Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Question

Forum Member

Default Quick Question

First of all, congratulations to all you award winners.

Here's my question:

Do you think I should contact my region rep to see where my Qs are? I mean, it's been more than 6 weeks since I got my 1199 confirmation. And, it's been almost 4 months since I got my reduction. I'm starting to think they lost our application or forgot about it? Do you think the region rep could reassure me, and possibly let me know when I'll see the Qs?

MembersZone Subscriber

You can give your FPS a call, but do not expect them to give out a whole lot of info. The person sending them will be the GMS, so the FPS may not have that info. Probably tell you to sit tight. Even though on average it's about 3-6weeks from 1199A to q's, there have been cases where it took months for some departments to recieve their q's.

Forum Member

Thanks bugle.

Should I call the region rep or the help desk? Who do you think would know more about it? I don't want to annoy them, but I think I deserve a little correspondence.
    Last edited by medstudent13; 01-29-2010 at 01:23 PM. Reason: mispelled your name

MembersZone Subscriber

Talk to your region rep.

Forum Member

Ok. Oh my goodness, it is so tempting just to go scale the wall of his office and search for our department's info since I live so close to him. (especially, after an all nighter last night and a 5 hour test today). But, you know, criminal backgrounds don't really fly with future physicians. LOL.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by medstudent13 View Post
    Ok. Oh my goodness, it is so tempting just to go scale the wall of his office and search for our department's info since I live so close to him. (especially, after an all nighter last night and a 5 hour test today). But, you know, criminal backgrounds don't really fly with future physicians. LOL.
    Give them a call Med', Why not! They can't eat ya and they sure as heck can't blame you for being concerned about the status of your vehicle application. Especially due to the amount of time that has passed and that the award process has begun. It is better to find out if somewhere along the process if something happened than waiting to find out later. Call them.

Here's my question:

Do you think I should contact my region rep to see where my Qs are? I mean, it's been more than 6 weeks since I got my 1199 confirmation. And, it's been almost 4 months since I got my reduction. I'm starting to think they lost our application or forgot about it? Do you think the region rep could reassure me, and possibly let me know when I'll see the Qs?
    Just received questions yesterday on a grant that had reductions months ago and 1199 6 weeks ago. Patience... They will come...

Forum Member

Called my rep on Monday to find out they didnt get my 10 q's email, faxed it same day, awarded today. Its definitely worth a call to make sure they got the 10 q's entered on your app.

Forum Member

Sweatin' bullets now. He told me that out of 1000 1199As, only 800 might be awarded. So, it's not an indication of an award.

He did say we scored high, and that we were still listed as "Under-Review by the financial department". Hopefully that's a good sign.

This might interest you:

No rejections will be sent for 1-2 months.
    Round 2 will be another big one. But, then they will dwindle to ~ 300 awards per round.
    Rounds will continue until June.

Forum Member

If you look at Onebugle's stats posted in the other thread, you'll see that some 85%+ of the money is still unrewarded. Not time to panic yet... (I know, easy for me to say, as a first round awardee.) The money in the last round is just as green, and spends just as well as the money in the first round.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

George S. Patton

MembersZone Subscriber

Sweatin' bullets now. He told me that out of 1000 1199As, only 800 might be awarded. So, it's not an indication of an award.

He did say we scored high, and that we were still listed as "Under-Review by the financial department". Hopefully that's a good sign.

This might interest you:

No rejections will be sent for 1-2 months.
    Round 2 will be another big one. But, then they will dwindle to ~ 300 awards per round.
    Rounds will continue until June.
    That's correct the 1199A only indicates a "potential" award not a guarantee of an award, the same with the reductions and the q's. Once you recieve the q's it will state as such that the the q's are only a for further discussion of your application.

History has shown that when those indicators do show up, you have a 99% chance of being funded. There have been cases where all of those have occurred and the department still was not funded.

I will bet that the computer DJ's will drop sometime after the second round of awards have been announced (especially if it's a big round).

MembersZone Subscriber WJVaughn's Avatar

Another quick question. Since the grants are public monies are the the grant applications open to public viewing? If so, where would you go to get them?

Forum Member

You would have to file a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request with FEMA.

Forum Member

it's been more than 6 weeks since I got my 1199 confirmation. And, it's been almost 4 months since I got my reduction. I'm starting to think they lost our application or forgot about it? Do you think the region rep could reassure me, and possibly let me know when I'll see the Qs?
    medstudent same issue here, although I quit bitting my nails because they are all gone, am now hitting the antacids on a regular basis, and I keep staring at the old unopened bottle of booze on a kitchen shelf at home. I have both a vehicle and OPS applications with reductions and 1199's since mid-December, and no 10q's.

Forum Member

"History has shown that when those indicators do show up, you have a 99% chance of being funded. There have been cases where all of those have occurred and the department still was not funded."

This has me concerned....with a name like Murphy, Murphy's Law usually hits me hard. Turned my 1199 in on 12-31-09 and 10Q in on 1-21-10. I know it is still early but my last name is Murphy

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by HazFire1 View Post
    You would have to file a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request with FEMA.
    Or would you be better off requesting it from the individual department? That would make more sense to me.

Forum Member

I hate to keep bringing this up, but remember the issue of the fax number area code. Many of the early 1199 notifications were requested to fax to a 202 area code. I sat on mine and wished I hadn't now. I had to refax to the 303 area code. When I did then my status portal showed my applications had been submitted 3 days ago. I'm certain if I had went ahead and refaxed the 1199 when this thread came up, I would probably have been in the first round.

So yes, check with your contacts and get those status reports. First visit here.

Forum Member

I faxed to whatever number was in the grant management tutorial. I think it was a 301 #. I got a confirmation on 12/29. I guess maybe that was a mistake.

MembersZone Subscriber

I faxed to whatever number was in the grant management tutorial. I think it was a 301 #. I got a confirmation on 12/29. I guess maybe that was a mistake.
    Relax... Some of these grants get quirky. I got my reduction and 1199a about the same time as you if I remember correctly. I just got my 10Q's today. Being an apparatus, yours may still be a bit behind that.

Until you get a DJ you're running high odds.

My personal opinion is (and has been) to sit back and wait. 1199s, 10Qs, etc. are all indications that an award is coming...but these are also things that are "backdoor" indicators. We have been following the grants long enough to know it, but it's certainly not common knowledge which would make you "deserving" of an explanation.

We've had 1199s --> 10Qs take up to 6 months. It sucks, but that's the program. They are working hard and asking questions that they can't officially answer anyway is just more frustrating.

Thread Information