Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: listen up Obama

Forum Member

Default listen up Obama

Has anyone read this letter yet? Well I for one couldn't agree more with what this REAL American has to say to our President.

Make sure to follow the link in the article linked below and read the whole letter

http://www.kitv.com/politics/2233810...il.html?hpt=T2

Forum Member

Well apparently the link didn't work, so here's the letter:

Dear President Obama,

My name is Harold Estes, approaching 95 on December 13 of this year. People meeting me for the first time don't believe my age because I remain wrinkle free and pretty much mentally alert.

I enlisted in the U.S. Navy in 1934 and served proudly before, during and after WW II retiring as a Master Chief Bos'n Mate. Now I live in a "rest home" located on the western end of Pearl Harbor, allowing me to keep alive the memories of 23 years of service to my country.

One of the benefits of my age, perhaps the only one, is to speak my mind, blunt and direct even to the head man. So here goes.

I am amazed, angry and determined not to see my country die before I do, but you seem hell bent not to grant me that wish.

I can't figure out what country you are the president of.

You fly around the world telling our friends and enemies despicable lies like: "We're no longer a Christian nation" "America is arrogant" -- (Your wife even announced to the world, "America is mean- spirited." Please tell her to try preaching that nonsense to 23 generations of our war dead buried all over the globe who died for no other reason than to free a whole lot of strangers from tyranny and hopelessness.)

I'd say shame on the both of you, but I donít think you like America, nor do I see an ounce of gratefulness in anything you do, for the obvious gifts this country has given you. To be without shame or gratefulness is a dangerous thing for a man sitting in the White House.

After 9/11 you said, "America hasnít lived up to her ideals."

Which ones did you mean? Was it the notion of personal liberty that 11,000 farmers and shopkeepers died for to win independence from the British? Or maybe the ideal that no man should be a slave to another man, that 500,000 men died for in the Civil War? I hope you didn't mean the ideal 470,000 fathers, brothers, husbands, and a lot of fellas I knew personally died for in WWII, because we felt real strongly about not letting any nation push us around, because we stand for freedom.

I don't think you mean the ideal that says equality is better than discrimination. You know the one that a whole lot of white people understood when they helped to get you elected.

Take a little advice from a very old geezer, young man.

Shape up and start acting like an American. If you don't, I'll do what I can to see you get shipped out of that fancy rental on Pennsylvania Avenue. You were elected to lead not to bow, apologize and kiss the hands of murderers and corrupt leaders who still treat their people like slaves.

And just who do you think you are telling the American people not to jump to conclusions and condemn that Muslim major who killed 13 of his fellow soldiers and wounded dozens more. You mean you donít want us to do what you did when that white cop used force to subdue that black college professor in Massachusetts, who was putting up a fight? You donít mind offending the police calling them stupid but you donít want us to offend Muslim fanatics by calling them what they are, terrorists.

One more thing. I realize you never served in the military and never had to defend your country with your life, but you're the Commander-in-Chief now, son. Do your job. When your battle-hardened field General asks you for 40,000 more troops to complete the mission, give them to him. But if you're not in this fight to win, then get out. The life of one American soldier is not worth the best political strategy you're thinking of.

You could be our greatest president because you face the greatest challenge ever presented to any president.

You're not going to restore American greatness by bringing back our bloated economy. That's not our greatest threat. Losing the heart and soul of who we are as Americans is our big fight now.

And I sure as hell don't want to think my president is the enemy in this final battle.

Sincerely,
    Harold B. Estes

Thanks Cogs.

All I can say is... WOW!
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

I think that's very well put.

This has been going around since the minute Obama was elected. Drivel at it's best.
    Last edited by FHJ718; 01-28-2010 at 06:43 AM. Reason: DOn't need the quote

Drivel? HARDLY! The pussyifcation of America along with money printing and OUTSOURCING will be her downfall. And the CURRENT Admin is CLUELESS.Wish there were more like Harold saying what they believe. Time will put the date stamp on Obama but in the end I think history will not label him "the great saviour". Fire Pelosi would be a GREAT start to reform. T.C.

Quote Originally Posted by FHJ718 View Post
    This has been going around since the minute Obama was elected. Drivel at it's best.
    Drivel huh? Which part exactly do you consider to be drivel? I agree with the whole thing 100 percent.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    Drivel? HARDLY! The pussyifcation of America along with money printing and OUTSOURCING will be her downfall. T.C.
    Which started with Nixon, who took us off the gold standard.And has continued under every admin since, Republican & Democrat 2 of the same peas in the same pod.
    The America this guy talks about long ago sold its soul to big business & special interest groups.

Again this "letter" has been out since before he even took the oath of office.
    Last edited by FHJ718; 01-28-2010 at 09:41 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Which started with Nixon, who took us off the gold standard.And has continued under every admin since, Republican & Democrat 2 of the same peas in the same pod.
    The America this guy talks about long ago sold its soul to big business & special interest groups.

Again this "letter" has been out since before he even took the oath of office.
    Actually looking at the info that sources it online it is from at earliest November of 2009 and references the following events:

Obama Bowing to a King

Radical Islamic dirt bag kills 12 at Fort Hood

Both occured long after he took the oath.

FTM-PTB

Exclamation

It all depends on what you want to believe........

www.truthorfiction.com

95 Year Old Former U.S. Naval Sailor Tells Obama to Shape up or Ship Out- Opinion!

Summary of the eRumor:
    This is an open letter to President Obama from a 95 year old blogger named Harold Estes. The letter tells the President to "shape up or ship out."

The Truth:
    This opinion began circulating in tsunami proportions over the weekend of November 21, 2009 and the letter was found posted under the title of "Do Your Job" on the Congressional news and informational site Congress.org. According to the web site, copies of the letter were sent to President Barack Obama, Rep. F. Allen Boyd, Sen. Bill Nelson and Sen. George LeMieux Click for letter.

The article refers to what critics of the Obama Administration have dubbed the "2009 Apologetic Tour."

In April 2009 the President spoke to an audience assembled at a town hall in Strasbourg, France where he said, "In America, there's a failure to appreciate Europe's leading role in the world. Instead of celebrating your dynamic union and seeking to partner with you to meet common challenges, there have been times where America has shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive." Click here for CBS full transcript of speech.

The President took criticism for saying that the United States was not a Christian nation. The comment was made, but the "Christian nation" portion is frequently quoted out of context. On 12/6/09 he told an audience in Turkey, "And I've said before that one of the great strengths of the United States is -- although as I mentioned, we have a very large Christian population, we do not consider ourselves a Christian nation or a Jewish nation or a Muslim nation; we consider ourselves a nation of citizens who are bound by ideals and a set of values." Click here for White House Transcript
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

What I would LIKE to believe is that SOON the Bureaucrats (regardless of affiliation)can get their heads out of the sand/***/or wherever else they hide and take a GOOD LONG look at what is going on around them. Or ISN'T as the case may be. Personally,I don't feel that Obama is fit to lead a Girl Scout troop much less anything else,but that is my opinion;Alone. I DO know this country is in a world of **** and the present course of action isn't helping; at least not here in the Piney woods. I don't care for Obama and I hold a special DISLIKE for his wife. Lucky for me,they don't spend much time vacationing in Maine. Before you start on previous admin's,yup,mission FAILED there too. Somebody had better wake up pretty quick. T.C.

Quote Originally Posted by FFFRED View Post
    Actually looking at the info that sources it online it is from at earliest November of 2009 and references the following events:

Obama Bowing to a King

FTM-PTB
    Fred the one I read didn't include the paragraph about the muslim major. This was posted in the firehouse around last January.

I'm neither defending nor praising Obama. IMO both parties have forgotten about the "people" a long time ago. Although I'm for helping out those in need, generational welfare drives me crazy. That includes corporate and farm aid or whatever you call it, but at the same time to know that 40 million Americans don't have any kind of health care is disheartening, does that mean we need a European style of health care? no but what is the answer?
    The supermarket I go to has a bagger who retired from our job in 1979 (served from 1947) and when I talk to him he tells me that originally he did it to occupy his time but now he does it because his prescriptions and other health care related costs eat up his pension. This is a WW2 vet who was on the job when it was busy (fires) and to see him bagging groceries is BS. I don't know the answer but I do know most politicians in this country are more concerned with re-election than anything else. We should get rid of this class of elected-royalty.

MembersZone Subscriber

Obama Bowing to a King

FTM-PTB
    Snopes and Urban Legend both cite the letter as authentic (at least the original). Snopes even has a picture of the Mr. Estes. According to those sources, the letter was dictated in November '09 by Mr. Estes, who has poor eyesight and couldn't write it himself, but he signed it and it was subsequently mailed to Pres. Obama and a couple of other politicians.

Agree or disagree with the opinion in the letter, but it appears authentic.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/bar...ld_estes_2.htm

Not sure if this works but read it.

Obamas a Democrat and he does what Democrats do. Bush is a Republican and he did what Republicans do. I don't like or dislike someone based on biased sources, whether it's Fox or CNN doesn't matter.
    I wonder why so many people get so upset about Obama when they're all wolves in sheeps clothing? that includes the Liberals who still have nightmares about Bush.
    Which way do you want to screwed? cause both Parties will continue to do it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Fred the one I read didn't include the paragraph about the muslim major. This was posted in the firehouse around last January.

I'm neither defending nor praising Obama. IMO both parties have forgotten about the "people" a long time ago. Although I'm for helping out those in need, generational welfare drives me crazy. That includes corporate and farm aid or whatever you call it, but at the same time to know that 40 million Americans don't have any kind of health care is disheartening, does that mean we need a European style of health care? no but what is the answer?
    The supermarket I go to has a bagger who retired from our job in 1979 (served from 1947) and when I talk to him he tells me that originally he did it to occupy his time but now he does it because his prescriptions and other health care related costs eat up his pension. This is a WW2 vet who was on the job when it was busy (fires) and to see him bagging groceries is BS. I don't know the answer but I do know most politicians in this country are more concerned with re-election than anything else. We should get rid of this class of elected-royalty.
    Agreed....hopefully the message sent in by you guys in Massachussets wasn't that everyone has a hard-on for the GOP, but that we want them(of any party) to work for US not for themselves and that if you lie and screw your way through the Capitol building you will be out on your a** come next election day.

However I'm to much of a cynic to actually beleive that enough people will remain engaged and informed long enough to see this through.

I was under the impression you guys have your own state funded mandatory insurance program of sorts up there. I guess it doesn't cover the retired brother.

Forum Member

There is also a link in the article to a TV interview with Mr. Estes. I don't know why the link doesnt work here but I posted it exactly the same on a few different forums. So if you want to see the interview try these:.
    www.ctfire-ems.com - general forum
    www.emtbravo.net - the lounge
    same heading.
    You will see that both Mr. Estes and his letter are 100% authentic
    Last edited by FFPCogs08; 01-28-2010 at 11:44 AM.

Talking

Agreed....hopefully the message sent in by you guys in Massachussets wasn't that everyone has a hard-on for the GOP, but that we want them(of any party) to work for US not for themselves and that if you lie and screw your way through the Capitol building you will be out on your a** come next election day.

However I'm to much of a cynic to actually beleive that enough people will remain engaged and informed long enough to see this through.

I was under the impression you guys have your own state funded mandatory insurance program of sorts up there. I guess it doesn't cover the retired brother.
    The Dems here have increased the co-pays more and more, plus I looked up his pension and it's a disgrace how much he's supposed to live on. IMO if you work hard your whole life and pay taxes when you reach senior citizen age you should be all set, as far as health care is concerned.That's the kind of free health care I would like to see. For people who have contributed their whole lives.
    What was funny about Coakley was it seemed like she waited to the last minute to go to the printers shop to get signs (sense of entitlement) and also the Boston Globe reported that "we" need to keep the Kennedy seat! Not the people's seat but the Kennedy seat.
    At the same time I hate when some people here base their opinions on what others say and not from their own research. Up here we have Howie Carr who claims to represent the blue-collar people when he's well off and writes his columns from the Starbucks in a rich suburb (yes I like a Latte' now & then, don't tell anyone).
    It's kind of simplistic but IMO we have gone from a country whose economy has gone from manufacturing to consumer spending (I forget where I heard it) but it's true. How much longer can we go like this? not long.
    We need to get back to where our country is first and not how other ungrateful countries see us.
    My anger is against all politicians and not just from one party but both.
    I'm not saying whether or not the letter is real just misguided in some of it's quotes. I'm sure if we went to the Huffington Post we could find stuff that sounds plausible to their audience.

Also, I want to like Brown but after looking up some of his positions from his time in the state house I'm not so sure. Do I like a guy whose stated goal is to rid us of our pensions (he wants to eliminate all public employee pensions forthwith) or do I like the Dems in this state who dream up more and more ways to screw the working class? I have never flipped flopped so much in my life before I voted. Kerry's next.

Just out of curiousity, how many of you that are bashing obama did or would have voted for mcain? I mean although I agree with some of this letter, Obama is still the lesser of 2 evils.
    Firefighter/EMT
    G.F.P.D.
    PROBIE!!!
    Service, Valor, Honor, Dedication & Modesty

Funny, old Harold never once mentioned Bush in his gripe. I guess this whole mess started with Obama...
    IAFF

Thread Information