MembersZone Subscriber

Question Regional burn trailer?

Reno Gang & others,

Was there a Reno brother/sister that got a regional burn trailer in the past? And/or have any departments that you know of got one? You can PM me or reply. Thanks

Mark

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by morgancity View Post
    Reno Gang & others,

Was there a Reno brother/sister that got a regional burn trailer in the past? And/or have any departments that you know of got one? You can PM me or reply. Thanks

Mark
    Mark,

There have been departments that have been awarded burn trailers as individual departments. A burn trailer would not qualify under the PG as a regional project.

Forum Member

Question Mark, Andy

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    Mark,

There have been departments that have been awarded burn trailers as individual departments. A burn trailer would not qualify under the PG as a regional project.
    Now, this subject got discussed earlier when I was asking about a regional training application to attain nfpa 1001. Someone threw in a burn trailer into the mix of the discussion. Kurt called me at home at around 7:30am on a friday and said he discussed this with some department head of grants who informed him that as long as the burn trailer could not propel itself, it could be included into a regional training application.

Now since Andy has said different, that is a good enough reason to research it out further and get a written confirmation from DHS/FEMA. I wouldn't want anything to jeopardize my application by including something that would disqualify it. I've already come too close to being burned on that and am still waiting to see.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks,

Seems to me that the PG could spell out directly what is covered and what is not covered. So from my understanding then, it could be a doable project from a individual department supporting the entire region but not a regional project.

Seems the same to me.

MembersZone Subscriber

The litmus test for a regional project from the PG is:

In general, equipment purchased as a result of a regional project will be physically distributed to all the departments that are beneficiaries of the project. This physical distribution of the equipment to other first responder organizations is the single characteristic that distinguishes eligible regional projects from projects that are not regional in nature but may have an impact on a region via mutual aid.
    The individual department would apply for the burn trailer with the idea that it would be used regionally by mutual aid departments. Anyone doing this should have MOA's or MOU's in place (prior to the application) with area departments to not only show there is interest in using the trailer, but also defining what the costs will be for each department, # of times per year it can be used etc.
    Last edited by onebugle; 02-01-2010 at 11:13 AM.

Forum Member

Andy,

Do you have a photographic memory or the PG memorized? Its freaky how quick you come back with such documentation. Even your footnotes are strikingly impressive. I wouldn't want to be on the opposite side of an issue with you.

Forum Member

Jim, Jim.....hmmmmm seems I should know that name.......thinking I might have even met him........memory is shot again.

Just repetitiveness.
    yeah sure. and I was once related to china's dowager empress

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    Andy,

Do you have a photographic memory or the PG memorized? Its freaky how quick you come back with such documentation. Even your footnotes are strikingly impressive. I wouldn't want to be on the opposite side of an issue with you.

Jim, Jim.....hmmmmm seems I should know that name.......thinking I might have even met him........memory is shot again.

Just repetitiveness.

Forum Member

Hey, even the replys get reversed by your influence

Forum Member

The individual department would apply for the burn trailer with the idea that it would be used regionally by mutual aid departments. Anyone doing this should have MOA's or MOU's in place (prior to the application) with area departments to not only show there is interest in using the trailer, but also defining what the costs will be for each department, # of times per year it can be used etc.
    While I agree with your interpretation of it, we had a local company get an FR for a burn trailer here last year.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

By itself it doesn't qualify, but as part of a training program where funds are being used to pay for instructors, books, etc, then it's allowable.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by SLY4420 View Post
    While I agree with your interpretation of it, we had a local company get an FR for a burn trailer here last year.
    BC79er: By itself it doesn't qualify, but as part of a training program where funds are being used to pay for instructors, books, etc, then it's allowable.
    I stand corrected. I guess it bodes this question. How is it the trailer qualifies under a regional training program even though it's one piece of equipment that cannot be distributed to each department?

Forum Member

I agree with Bugle. I don't quite understand how it made it, but it did.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Didn't say it made sense. But that was basically the interpretation I was given. We didn't have anyone do it that way to have to worry about it. I did get told at the same time that someone wanting to do a regional Tech Rescue and get a trailer for the equipment along with training and was told no.

Thread Information