Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Can't we all just get along?

Thought this article was interesting. Amazing that they are actually predicting something. Hopefully there is no truth to it, but keep your head on a swivel. The last scenario they mention would definitely affect us the first responders.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161962,00.html

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by LFDAO10 View Post
    Thought this article was interesting. Amazing that they are actually predicting something. Hopefully there is no truth to it, but keep your head on a swivel. The last scenario they mention would definitely affect us the first responders.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161962,00.html
    Quite interesting and I think very plausible. Just wondering, terrorists, born in America, commit terrorists acts on American soil, captured by American police, you still going to turn them over to American military and send to Guantanamo?

Forum Member

Maybe they would hit public transports during non peak hours,just to show that anytime could be the wrong time to "trust a bus".To paraphrase William Sanderson in "Monte Walsh" , "Doesn't have to be rush hour.Could be anytime."
    There's other scenes running through my fertile imagination that I don't want to share.Terrs might log onto FH.com as well and I don't want to give them any ideas.
    I played the aggressor during a security alert drill in the Navy one time and ended up beating the entire team.People were reprimanded for letting an E-3 not even qualified in small arms get the drop on them in spaces they should have been alert in.They were waiting to get to their assigned gaurd points before paying attention to their surroundings.
    I got in trouble for "taking" the XO hostage towards the end.("Sailor,you in no circumstance do NOT enter Officer's Country unless an officer has SPECIFICALLY in writing,which you will carry on your person,sent for you,Is that clear,SeaMAN Hesson?")Later on,I read that a SEAL Team had done similar things trying to show the Navy weaknesses in security.
    Last edited by doughesson; 02-04-2010 at 02:19 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BryanLoader View Post
    Quite interesting and I think very plausible. Just wondering, terrorists, born in America, commit terrorists acts on American soil, captured by American police, you still going to turn them over to American military and send to Guantanamo?
    That would make them double agents, spies, traitors, etc.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    Maybe they would hit public transports during non peak hours,just to show that anytime could be the wrong time to "trust a bus".
    There's other scenes running through my fertile imagination that I don't want to share.Terrs might log onto FH.com as well and I don't want to give them any ideas.
    Imagine hitting a small town school in rural America. Right now the focus is on big cities, rural America feels exempt. What if no place was exempt?

As for the original question. As long as people have different views and opinions they will not get along. And when that is gone we will all be drones, how boring will that be? World peace is a great idea, but be careful of what you wish for.

Forum Member

You know full well they would not be sent to Gitmo. The one fact you left out of your post is that they are UNITED STATES CITIZENS. As much as some people may or may not like it if they citizens they deserve the same rights as any other citizen.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Foxrocks View Post
    You know full well they would not be sent to Gitmo. The one fact you left out of your post is that they are UNITED STATES CITIZENS. As much as some people may or may not like it if they citizens they deserve the same rights as any other citizen.
    Actually, I didn't leave it out. You will note I said " Born in America" Would that not automatically make them US citizens. You don't have to be born in America to be afforded rights in your justice system. Someone visiting from Germany gets drunk and is stopped for DUI. What do you do? Send him to Guantanamo? Just lock him up and throw away the key. You maybe need to research your own justice system before making comments like yours above.

Forum Member

Actually, I didn't leave it out. You will note I said " Born in America" Would that not automatically make them US citizens. You don't have to be born in America to be afforded rights in your justice system. Someone visiting from Germany gets drunk and is stopped for DUI. What do you do? Send him to Guantanamo? Just lock him up and throw away the key. You maybe need to research your own justice system before making comments like yours above.
    Wel,l i apologize. You did state "born in America" So what? Your question was answered. But I suspect no matter what answer you are given you'll find a problem with it. Your question is clearly meant to bait an arguement about the rights and treatment of any " terrorists, born in America, commit terrorists acts on American soil, captured by American police".

Forum Member

How does that work if they should be caught comitting terroristic acts(blowing up planes,trains and automobiles,lighting up a school and shooting kids as they file outside to their muster areas,et cetera,et cetera,et cetera) at the behest of a terrorist in another country?
    Should that count as working for a hostile government since Afghanistan is talking about giving al-Queda a voice in the government?
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxrocks View Post

Thread Information