MembersZone Subscriber

Default Dept. Coordinated Computer Training

Brothers and Sisters:

I have been tasked as a training officer for my department to attempt to find a way to utilize my municipalities computer system to deliver certain training topics via our intranet. This is in an attempt to save money on the cost of using an outside vendor for topics and the ability to tailor the training topics to our policies and response intricacies. I'm trying to cut to the chase to see if any of you have software you have used to set up such training within your departments. Basically I want to be able to post powerpoints and some other training topic medias for viewing and then have a quiz at the end of the unit that self checks the answers and assigns a score.

I know there is something out there somewhere and hoping by using the forum I can find a few of you that have it and can't point me in the right direction. I have seen this type of training when I was a federal firefighter assigned to a VA hospital campus and we had certain topics required for hospital employees and it was high effective.

Any input would be great and all I ask is that the input be towards self delivered content...not any other internet training vendors as we have utilized one for the past 2 years with great success but are wanting as stated to cut costs for staffing and equipment reasons.

Thanks!
    Tom

MembersZone Subscriber

I know locally my cable provider allows our local government "Public Access" on two channels. maybe hey would provide your a secure channel for viewing at fire stations only. Get together with your local LE (city PD, SO,..) and EMS to see if as a group you could gain time. Then use a simple real time database to administer tests via the internet.
    Just a thought.

Forum Member

I am exploring the same thing. I am going to solicit quotes to add a "classroom" back-end to our website. I will be interested in any responces others have.

Forum Member

ALS

I spent a couple of years working in the training division of our department (which covers 11 stations and 250 firefighters) and was responsible for putting together a lot of our "intranet training" modules.

We used a program called the "Examview Assessment Suite" to create an intranet based test and the software lets you link the tests to PowerPoints, videos, websites, documents, or anything you want to link it to. The training media you're presenting just needs to be on a drive that's accessible in all your stations.

http://www.einstruction.com/products...iew/index.html

It's a lot to cover in a post, but each firefighter gets their own log-in name and password. They log-in to the Examview software and will see a list of CE's that are available. They select the one they need to take. The software will show them one question at a time and you can input a hyperlink assigned to any of the questions that will direct them to a training media for them to see. They select their answers and then submit them for scoring. The trainers have an additional software program that lets them retrieve all the scores at one central location (or multiple locations if you choose). This report has info such as name, grade, questions missed, length of time it took to take the test, etc...

After you purchase the Examview software, there are no additional costs to use it. You just have to create your own testing material.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks brother! I'm going to look into that while I'm snowed in the rest of the day!

Acklan I appreciate the input however I work in the suburbs of NYC and the local channels are packed tight. But I appreciate the thought.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

I don't know what line of textbooks you are using for your "traditional" style classroom training, but Jones and Bartlett have a pretty interesting setup for online training. All you have to do is adopt (in other words, buy) the Jones and Bartlett textbooks and the online content is included at no extra charge.

I have an account set up as an administrator and basically if you buy, say, the Fundamentals of Firefighting textbook (equivalent of Essentials of Firefighting from IFSTA), you get the FF1 and FF2 course content online. Each student gets a unique log-in name and password, and the administrator can track their progress and get printouts of their completed lessons. The administrator can also add questions to the quizzes and add other documents to the lesson plan (PPT's or department SOP's, for example). It's pretty neat, you might want to check it out.

Get more info at www.jblearning.com
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream and I hope you don't find this too crazy is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Forum Member

Default online computer training course

hii
    Take a glance on following info this is all related to online computer training course just u have to click on following link

online computer training course

We are pleased to offer private, on-site classes for organizations seeking to train 10 or more. We have Self-Study Solution Packages, Computer Based Training, On-Line Training, and we develop customized training for your needs.Logical Security leads the industry by providing comprehensive and varied educational solutions to meet a variety of needs.

i hope this will help u

thanks

Thread Information