Forum Member

Default 2010 truck question

If you was awarded a truck in 2009 and you have not took delevery of it when 2010 apps are being filled out, do you put the new one not in service on you roster.

Forum Member

Directly from the AFG application:

You must include vehicles that are leased or on long-term loan as well as any vehicles that have been ordered or otherwise currently under contract for purchase or lease by your organization but not yet in your possession.

MembersZone Subscriber

It's thinking like that that keeps grant money going to where it's needed.

Like some departments buying older trucks to lower fleet age and trying to screw the system.

whatever happened to "need and Want"

Forum Member

That's why this year's application included the question "How long have YOU owned the vehicle" in addition to the age of the vehicle.

Closing loopholes, one by one!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by SLY4420 View Post
    That's why this year's application included the question "How long have YOU owned the vehicle" in addition to the age of the vehicle.

I didn't do a vehicle app for the '09 cycle so that's the first i've heard that. I like it very much. Shoot, also speaks wonders for financial management.

earl

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SLY4420 View Post

So if I just purchased a 1982 in order to replace a 1967 that laid-down and died, I'm screwed?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by simpleguy_68 View Post
    So if I just purchased a 1982 in order to replace a 1967 that laid-down and died, I'm screwed?
    If you recieve an award to replace the '67, I'd definitely make a call and inform them of what happened and discuss the need (assuming you still have a need). There are some hardship allowances, from my understanding. To what degree, I have no idea, but it is always a good practice to contact AFG and find out.

Even if the application wasn't to replace the '67, I'd still make contact, just to make sure. Open and honest is always a good policy, especially if they find out you weren't come audit time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    If you recieve an award to replace the '67, I'd definitely make a call and inform them of what happened and discuss the need (assuming you still have a need). There are some hardship allowances, from my understanding. To what degree, I have no idea, but it is always a good practice to contact AFG and find out.

Even if the application wasn't to replace the '67, I'd still make contact, just to make sure. Open and honest is always a good policy, especially if they find out you weren't come audit time.
    I agree. Just to keep you from having to worry about it popping up. The helpdesk people are just that, helpful.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    I agree. Just to keep you from having to worry about it popping up. The helpdesk people are just that, helpful.
    That they are.

I know of one department that may get hung if AFG finds out what they pulled on a replacement apparatus. I know they can't afford to repay $125K. Tried to warn them, though.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

simpleguy, as long as it's explained in the narrative what happened you should be fine. The how long has it been owned is more of a flag rather than a scoring metric, meant to let them know that they have to check out why a very old vehicle just got there. We have several that we worked with that bought newer used trucks the same way you did because that's all they had money for. 1 is picking up their award tomorrow so have to say it isn't going to be held against you.

Forum Member

Default report

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    That they are.

I know of one department that may get hung if AFG finds out what they pulled on a replacement apparatus. I know they can't afford to repay $125K. Tried to warn them, though.
    Sounds as if you saw the "bank robbery and shooting" but yet you are not going to step up and report it?

I would have a hard time with that one.......

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by geefireman View Post
    Sounds as if you saw the "bank robbery and shooting" but yet you are not going to step up and report it?

I would have a hard time with that one.......
    I've been debating long and hard on actually reporting it. Believe me when I say it's kept me up a few nights thinking about it.

I guess I keep hoping that they'll get audited and I can stay out of it. Plus, I have a bit of a conflict that I don't really care to get into, but not as a grant writer. That's along with the potential local conflicts, as they're a mutual aid department.

Too many conflicts to have a cut/dry decision.

Now, if only the grant writer (they're one of my grant writer horror stories) would be the only one to get in a jam, I'd have already dropped the dime.

For now, I've advised them on what they should do and warned them of the consequences should they not. While I can't guarantee it, I think they've followed the advice of the guy that wrote the grant, not mine.

Just one more reason I write my own grants, no offense to you guys that are trustworthy and write for others, of course.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey Catch, God is watching. He knows what's in your heart. You will be fine.

Thread Information