortly.
    Last edited by LockedWings; 12-08-2010 at 09:10 PM.

Forum Member

Hey Everyone, just wondering how things are going from anyone on the inside? I hope to hear there is progress for the FF's that are out on layoff.

Does anyone know if they will still be holding the next stage interviews? I got a call and setup my interview on May 14th before the bad news hit.

FYI for those who want to know I asked how many people moved on from the physical and there is 163 still in the running.

Good luck to all,

Patio.

Forum Member

Hiring process is underway and I hope to be back to work next week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck out there guys.

MembersZone Subscriber

Anybody receive results yet?

MembersZone Subscriber

Nothing yet, patiently waiting.

Forum Member

The list was just certified in the last couple days. I'd imagine you guys will hear something in the next week or so. Good luck.

Forum Member

Does anyone know where to look online to see the certified list? We were told it would be available to view online, but nothing was mentioned of the correct site , or when it would be available.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by LockedWings View Post
    The list was just certified in the last couple days. I'd imagine you guys will hear something in the next week or so. Good luck.
    Thank you for the info!

Forum Member

The eligibility list is out and certified. You can call the city clerk to find out your ranking. Congratulations to the 152 people who made the list. A copy of the list was mailed Monday according to the clerk's office.
    Last edited by SRT407; 06-09-2010 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Posted wrong number

Forum Member

Unhappy

Does anyone know how deep they have interviewed into the list for previous recruitments? Say for the 8 positions are they going to interview approx. 20?

Good luck to all. I will not be getting a call I think.

Forum Member

Sorry I mispoke guys. 152 made the list. I am not 100% sure , but I think five people interview for each position. Plus I have been told alot of people do not
    pass the psyc exam in Chicago . Good luck to everyone .

MembersZone Subscriber

They don't generally interview many more than they are planning on hiring. If you were scheduled for the second interview, you have a VERY good chance of getting hired. There is a somewhat high failure rate at the psych exam, but usually because of valid background concerns.

Forum Member

The top ten guys should be interviewed soon, and they will go from there. If you get an offer after the second interview, you will then have to go to Chicago for a psych exam. Typically, less than 40% of the people who go to the psych actually pass it and get hired.

Last list they hired 10 or so guys, and they interviewed into the 50's on the list to hire those ten. Good luck guys. I will try to check in on here every couple days so if you have questions post 'em up.

Forum Member

Thanks for the info. I think you hit the nail on the head with what most people wanted to know for now. I guess if you hear what applicant position they are interviewing and when. That would be cool to find out for us deeper on the list if you could keep us up to date.

Thanks for the info. and good luck to all.

Regards,

Patio. Applicant# 60

Forum Member

Has anyone been contacted for a interview yet? Does anyone know when they are starting the next stage?

Good Luck to Everyone.

MembersZone Subscriber

Chief's interviews were held last week.

Forum Member

@ Hewartson 47

Did they mention when you guys who had interviews last week would be notified if you were going to move on to the next step? Just curious when the Psyc exams would be sceduled for those who may have passed the chiefs interview, and how long that step in the process takes. Also I don't know if this came up , but was a date or goal given of when the chief would like to have the process wrapped up for selecting the 8 canidates to be hired?

Appreciate any info you could pass along.
    Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by SRT407 View Post
    Appreciate any info you could pass along. Thanks
    Sorry, but they didn't mention anything and I haven't been contacted since. I keep nervously checking my e-mail and the mailbox, but no news yet.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hewartson47 View Post
    Sorry, but they didn't mention anything and I haven't been contacted since. I keep nervously checking my e-mail and the mailbox, but no news yet.
    Thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate it. If you hear any new updates, and can pass them along that would be great. Best of luck to you as you wait to see how you did. Thanks again.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by SRT407 View Post
    Thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate it. If you hear any new updates, and can pass them along that would be great. Best of luck to you as you wait to see how you did. Thanks again.
    Sure thing.

Thread Information