Forum Member

Default Time limit for CDC courses?

I enrolled in the CDC Pumper course over a year ago and have not completed it. I was told you only get a year. So if this is the case, can I re-enroll and start where I left off? I have all the sections completed on the computer (Little green bullets and challenge reviews). I just need to take my tests.

Thanks for any info.

Worldwide Menace

Quote Originally Posted by arff42 View Post
    I enrolled in the CDC Pumper course over a year ago and have not completed it. I was told you only get a year. So if this is the case, can I re-enroll and start where I left off? I have all the sections completed on the computer (Little green bullets and challenge reviews). I just need to take my tests.

Thanks for any info.
    It is 1 year.. not sure what they do if you miss it. No one here seems to miss it.

-Damien

Forum Member

I took the Hazmat IC CDC and went over a year. My Training Chief was able to get some form a waiver.

Forum Member

I believe if you break the year mark you can get up to an additional 5 or 6 months to complete it, but thats going to be on your training chief to do.

Forum Member

You can get an extinction I think the only catch is if your test is in because you only have 45 days to complete the test if not you go on academic probation and you cant reenroll in a class for I think 12 months.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firebug79 View Post
    You can get an extinction I think the only catch is if your test is in because you only have 45 days to complete the test if not you go on academic probation and you cant reenroll in a class for I think 12 months.
    I contacted Edwards AFB Education and the lady re-enrolled me immediately. I just had to sign a form and email it back to her. So it went much better then I anticipated.

Forum Member

Arff Can I email or private message you?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NorCaFed View Post
    Arff Can I email or private message you?
    You can pm me at this site or email me at ylengine210@yahoo.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by arff42 View Post

Thanks for any info.
    The time frame to complete your CDC is 12 mos. Should you bust that time frame, your A/C of Training should be calling you in the office to explain why the CDC is not completed. Here is the loophole... The 12 mos. applies to the CDC end of course test, not actually getting the cert; not everyone knows this.

When you enroll, your name is in a database tracked by Air University. When the 12 mos. comes around, and your bust your deadline to EOC, your name is flagged and base training sees it on their report. Eventually it will get to the Base Commander.

You can get a 3 mo. extension but your A/C of Training should be monitoring this and not simply request it without good reason; i.e. medical, deployment w/o testing capability, etc.

If you bust the deadline and do not get an extension, then you are supposed to be disenrolled and cannot be re-enrolled for 6 months.

Not sure your situation as to why you have not completed the pumper CDC in less than a year. I would have thought your Supervisor and/or A/C of Training would have called you in to discuss say around the 6mo. mark. If all you are down to is the tests, and I am assuming the CerTest and EOC...then take them assuming you are still enrolled.

Oh, that's another thing....if you were disenrolled and try to register for an EOC, Base Educatrion will turn you away. You have to be actively enrolled to take the EOC. Why did you go straight to Base Education and not through yout training section? Hopefully you kept them in the loop so they can maintain your records.

Thread Information