Forum Member

Good Luck Hewartson47, good luck to you. Any progress that you could tell us about your progress is appreciated.

MembersZone Subscriber

LockedWings,

Have you heard anything? Just about a month since my interview and I haven't heard back. Anyone been sent to Chicago that you know of?

MembersZone Subscriber

Just an FYI for those on the list, the Chief mentioned that the city is considering applying a residency requirement to hires off this list.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hewartson47 View Post
    Just an FYI for those on the list, the Chief mentioned that the city is considering applying a residency requirement to hires off this list.
    Hi Hewartson, for this rumored residency requirement.... I am a out of city / state applicant. Would be still be considered for the postion and just be requried to live within the City's district upon start of employment?

Thanks,

Patio.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by patio_furniture View Post
    Would be still be considered for the postion and just be requried to live within the City's district upon start of employment?
    I don't think you have anything to worry about. It was just mentioned that they were considering instituting a residency requirement for hires off this list...it may not even happen. If it does, I'd guess they would require you to establish residency within a certain amount of time (6 or 12 months) after hire. I also live well outside the BC area and as far as I know am still being considered.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hewartson47 View Post
    I don't think you have anything to worry about. It was just mentioned that they were considering instituting a residency requirement for hires off this list...it may not even happen. If it does, I'd guess they would require you to establish residency within a certain amount of time (6 or 12 months) after hire. I also live well outside the BC area and as far as I know am still being considered.
    Have you heard anything about your next step? Or when they plan on having people hired on by?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by patio_furniture View Post
    Have you heard anything about your next step? Or when they plan on having people hired on by?
    I have not been contacted since my interview, so I'm not really sure what my status is. I spoke with the clerk's office about two weeks ago and all they could tell me was that "HR is doing backgrounds". Wish I could tell you more...

Forum Member

If residency does happen, rumor is it will be required 6 months after completion of probation. Stay tuned guys, you'll be hearing something shortly.

MembersZone Subscriber

Any new progress? I was told by HR that they were looking to hire five, but things were moving slow. Any new info. will help. Thanks....

MembersZone Subscriber

Just wondering if there is any news or even rumors to report.

Forum Member

I have not heard anything lately. No one at the department seems to be saying much. Human resources does not have any new info either. I can't understand why they are dragging this out so long. Money must be the issue.

Forum Member

I just want to put this information I was given out there. I am not sure if this is 100% reliable, and if anyone has information to dispute this I would like for them to let me know. I have a friend with some connections in Battle Creek that the department has sent people on the list numbered 1 through 6 to Chicago for the Psych Exam, and he reports nobody has passed the evaluation. Can anyone confirm if this is true or not. I am curious to see just where they are at on the list with evaluations. Any info would be appreciated. Again this is just what I have been told.
    Last edited by SRT407; 10-27-2010 at 02:24 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

I can only dispute that not ALL candidates 1-6 have been sent to Chicago. Hopefully, the info is bad because I still haven't heard anything since my Chief's Interview. I sure hope they would have notified me if I was no longer being considered.

Forum Member

I have to believeif you were not still in consideration you would have been notified. This leads me to believe this individual who passed along the information is not reliable. I wish there was an accurate update available on progress with this hiring process. Thank you for your post Hewartson 47. Anyone with any new info that they could share would be appreciated.

MembersZone Subscriber

Just checking to see if anyone has heard any new information, rumors, etc. LockedWings, are you still following the thread?

Forum Member

Last I heard there was a couple guys holding up the process for various reasons. They have to follow certain policies during the process and they can't move on until some issues are resolved. No timeline on that but I did hear they called in more for interviews so I would assume they are hoping to get on with it soon.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for the update!

Forum Member

The department is looking to hire 6 by the end of the year.

Forum Member

@ Irishfiremen817 Where did you get this information if you don't mind me asking?

Forum Member

@ Lockewings - Do you happen to know where on the list they are at for interviews? Can you elaborate on what is holding the process up as far as a few people goes? Thank you for any information you can pass along.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SRT407 View Post
    @ Lockewings - Do you happen to know where on the list they are at for interviews? Can you elaborate on what is holding the process up as far as a few people goes? Thank you for any information you can pass along.
    No I really can't. Sorry. Good luck guys.

MembersZone Subscriber

Irish or LockedWings,

Can you advise if any candidates have been sent to Chicago yet?

Forum Member

I got my info from the guy with all the bugles. I know the process to Chicago can be long and drawn out. More than anything, its politics

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Irishfireman817 View Post
    I got my info from the guy with all the bugles. I know the process to Chicago can be long and drawn out. More than anything, its politics
    Nope. Not much politics. Just have to abide by MI PA 78. It's all spelled out in there. And I can tell you that Irishmen's info is optimistic. Technically we could hire up to 8, but candidates to date have been slowing the process for one reason or another. We are all hoping things speed up, but like I said, 6 hires in the next 2 months is pretty optimistic.

MembersZone Subscriber

Question Confused

Irish or LockedWings:

You have both mentioned that some candidates are holding up the process. Can you elaborate on that at all? Has any candidate been to Chicago yet? I am #3 and had my interview months ago, but have not heard anything since. I have called the Clerk and HR, but they can only give me a generic answer that the "hiring process is ongoing". Any insight you have will be appreciated. Thank you.

Thread Information