Crews battle Hyrum house fire for five hours
HYRUM, Cache County ó A house fire that took crews more than five hours to put out was caused by a wood-burning stove and chimney, investigators said.
The 911 call for the fire at 61 E. 100 South came in about 2:30 p.m., and the blaze wasn't completely out until 8 p.m., said Hyrum Fire and EMS Battalion Chief Blake Christensen.
The fire likely started when something got caught in the brick chimney, Christensen said, causing the rafters to catch fire. He estimated property damage at between $80,000 and $90,000.
A woman was in the home with a baby when the fire started, but she grabbed the baby and ran out of the home when she heard the smoke alarm go off, he said. Neither were harmed.
The young family who lived in the two-story home is staying with family and friends, Christensen said.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Five hour House Fire-Hyrum
01-30-2010, 02:42 PM #1
Five hour House Fire-HyrumFront line since 1983 and still going strong
01-31-2010, 09:01 AM #2
Ahhhh yes...often it is said, if you leave the fire alone the fire will burn the house into the foundation in 45 minutes. Want it to take 5 hours to burn into the foundation? Invite the Fire Department!"Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily ReportReplies: 0Last Post: 02-15-2006, 10:51 PM
By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily ReportReplies: 0Last Post: 11-18-2005, 06:57 PM
By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily ReportReplies: 0Last Post: 11-12-2005, 03:33 PM
By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily ReportReplies: 0Last Post: 08-02-2005, 07:38 AM
By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily ReportReplies: 0Last Post: 12-07-2003, 12:14 PM