MembersZone Subscriber

Default Missouri VFA Grants awarded

For you Missouri guys, if you haven't already recieved it, expect notification on the VFA grants through the Missouri Department of Conservation. Got ours in the mail today, postmarked the 27th.

$5,970 for a trailer to haul our Polaris Ranger, a couple backpack leaf blowers and chainsaws, and some 1" nozzles.

Not the "big" grant yet, but it's enough to keep me happy for a bit.

MembersZone Subscriber

Got mine today! $6,000 for high pressure brush skid unit.

MembersZone Subscriber

I did not apply, usually a shoe in with 6200 acres plus of conservation department land, but I could not afford the 50%.

Forum Member

Congratulations guys. Way to stay on top.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mmcneill View Post
    Got mine today! $6,000 for high pressure brush skid unit.
    Whats you total for Moreau now?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by WJVaughn View Post
    Whats you total for Moreau now?
    Just over $1mil since 2003 from all grants.

MembersZone Subscriber

I feel like such a piker at just over half a mill...

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post
    Patience Grasshopper……You write the grant…it will come…..Well at least sometimes

MembersZone Subscriber

Being serious though for a minute…..Our department just like yours, would be in serious trouble if it had not been for the grant awards we have been able to get over the last few years. Because of the opportunities that have been afforded to us we have been able replace unsafe equipment that would STILL be in operation if we had not gotten these grants.

The information and education that I have gotten from these forums and training workshops that I have attended is the reason we have been successful. My thanks go out to not only Brian (BC79er) who we have worked with but also to Kurt and the other grant gurus that share their wealth of knowledge to the rest of us on here.

MembersZone Subscriber

Being serious though for a minute…..Our department just like yours, would be in serious trouble if it had not been for the grant awards we have been able to get over the last few years. Because of the opportunities that have been afforded to us we have been able replace unsafe equipment that would STILL be in operation if we had not gotten these grants.

The information and education that I have gotten from these forums and training workshops that I have attended is the reason we have been successful. My thanks go out to not only Brian (BC79er) who we have worked with but also to Kurt and the other grant gurus that share their wealth of knowledge to the rest of us on here.
    Yep. I can't say enough to everyone on here, you have helped my department not only grow, but to survive. As an extension to that - the departments that I help owe a thanks also.

MembersZone Subscriber

Well said, and I would concur 100%. While I'm not to the $1 million mark, the next grant should put me over $750K for our department. Until two years ago, we worked a budget of just $20K/year, higher than some, but lower than most.

These grants have put TONS (literally) of equipment in our station and a lot of training. With any luck, another grant will give us our second station and we can start filling it. They've also allowed us to drop our ISO from an 8 to a 5, with some room to drop in coming years. We've benefitted, our citizens have benefitted, and even the citizens of neighboring districts have benefitted.

I've had the chance to learn from Kurt and Brian on here, on the phone, via email, and at seminars. I can say the same about any number of people on these forums. Now I'm fortunate enough that I'm able to help others a bit. I can't imagine what the total number of people would be if we were to calculate how many have benefited from these forums alone.

Forum Member

I did not apply, usually a shoe in with 6200 acres plus of conservation department land, but I could not afford the 50%.

We are in the same boat, I was working up the Conservation grant when our 1199 notification came through for AFG, we decided to hold off after that. If the ops grant come though @ 68K that will our first after years of trying, we too have to thank Kurt, who's seminar I've attended twice and Brian for all the info I've gleaned from here, looking forward to his class in a couple weeks at Eldon, and everyone else here who I've gained valuable info from.

Thread Information