+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... Last
    Forum Member

Question Reductions vs. 1199s and 10q's

I noticed on Thursday that I had FINALLY had some reductions in my budget on an ops grant.

I am wondering if all of you who had reductions earlier have gotten 1199 and 10q's.

Basically i'm wondering if im going to be successful, just not in the first rounds because of the late reductions

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by enforcer911 View Post
    I noticed on Thursday that I had FINALLY had some reductions in my budget on an ops grant.

I am wondering if all of you who had reductions earlier have gotten 1199 and 10q's.

Basically i'm wondering if im going to be successful, just not in the first rounds because of the late reductions
    There are many of us out here wit reductions waiting on the next level. Some have 1199's, some have 1199's and questions, and some just have reductions. I believe you will be dancing a happy dance some time this year, but I wouldnt start warming up the dancing shoes just yet. if you are not done growing, you may have to get a bigger size til then.

Kelly

Forum Member

Sorry Posted twice
    Last edited by imafireman; 01-25-2010 at 05:10 PM. Reason: double post

MembersZone Subscriber

Red face Same Boat!

I am in the same boat and just keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool Light at the end of the tunnel.

There is light at the end of the tunnel but it may take a while to get to the other end.
    My understanding of the process is that in order for you to have reductions on your budget it would have made it through the computer scoring and also have been peer reviewed. It appears the AFG has changed their process this year and the budget reductions are being made upfront. If you budget has been reduced from your initial application you would need to agree to accept or contest the reductions prior to being awarded. With the amount of applications being processed I can not see them taking time to adjust budgets for those that would not be in line at some point in the process for awards. The question is where do you fall into their timeline of the award process ? We received our budget reductions on our equipment grant the week before Christmas but are still waiting on an 1199a and 10 questions. Once the 1199a has posted some folks seem to be getting their 10 questions rather quickly while others are delayed. We as a lot of other folks are sitting back patiently playing the waiting game but it should be worth the wait in the end.
    Last edited by ejfeicht; 01-25-2010 at 06:17 PM.

Forum Member

Talking

Received our reduction in early Dec., 1199 Dec 15th, still waiting for 10 Q's.

Forum Member

Received mine before Christmas and still waiting on a 1199a. Waiting, but not patiently. Never was a strong trait of mine

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fightin23rd View Post
    Received mine before Christmas and still waiting on a 1199a. Waiting, but not patiently. Never was a strong trait of mine
    I just had to comment to be the 3rd PA company in a row. Anyone noticing a trend? Fightin23rd, our company is about 20 min from Pinecroft. Just "up the mountain." We got a reduction way back (i believe I was the 2nd person to comment on that thread). Got an 1199 on Dec 15, and still no Qs. I'm running out of patience.

Forum Member

No trend. Questions are sent out one-by-one as manual e-mails by only a handful of workers. Reductions, if indicated, are included in some as well; this takes time to coordinate.

Waiting for my company and more than 20 others in PA...patiently. 5,000 e-mails takes time.

Remember that if you have a reduction or 1199A indication ("while not an official indication of pending award") you are further along than the other 14,000+ applications which will be denied this year.

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by medstudent13 View Post
    . Got an 1199 on Dec 15, and still no Qs. I'm running out of patience.
    patience is a virtue in the grants game my young grasshopper. you have done well for your first attempt at writing, better than many of us did the first time.
    All good things will come to pass!

Forum Member

First attempt at an EMS vehicle, at that! Huge score.

Forum Member

Reduction mid dec. nothing since.
    What ever happened to the waiting bar. hic
    I think all my friends left hic.
    Glenn

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Flochief View Post
    Reduction mid dec. nothing since.
    What ever happened to the waiting bar. hic
    I think all my friends left hic.
    Glenn
    The web team decided we all needed to join AA. :-} They went dry county on us.

MembersZone Subscriber

Just glad to hear there are others out there with the same situations: reductions with no 1199's, 1199's with no questions, but most of all, 1199's with 10 questions and NO AWARD!!! ha

Forum Member

I just found a reduction on one of mine. (In the interest of full disclosure I didn't write it, I inherited it when someoine else retired.) It wasn't there Saturday. 100 foot quint reduced to $750K!
    Just wondering what has happened to some of the other people with the early reductions? I know this is a good sign, but how good?

Forum Member

Real good.

Forum Member

Smile

After taking Kurt's class, and rereading the narrative my mind was already on next year. I'm a little speechless. We need this VERY badly. Our two trucks are literally falling apart.

Forum Member

Default Reduction

How can i tell if there has been a reduction?

Forum Member

Check your application's budget and see if it has been reduced from your initial application amount.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by 99mtk35 View Post
    After taking Kurt's class, and rereading the narrative my mind was already on next year. I'm a little speechless. We need this VERY badly. Our two trucks are literally falling apart.
    Call me guy 863-551-9598.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Quite a few of us are waiting. We recieved a 1199a update in December, A reduction with our 10 questions in January and another email for a clarification in Febuary. Now we are in the holding pattern with everyone else.
    Last edited by svfd1walker; 03-03-2010 at 09:56 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 99mtk35 View Post
    Big time congrats.

Just remember our saying here, "You can start planning the party, just don't send out the invitations just yet."

Forum Member

Yes, I am still waiting. Got my reductions on my ops. grant. I believe in the saying no news is good news :}
    Last edited by Fightin23rd; 03-03-2010 at 01:28 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    Big time congrats.

Just remember our saying here, "You can start planning the party, just don't send out the invitations just yet."
    Hey Jim what was the match on your regional grant 10% or 5%? Do they base it on the departmentís population of the applicant that writes the grant? Thanks: dfd701

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by dfd701 View Post
    Hey Jim what was the match on your regional grant 10% or 5%? Do they base it on the departmentís population of the applicant that writes the grant? Thanks: dfd701
    It will be based on the total population of all the departments involved in the regional grant.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... Last

Thread Information