The current list is exhausted, and there is a current opening. The #1 person has a job offer waiting for them at the end. Several more jobs (maybe up to six) will become available during this new list.The City of Collinsville, Illinois is accepting applications to establish an Eligibility Hiring Register for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic. The City provides an excellent salary and benefits package.
• Be a US Citizen
• Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
• Hold a valid driver’s license and have no felony convictions
• Be at least 21 years and less then 35 years of age. Applicants 20 years of age may apply provided they have successfully completed two years of fire-service related studies at an accredited college or university
• Applicants must either have paramedic certification or have proof of completion of requirements prior to April 1, 2010
• Submit to rigorous agility and physical testing, extensive written examination and an in-depth character background check, medical screening and psychological investigation
Application packets may be obtained at either Collinsville City Hall, 125 South Center Street or at the Collinsville Fire Department, 130 South Clinton Street. Completed applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 26, 2010 at Collinsville City Hall, 125 South Center Street, Collinsville, IL 62234. EOE
Applicants can also contact contact Assistant City Manager Pam Hylton for an application at 346-5200 ext 135.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
Thread: Collinsville FD Testing
01-26-2010, 08:40 PM #1
Collinsville FD Testing
01-29-2010, 02:01 PM #2
Some more info:
24/72 schedule (Avg work week=42 hours)
3500 runs per year
8 per shift
Population served is ~30K
18 sq miles
2010 pay scale (with 9% medic incentive added):
Beginning pay of first year: $24.15/hr
Beginning of second year: $26.01/hr
Beginning of third year: $27.93/hr
There are also education incentives that can add to your hourly rate.
01-31-2010, 08:53 PM #3
If you want a well paying firefighting job at a growing fire department in the St. Louis Metro East area, this is the place to go! If you have an Illinois medic license and need a job, don't hesitate to sign up.
02-10-2010, 10:01 PM #4
- Join Date
- Sep 2005
Since they are so close to c-ville I thought I would mention that Granite City Fire Department will be accepting apps soon.
Unlike most cities in Illinois of similar demographics, they are financially healthy.
02-22-2010, 01:55 PM #5
If you are going to apply, don't forget the deadline is this Friday.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By SFDredhat126 in forum IllinoisReplies: 12Last Post: 01-17-2008, 10:38 PM
By SFDredhat126 in forum IllinoisReplies: 9Last Post: 09-08-2006, 05:39 PM
By smitty2275 in forum Volunteer ForumReplies: 55Last Post: 03-15-2006, 05:23 PM
By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily ReportReplies: 0Last Post: 04-08-2002, 12:03 AM
By Rush01 in forum Fire WireReplies: 0Last Post: 12-01-2001, 06:47 PM