Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Phoenix St Pattys day

Hello brothers. Myself and 3 other members of the FDNY will be traveling to Phoenix this March for St Pattys day. Is there any members of The Phoenix FD(or surrounding towns/cities) out there? Any suggestions of post parade parties/hangouts? Thank you for your help. Stay safe.

Forum Member

The St. Patrick's Parade this year will be on Saturday, March 13. The PFD Emerald Society always has a few trucks in the parade. There is an Irish Festival held after the parade. Because the parade is on a Saturday that is four days away from St. Patty's day, I don't know how many of the bars will be holding their big parties on the weekend before. My guess is about half will be on Saturday/Sunday and half will hold the big party on the 17th.

I'm in the Emerald Society for PFD. PM me, and if you are in the weekend before, I'll get you in the parade if you want. I can recommend some bars for you on the 17th. Maybe a little tame by NYC standards, but we still have Guiness out here. You can tee off in the morning sunshine and get 18 holes in, catch a spring training baseball game in the afternoon, and still celebrate St. Patty's all night long. That ain't bad...

If it DOESN'T Snow,hehe T.C.

Forum Member

The average high and low for March is 75 and 51. Don't like the chances of snow.

If memory serves you didn't have to drive TOO far to find some not LONG ago. I've got family near Tucson, T.C.

Forum Member

The closest ski resort to Phoenix, in Flagstaff about 2 hours away, has a base of over 200 inches. We'll be skiing through April this year.

Reference was to that last big storm.I thought it dropped snow in parts of AZ that hadn't seen it for YEARS. If Miami can freeze,so can Phoenix considering the weird azz weather we have been having lately. T.C.

Forum Member

About every two to three years we get dusting of snow here in Phoenix. Rarely sticks to the ground, but the TV weather people go nuts and it's on the news for a couple of days. Haven't gotten any snow here yet this year, but the mountains in the central part of the state have gotten smashed. Still have residents stranded in the Four Corners area a couple of weeks after the storms. National Guard is still dropping food by helicopter. El Nino winters are sometimes pretty crazy.

Thread Information