The current list is exhausted, and there is a current opening. The #1 person has a job offer waiting for them at the end. Several more jobs (maybe up to six) will become available during this new list.The City of Collinsville, Illinois is accepting applications to establish an Eligibility Hiring Register for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic. The City provides an excellent salary and benefits package.
• Be a US Citizen
• Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
• Hold a valid driver’s license and have no felony convictions
• Be at least 21 years and less then 35 years of age. Applicants 20 years of age may apply provided they have successfully completed two years of fire-service related studies at an accredited college or university
• Applicants must either have paramedic certification or have proof of completion of requirements prior to April 1, 2010
• Submit to rigorous agility and physical testing, extensive written examination and an in-depth character background check, medical screening and psychological investigation
Application packets may be obtained at either Collinsville City Hall, 125 South Center Street or at the Collinsville Fire Department, 130 South Clinton Street. Completed applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 26, 2010 at Collinsville City Hall, 125 South Center Street, Collinsville, IL 62234. EOE
Applicants can also contact contact Assistant City Manager Pam Hylton for an application at 346-5200 ext 135.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Thread: Collinsville, IL
01-26-2010, 08:41 PM #1
01-27-2010, 12:34 AM #2
- Join Date
- Nov 2009
anyone have any additional information on this department?
01-27-2010, 07:13 AM #3
- Join Date
- Jul 2009
We run 4 shifts with 8 personnel a shift from two stations. 3 ALS ambulances/2 ALS engines/1 ALS Ladder/1 BLS tele squirt. Everyone on shift is a paramedic. We run approx 3500 calls a year. You can take a look at the city web site or union site for more info.
01-29-2010, 02:06 PM #4
Some more info:
24/72 schedule (Avg work week=42 hours)
Population served is ~30K
18 sq miles
2010 pay scale (with 9% medic incentive added):
Beginning of first year: $24.15/hr
Beginning of second year: $26.01/hr
Beginning of third year: $27.93/hr
Education incentives can add to your hourly rate.
01-31-2010, 09:08 PM #5
If you want a well paying firefighting job at a growing fire department in the St. Louis Metro East area, this is the place to go! If you have an Illinois medic license and need a job, don't hesitate to sign up.
02-22-2010, 02:01 PM #6
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By SFDredhat126 in forum IllinoisReplies: 4Last Post: 02-22-2010, 01:55 PM
By SFDredhat126 in forum IllinoisReplies: 9Last Post: 09-08-2006, 05:39 PM
By SFDredhat126 in forum IllinoisReplies: 13Last Post: 08-12-2006, 11:10 AM
By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily ReportReplies: 0Last Post: 04-08-2002, 12:03 AM
By Rush01 in forum Fire WireReplies: 0Last Post: 12-01-2001, 06:47 PM