Forum Member

Default Gotta love the hypocrisy of anti-gun Dems

Soles is one of the biggest gun control advocates and foes of the second amendment, yet he has no problem exercising his second amendment rights.

State Seeks Indictment Against Senator
    Updated: Thursday, 10 Dec 2009, 7:26 PM EST
    Published : Thursday, 10 Dec 2009, 6:36 PM EST

(AP)

A grand jury in North Carolina has found probable cause to indict state Sen. R.C. Soles on a charge of assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury.

A spokeswoman for Attorney General Roy Cooper said Thursday his office plans to present an indictment to the grand jury in January.

Authorities have said that Soles shot a man in August after two intruders kicked in the front door of his home. The grand jury found there was probable cause to conclude that he "unlawfully, willfully and feloniously'' shot the man.

Attorney Joe Cheshire has said that Soles fired in self defense. Cheshire did not immediately return a call seeking comment Thursday, and a message left for Soles was not immediately returned.

Soles has spent 40 years in the General Assembly.
    If your going to cry about doing the job you signed up for do us all a favor and quit, there are plenty of dedicated people standing in line for the best job in the world.

Firefighter/Paramedic

Banned

I would sure like to know the rest of this story. You can bet if some stranger kicks in my door he will be on the business end of a .308.

MembersZone Subscriber

Gun Control does not equal "take every f'ing gun out of peoples hands"

Gun control has varying levels that are supported by Dem's and even by Rep's.

Background checks = gun control.
    Not letting felons have guns = gun control.
    Waiting Period = gun control.
    License = gun control.
    Taking an 8 hour class prior to getting a CCL = gun control.
    Banning armor piercing rounds = gun control.
    Making kids take a "hunters safety course" before they get a hunting license = gun control.
    Not being able to carry a loaded weapon in your car unless licensed = gun control

Gun control has become another issue where people tend to pretend that there are only two options.

Option 1 is the Republican special forces veteran with a belt full of grenades, hugging his .50 cal and bazooka.

Option 2 is the Democrat hippie smoking a joint and hugging a tree.

The fact is that there are many degrees between those two extremes that more accurately represent the views of most people.

This message brought to you by an independent social liberal who proudly carries concealed.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

MembersZone Subscriber

There is no way a Grand Jury would indict someone in our county for shooting a home invader.

We had a case about 10 years ago where a man came home just in time to see a guy walking out the front door carrying his stereo system. The burgler dropped the stereo and headed off across the yard. The home owner shot the burgler in the back in the front yard and killed him. The Grand Jury would not indict the home owner even though he was technically in fault of the law.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusKspn View Post

Gun control has varying levels that are supported by Dem's and even by Rep's.

Background checks = gun control.
    Not letting felons have guns = gun control.
    Waiting Period = gun control.
    License = gun control.
    Taking an 8 hour class prior to getting a CCL = gun control.
    Banning armor piercing rounds = gun control.
    Making kids take a "hunters safety course" before they get a hunting license = gun control.
    Not being able to carry a loaded weapon in your car unless licensed = gun control

Gun control has become another issue where people tend to pretend that there are only two options.

Option 1 is the Republican special forces veteran with a belt full of grenades, hugging his .50 cal and bazooka.

Option 2 is the Democrat hippie smoking a joint and hugging a tree.

The fact is that there are many degrees between those two extremes that more accurately represent the views of most people.

This message brought to you by an independent social liberal who proudly carries concealed.
    How many of the Gangsters around do you think do all that stuff???? The only people who jump through the hoops are the law abiding citizens that aren't a problem in the first place.

P.S., Gun control means using both hands.......

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusKspn View Post
    Thank you. Same here. I am both a proud Dem and a gun owner. I don't hunt. I keep the world safe from paper targets and clay pigeons.

And I have no problems with automatic weapons not being available to the general populace.

That's just me.
    Last edited by scfire86; 01-26-2010 at 11:32 AM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Thank you. Same here. I am both a proud Dem and a gun owner. I don't hunt. I keep the world safe from paper targets and clay pigeons.

And I have no problems with automatic weapons not being available to the general populace.

That's just me.
    Put me down as another liberal dem gun owner. There are probably a lot more of us than anyone realizes.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by donethat View Post
    There is no way a Grand Jury would indict someone in our county for shooting a home invader.
    There is alot more to the story. I've read that Soles owed him money, and when he came to collect, Soles shot him. This is not your standard home invasion.
    FF/Paramedic

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TNFF319 View Post
    There is alot more to the story. I've read that Soles owed him money, and when he came to collect, Soles shot him. This is not your standard home invasion.
    Is there a link to that story that you read,TNFF319?
    What is a standard home invasion,anyway?
    I was arrested in March '95 when two roommates tried hitting me with a claw hammer and succeeded in hitting me with fists before I even thought about breaking out the unloaded shotgun I used to "assault" them in the apartment we shared.
    Tennessee didn't have a castle doctrine then and the DA wanted to be the first kid on his block to get a conviction on the Domestic Violence Act which hadn't been passed at the time.
    If Soles was up to no good and another no-good came after money owed,that's one thing.If he was at home minding his own beeswax and someone kicked in the door,that's another.

MembersZone Subscriber

Angry

Hey, if indeed the guy kicked the front door in, he's fair game to be shot in our state and county, no matter what the reason for kicking the door in.

Forum Member

That's just me.
    To each their own.
    Just don't fall into the trap of thinking "only MY guns are the ones that should be available to the People".
    Just because you don't see a need for privately owned full auto firearms doesn't mean that should be a criteria for their ownership.
    Rights aren't about NEED and if they are stifled in that way,we are on the way to losing ALL of them,even the ones that you DO want to exercise.
    Besides,some hoplophobe has already thought of controlling your target rifles under the guise of preventing sniper attacks."Who needs to be precisely aiming their shots,anyway?" is how they put it IIRC.
    Last edited by doughesson; 01-26-2010 at 03:10 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    Is there a link to that story that you read,TNFF319?
    What is a standard home invasion,anyway?
    I was arrested in March '95 when two roommates tried hitting me with a claw hammer and succeeded in hitting me with fists before I even thought about breaking out the unloaded shotgun I used to "assault" them in the apartment we shared.
    Tennessee didn't have a castle doctrine then and the DA wanted to be the first kid on his block to get a conviction on the Domestic Violence Act which hadn't been passed at the time.
    If Soles was up to no good and another no-good came after money owed,that's one thing.If he was at home minding his own beeswax and someone kicked in the door,that's another.
    http://www.wwaytv3.com/soles_awaits_...cision/01/2010

Google "soles shooting" plenty of stories.

Standard home invasion is someone entering the house to do harm.

There is video evidence of the shooting. Some are even saying it was an arranged meeting that got out of hand.

Forgive me for prying, but were you charged and convicted of assault?

I carry concealed, and am all for shooting people who break and enter.
    FF/Paramedic

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    To each their own.
    Just don't fall into the trap of thinking "only MY guns are the ones that should be available to the People".
    Just because you don't see a need for privately owned full auto firearms doesn't mean that should be a criteria for their ownership.
    Rights aren't about NEED and if they are stifled in that way,we are on the way to losing ALL of them,even the ones that you DO want to exercise.
    Besides,some hoplophobe has already thought of controlling your target rifles under the guise of preventing sniper attacks."Who needs to be precisely aiming their shots,anyway?" is how they put it IIRC.
    Like farmboy, you read way more than what I wrote. Besides, there have some significant infringement upon other constitutional rights by any number of legislative actions. I see no reason that makes the 2nd sacrosanct.

There is no value added to the citizenry being able to possess automatic weapons unless the motive is to kill other people.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool Over Kill

Semi-auto works fine for me. Most people can't hold a full auto on target after 2-3 rounds anyway and it becomes a waste of ammo. While neat for effect, a waste of ammo. If you know what you are doing, one or two shots is all you need.

Our local Gander Mountain store had a 50 caliber Barrett M95 bolt action Marksman rifle with a BORS scope for a Christmas special $8,200. Longest confirmed 50 cal. sniper kill is 2,640 yards (1.5 miles) in Afganistan. Would be awsome on some Pennsylvania hill to hill deer hunts!

Forum Member

There is no value added to the citizenry being able to possess automatic weapons unless the motive is to kill other people.
    What about just for fun shooting?
    FF/Paramedic

MembersZone Subscriber

Dynamite is a lot of fun too but Joe Public can't just go buy as much as he wants just to play with!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Firetacoma1 View Post
    Dynamite is a lot of fun too but Joe Public can't just go buy as much as he wants just to play with!
    It's also great for fishing
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Firetacoma1 View Post
    You must not know the right people.

Blaming guns for death is like blaming pencils for spelling errors. It is up to the person behind it to decide how it is used.
    FF/Paramedic

Forum Member

You must not know the right people.

Blaming guns for death is like blaming pencils for spelling errors. It is up to the person behind it to decide how it is used.
    Recently seen on a bumper sticker: "Guns kill people like a fork made Rosie O'Donnell fat."
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

What about just for fun shooting?
    Plenty of semi auto alternatives that are completely legal. Not that I'm a big fan of them either.

Maybe I like to just blow things up. Shouldn't I be able to buy some C-4? Maybe I should be able to buy a tank and some live rounds so I can drive around and shoot at things. After all, it isn't the tank shooting, it's me. Wouldn't that be fun?

Maybe I should be able to buy a nuke and light it off. It's an arm as defined by the 2nd Ammendment. Responsible use is the right of the owner and the bomb itself is just an inanimate object.
    Last edited by scfire86; 01-26-2010 at 07:34 PM.

Forum Member

Plenty of semi auto alternatives that are completely legal. Not that I'm a big fan of them either.

Maybe I like to just blow things up. Shouldn't I be able to buy some C-4? Maybe I should be able to buy a tank and some live rounds so I can drive around and shoot at things. After all, it isn't the tank shooting, it's me. Wouldn't that be fun?

Maybe I should be able to buy a nuke and light it off. It's an arm as defined by the 2nd Ammendment. Responsible use is the right of the owner and the bomb itself is just an inanimate object.
    You have your stance and I have mine. I do believe in gun control.
    FF/Paramedic

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Firemedic 61 View Post
    Soles is one of the biggest gun control advocates and foes of the second amendment, yet he has no problem exercising his second amendment rights.

State Seeks Indictment Against Senator
    Updated: Thursday, 10 Dec 2009, 7:26 PM EST
    Published : Thursday, 10 Dec 2009, 6:36 PM EST

(AP)

A grand jury in North Carolina has found probable cause to indict state Sen. R.C. Soles on a charge of assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury.

A spokeswoman for Attorney General Roy Cooper said Thursday his office plans to present an indictment to the grand jury in January.

Authorities have said that Soles shot a man in August after two intruders kicked in the front door of his home. The grand jury found there was probable cause to conclude that he "unlawfully, willfully and feloniously'' shot the man.

Attorney Joe Cheshire has said that Soles fired in self defense. Cheshire did not immediately return a call seeking comment Thursday, and a message left for Soles was not immediately returned.

Soles has spent 40 years in the General Assembly.
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but which part of this was the hypocritical part?

Forum Member

How dare you cut down trees to make paper targets to fire bullets at. You heathen!

It's been illegal since the National Firearms Act passed back in the 1930s to own a fully automatic weapon without a permit from the ATF.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

So my ownership of my 1911, Sig Sauer P229, and Sig P245 is not cool? They are all semi-automatics. So are almost all revolvers manufactured in the past 130+ years.

I understand and agree about a fully automatic weapon. But why shouldn't I be able to own a semi-automatic. All it does is reload after every shot. Perhaps we should go back to flint-lock muskets and pistols.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireMedic049 View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but which part of this was the hypocritical part?
    Mr. Soles is a person that is a very big proponent of strict gun control measures - yet he owns one himself. He used it against another person. That is the hypocracy.

Thread Information