Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Forum Member

I believe that compound and master discharge gauges are not normally supplied when the InControl governor is used. They would have to be separately specified. Since the ICs have digital gauges already built in, separate traditional analog gauges would be redundant (not necessarily a bad thing, as experience is showing). Omitting them also saves real estate on the pump panel, which may or may not be at a premium.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by chiefengineer11 View Post
    I believe that compound and master discharge gauges are not normally supplied when the InControl governor is used. They would have to be separately specified. Since the ICs have digital gauges already built in, separate traditional analog gauges would be redundant (not necessarily a bad thing, as experience is showing). Omitting them also saves real estate on the pump panel, which may or may not be at a premium.
    That's been my experience with other trucks I've seen spec'd. You have to specifiy you want a the standard master intake/discharge gauges to go along with the InControl.

To be honest, it's not that big of a deal until the sensor goes out. If it's the discharge sensor like ours was, you can revert back to the individual discharge gauges. If it's the intake, though, you're hosed other than feeling and watching your hose react.

However, the non-digital gauges are also susceptable to freezing if you don't take precautions. That was evident in the fire I mentioned in a previous post where every engine on the fire but two had gauges locked up and inoperable, assumably due to frozen water lines to the gauge.

Forum Member

Default No heat pan

The truck doesn't have a heat pan.

Added a section to our SOG's and training documents to include switching to rpm mode if we ever have a failure in pressure mode again.
    Last edited by mitchkrat; 02-22-2010 at 02:42 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

We install heat pans (which you I see you don't have) on all our trucks in the winter months.
    We also have a pump compartment heater that circulates hot engine coolant through the pump compartment and we also leave our pumps wet year round. We have never had a problem with our pumps or related equipment freezing up on us with the average temperature here being 20-30 degrees in the winter. Another thing we ALWAYS do once on scene is engage the pump and circulate water.

MembersZone Subscriber

Question

Removed on 2-18-10
    Last edited by donethat; 02-18-2010 at 12:06 PM.

Forum Member

Default Winter Pump Problems

You know all this new electronics on these trucks seems to take alot of pressure off of the operator, which inturn means that he is not in total control the computer running that part of the truck is. A biodegradeable anti freeze can be used a lubricant on gate valves, another good thing for the pump is a belly pan under the pump with a front wall but the pan incorparates the muffler does help.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information