MembersZone Subscriber

Default Need Some Photos-Pierce Velocity Dashboard

Heading to the big P next week for precon, and looking for some photos of dashboard instrument panel layouts to try to best place all radios, sirens, intercom etc. If anyone has photos of the interior of Velocity cab dash (center console, driver and officer sides as well as overhead) from different angles please forward to mg0178@yahoo.com or post.

Thanks in advance!

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by MG3610 View Post
    Heading to the big P next week for precon, and looking for some photos of dashboard instrument panel layouts to try to best place all radios, sirens, intercom etc. If anyone has photos of the interior of Velocity cab dash (center console, driver and officer sides as well as overhead) from different angles please forward to mg0178@yahoo.com or post.

Thanks in advance!
    WOW!! Pierce didn't TELL you where that stuff goes? So much for engineering!!

Just busting your balls. Enjoy the new rig.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Forum Member

One important tip .....

Be sure none of those items you mentioned gets in the way of the 25 gallon kool-aid dispenser.

MembersZone Subscriber

MG,

What are you guys getting from Pierce now? Surprisingly, my home department just signed with them as the lowest "responsible" bidder for a 75' quint/NFPA ladder. Surprisingly, it wasn't their spec either.
    FTM-PTB DTRT

Everything I state on here is to support and aid my fellow firefighters. Everything I post is my opinion only, and in no way should be taken as an official opinion of any Company, Department, or Municipality I represent... oh and this includes Pierce Mfg, as so their legal department has advised me; since they apparently also invented the right to control "Free Speech".

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by laddertruckgoes View Post
    MG,

What are you guys getting from Pierce now? Surprisingly, my home department just signed with them as the lowest "responsible" bidder for a 75' quint/NFPA ladder. Surprisingly, it wasn't their spec either.
    Tandem Axle Rescue on Velocity 10 man cab-for hometown Volly company. It will be an impressive rig.

Forum Member

Smile No KME !

Tandem Axle Rescue on Velocity 10 man cab-for hometown Volly company. It will be an impressive rig.
    Did JB Hunt bid on your new rescue ?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by WoodbridgeFFII View Post
    Did JB Hunt bid on your new rescue ?
    KME wouldnt have been able to touch it with a 10 ft pole!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Congrats and good luck...

We're getting the Impel... overall it's going to be a real good rig. I'm actually surprised at what Pierce is offering with it. The best part, it's not the copy-cat aluminum stick either.
    FTM-PTB DTRT

Everything I state on here is to support and aid my fellow firefighters. Everything I post is my opinion only, and in no way should be taken as an official opinion of any Company, Department, or Municipality I represent... oh and this includes Pierce Mfg, as so their legal department has advised me; since they apparently also invented the right to control "Free Speech".

Forum Member

We're getting the Impel... overall it's going to be a real good rig. I'm actually surprised at what Pierce is offering with it. The best part, it's not the copy-cat aluminum stick either.
    Impel is a great chassis. Just got a TL Quint and an Engine on the Impel chassis. REALLY impressed.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

There was a department near Boston,Mass that just took delivery of a real nice 75' Impel Quint for $ 530k, which is a great deal. A new pumper costs about the same!! Good Luck your New Stick!

Thread Information