Forum Member

Smile The guys are saying Thank-you

Came in this morning and was told by the off going shift that they had a ice rescue last night . A man went throught the ice about 200 yard off shore in Lake Erie. They used the new Ice Rescue suits that we won through the 2008 AFG grant. They said thank-you and that they worked great compared to our old suits that were dry rotting with holes. This is still just one event in which this program helps our guys out. Thank-you AFG! Now could you please give me my 1199.

Forum Member

Talking

Make sure to get letters out to your congress critters to let them know how important having safe equipment is, and the need to continue funding for the program.
    The main goals of the program are to make it safer for us to do our jobs with proper equipment.

Forum Member

Feels good doesn't it and you should. Make sure to cut out any articles that may show up and use them later. The thanks you keep inside of you forever.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by rands1 View Post
    Came in this morning and was told by the off going shift that they had a ice rescue last night . A man went throught the ice about 200 yard off shore in Lake Erie. They used the new Ice Rescue suits that we won through the 2008 AFG grant. They said thank-you and that they worked great compared to our old suits that were dry rotting with holes. This is still just one event in which this program helps our guys out. Thank-you AFG! Now could you please give me my 1199.
    Thank God you had the equipment. Are you listening Heritage Foundation????
    Last edited by ktb9780; 02-02-2010 at 02:46 PM.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

It does feel real good when you win an award, but the true feeling is when the guys do thank you, and you get to see the true results of your hair falling out from waiting to see if you get the grant or not.

Forum Member

Its nice to get a thank you. I got a couple after our first one, but not many. Even got complaints (why do we have to get this color turnout gear...) We just got awarded our 5th (5 for 5) and nobody says a word (one person said thanks). Some actually ask me to write for other things as if we are going Christmas shopping and they will give us whatever we want. Hopefully, you have better luck. After a while, it becomes expected and assumed. After the first grant, there was a big press conference. Now, it doesn't make the paper..... Good luck.

Thread Information